A Story. A Promise. An Invitation.
Grace products and processes improve toothpaste, medicines, car bumpers, water- and fireproofing materials, plastics, petroleum products, and biofuels. You'll find them in cans and bottles; in roads, bridges, tunnels, and buildings; and much, much more. Over 1,000 Grace patents are the product of a deeply-rooted culture of invention. Grace people develop, manufacture, deliver, and support breakthrough and proven products to meet needs in new places and new applications in Catalysts Technologies, Materials Technologies, and Construction Products.
Grace's story is a story of quality and commitment; with longstanding relationships and collaboration—with customers, co-workers, partners, and communities. And it's a story of Values through which priorities such as safety and respect have become part of the Grace DNA.
We are large enough to offer you opportunities around the world, and intimate enough to get to know you and allow you to get to know Grace leaders and team members throughout our business segments.
Finally, it's a story of growth; of dramatic expansion beyond traditional mature markets into emerging economies and new technologies. The success of Grace products mirrors the world's most promising stories of improving living standards throughout the world.
Our promise to customers, to our communities, and to ourselves is to deliver value; safely, reliably, and creatively. When we do, the lives touched by our products and those of our customers are made better.
So we invite you to look closely at the opportunities now available with Grace. If you're ready to lead, ready to grow, and ready to make a difference, we'd love to hear from you.
Our passion comes from doing exceptional work and making great things happen. It permeates our rich relationships with customers, co-workers, and our many communities. It is truly a story of talent, technology, and trust.
We invite you to share our passion
Whether you work with international project teams, collaborate on groundbreaking technologies, lead one of our highly valued customer partnerships, or work with our Six Sigma Black Belts, your opportunities at Grace are what you make them.
We thank you for taking a look and learning a little more about Grace.
If you're brimming with ideas, energy, and passion; if you're talented and ready to learn more, we'd love to hear from you.
Opportunities to Grow and Lead
In the Grace culture, we roll up our sleeves and take responsibility for ways to meet customer needs and move the company forward. Our teams and our business segments work together, so it isn't long before employees are closely connected with ample opportunities to make a difference on a project or in an important role.
We begin with our Vision, Purpose, and Values. On this foundation, we have built a leadership strategy, spelling out the behaviors we value in leaders and enabling each of us to see a clear path to growth.
Grace strives to be a premier specialty chemical and materials company. We provide innovative technologies and value-added products and services around the world to enhance the quality of life.
We are dedicated to our customers. They trust us to provide products, knowledge, technologies, services, and the people to make their products work better.
- Teamwork: Treat each other with respect. Work safely and effectively with each other to win in the marketplace. Communicate openly and candidly.
- Performance: Provide products and services that will make our customers successful.
- Integrity: Maintain and expect the highest level of ethical behavior.
- Speed: Work with a sense of urgency to meet our customers' needs. Move quickly to seize opportunities in the marketplace. Anticipate market shifts and respond before our competitors.
- Innovation: Encourage people to constantly look for new ways to create value.
Across Grace, every employee has the opportunity to lead. And every successful Grace leader demonstrates core behaviors.
- Deliver Results: Performance, outcomes, walking the talk, meeting commitments; bottom-line-oriented Grace leaders can be counted on to exceed goals and consistently outperform.
- Engage: Grace leaders are engaged. They are actively involved with and taking ownership for their teams' priorities, contributing ideas to improve things, adapting to change, always willing to help, and ready to expand their role in response to a team need.
- Communicate: Grace leaders inform, inspire and persuade, enabling team members to make sound decisions while inviting feedback.
- Be Authentic: Authentic Grace leaders have a profound sense of purpose and are willing to live according to their core values, remaining dedicated to personal growth and learning.
- Think Critically: Effective Grace leaders look beyond the immediate and the obvious. They probe for answers through honest analysis. Rigorous logic and problem solving are second nature and key to the balance and insight they provide to others on the team.
Every Employee Is Included and Engaged
As a global organization, our commitment to inclusion is demonstrated with the increasingly international profile of our employees and the communities where we operate. We draw talent from around the world. Over 75 percent of Grace employees were born outside the United States. Well over half speak more than one language and over 15 percent speak three or more languages.
We have customers in more than 150 countries and we operate in the local language as well as business English in well over 100 facilities in more than 40 countries. To be successful with our customers and our colleagues, we must respect every culture and one another.
In addition to trust, innovation is vital to our success. We have demonstrated our ability to remain leaders in new technology for decades and more. Innovation succeeds only in an environment that welcomes a rich variety of points of view. This is Grace's story and a competitive advantage.
As our Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Fred E. Festa has said, "By making Grace more welcoming to diverse voices, we expand the talent pool. We also expand the number of perspectives and ideas that are available to us. The real value lies in this richness of perspective and thought. To be a truly diverse company, we need to embrace and leverage the differences among us. Because when we do so, we make our company stronger, more effective, more flexible and more innovative. Our culture needs to respect open debate on our ideas and methods in a way that encourages all people to participate because they know that all contributions are valued."
Grace is dedicated to achieving equal opportunity for all of its employees and applicants for employment. Accordingly, our policy states that we shall:
- Recruit, hire, train, and promote qualified persons in all job titles, and ensure that all other employment related actions are administered, without regard to race; color; religion; sex; sexual preference; national origin; disability; status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, other protected veteran, or Armed Forces service medal veteran; or genetic information.
- Further the principle of equal employment opportunity in employment related decisions.
- Ensure that promotion and other employment decisions accord with principles of equal employment opportunity by imposing only valid job related requirements for employment opportunities and basing all employment decisions only on those valid job requirements.
- Ensure that all personnel actions such as compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, return from layoff, company-sponsored training, education, tuition assistance, social and recreational programs will be administered without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin, disability, status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, other protected veteran, or Armed Forces service medal veteran.
Employees and applicants are protected from harassment, threats, coercion, intimidation, interference and/or discrimination for filing a complaint, assisting in an investigation or opposing any practice inconsistent with this policy that is made unlawful under Executive Order 11246, the Jobs for Veterans Act, the Rehabilitation Act or their implementing regulations.
Grace internships and our MBA and Manufacturing Leadership Programs provide valuable opportunities in which you can test your capabilities and interests while networking with professionals in a paid temporary position.
Periodically, Grace internships are available in a variety of functional areas, including marketing, finance, communications, Human Resources, IT, operations, and others. Grace interns work directly with full-time professionals on projects and tasks that are important to the team.
MBA Leadership Program
The two-year Grace MBA Leadership Program is designed to identify and develop talented individuals capable of becoming future leaders at Grace. This innovative program is designed especially for high-potential individuals seeking careers in marketing, manufacturing, and finance. To qualify, you must have an MBA with a Bachelor of Science degree in accounting, finance, physical science, or engineering discipline (chemical, civil, mechanical, or materials science), and at least two to four years of professional experience.
Participants rotate through assignments in different business units and functional areas in order to provide a broad range of experiences while nurturing core leadership skills. Previous projects have involved new product development including market analysis, stage-gate project management, and product commercialization; business acquisition and integration; business model optimization, and more. Most positions are based in Cambridge, Massachusetts or Columbia, Maryland, and may involve travel up to 20 percent of the time. Each participant is assigned a Program Mentor to provide a high level of guidance and assistance.
Manufacturing Leadership Program
The Grace Manufacturing Leadership Program is a three-year, entry-level program focused on developing high-potential engineers for leadership positions within Grace's manufacturing organization. During the program, there are three one-year rotations designed to provide a range of manufacturing experience while strengthening leadership skills. Assignments are at Grace's manufacturing sites that have innovative chemical processes and multiple manufacturing capabilities/technologies. Program participants are partnered with a senior-level mentor who will follow their progress throughout the program while providing guidance and support. Throughout the program, employees learn about the many aspects of our business, receive leadership, finance, and Continuous Improvement training, and develop a professional network for sharing ideas and best practices in manufacturing excellence.
Grace's Manufacturing Leadership Program is designed for individuals who demonstrate strong leadership and management potential. Participants must have a B.S. in an engineering discipline, preferably Chemical or Mechanical. We are looking for meaningful work assignments as a co-op or summer intern, success in the classroom (GPA of 3.0 or better), and leadership experience. Program participants will relocate for assignments.
W. R. Grace Photos
- Featured Review
- Work/Life Balance
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
- Comp & Benefits
- Senior Management
I have been working at W. R. Grace full-time (More than 3 years)
- International/Intercultural Teams - Chances to develop your own "career" - Great Benefits Package - Motivating Tasks and Projects - Clear and transparent company goals - Experienced global Leadership
- HomeOffice concept not really accepted in many countries (lack of flexibility)
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Helpful (1)Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at W. R. Grace (Cambridge, MA) in July 2015.
Met with 2 different principle scientists (one at a time) and talked about previous work/educational experience as well as previous research. Then taken to meet with the director of R&D and reiterated everything all over again. Very relaxed and open discussions focusing mainly on my resume and job details.
- What is my laboratory experience as well as if I had any construction/power tool experience. Answer Question
You'll find Grace products in toothpaste, car bumpers, water- and fireproofing materials; in cans and bottles; in roads, bridges, and buildings; and in plastics, petroleum products, and much more. Over 1,000 Grace patents are the product of a deeply-rooted culture of invention. Grace people develop, manufacture, and deliver breakthrough and proven products to meet needs ...
Mission: Our promise to customers, to our communities, and to ourselves is to deliver value; safely, reliably, and creatively. When we do, the lives touched by our products and those of our customers are made better.