You Bring the Passion. We’ll Supply the Opportunities.
Every innovation starts with a big idea, but it is how you tell its story that makes an impact. That’s where we come in. As a global communications agency, we use earned, paid and owned mediums to help our clients create positive results and achieve their business goals.
People first — that’s how we see it, and that’s probably why we have been listed as a top place to work by PR News. The two women who started this company in 1983 still own and run it. Being independent means that we answer only to our clients, employees and our collective conscience. Instead of investing our time and efforts in pleasing shareholders, we invest in the people we know who are bringing innovative ideas to life. When you work here, you will find compelling work, global partnerships, worthwhile professional development, outstanding benefits and the opportunity to make a difference.
We value those who share our passion and belief in the power of change, discovery and innovation. We invest in our future by creating a fun workplace full of creative, skilled, curious and enthusiastic people. We are seeking brilliant storytellers, stewards of bold ideas and voices of innovation. If that sounds like you, we want you here.
If you are just getting started in your communications career, consider applying for Waggener Edstrom Communications’ internship program. Our interns don’t order lattes and pick up dry cleaning – they get hands-on, professional experience in strategic communications. We are committed to providing our interns with a strong foundation for entering the communications profession through a structured mentorship program, customized industry and agency training, regular feedback, networking opportunities and exposure to a broad variety of projects with multiple teams.
WITH A WAGGENER EDSTROM INTERNSHIP, YOU WILL HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO:
- Understand the significant role that strategic communications can play toward achieving clients’ business objectives.
- Learn Waggener Edstrom’s unique methods and practices guiding client contact, influencer relationships and strategic communications.
- Learn how the media works, how to build relationships with editors, analysts, and reviewers, and how to identify important influencers to clients.
- Research the basics of clients’ products and see first-hand how PR plans, strategies and tactics are created to help clients tell their stories to their target audiences.
- Work within a Waggener Edstrom team to respond to client requests, manage editorial and analyst requests, develop story ideas, pitch stories to journalists and plan for major events.
- Contribute to logistics planning and implementation of press activities, including press or analyst tours, trade-show meetings, on-site influencer visits and other events.
- Participate in the development and distribution of media alerts, press releases and related materials.
- Monitor industry trends and report on relevant coverage.
PREFERRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree or above is required.
- Managed multiple projects and worked under deadline with strong organizational skills.
- Exhibits the agency’s values of respect, integrity, collaboration, innovation, passion and curiosity.
- Strong writing skills – ability to synthesize information into succinct communications. Experience with the development of written materials for a client or school-run publication (backgrounders, media alerts, PR plans, blogs, newsletters and articles). PR specific materials a plus.
- 0-1 years of professional experience – public relations internship experience a plus.
At Waggener Edstrom, you will be developed both as a leader and as an integration communications professional. We significantly invest in your continual development through a variety of both internal and external programs including Leadership Forums, Industry Summits, Certification Programs and more. Whether you want to build your business acumen, conflict resolution skills, branding expertise, integrated influence flair or your leadership talents, we have a path to get you there. We are so committed to your success and development that upon arrival, we connect you with a cultural mentor that will help navigate our culture, remove barriers for you, and shorten the ramp-up time it typically takes to be a full contributor to your team.
We believe that developing you is more than just providing you with knowledge or education; instead, we feel people learn best when they are having fun and are actively involved in learning that is relevant, customized and practical for their current needs. We put you in the driver’s seat to select development solutions that best fit your interests and career desires, no matter how often they might change. Or, if you’d like to spend two weeks visiting one of our other global offices to share best practices, network, learn about another culture and sharpen your presentation skills, then join our incredibly popular Global Exchange program. Whether you’re looking for a mentor, coach, training courses, 360 feedback, best practice sharing, social learning or other development opportunities, we have a variety of solutions to meet your needs.
Come explore your career with us and see all the ways you can develop yourself and your future.
THE PEOPLE WHO MAKE UP WAGGENER EDSTROM COMMUNICATIONS ARE OUR TRUE DIFFERENTIATOR
The health and wellness of our employees is paramount and we believe a happy personal life wherein employees are able to recharge and spend time doing what they love promotes a healthy work life infused with productivity, creativity and overall job satisfaction. That said, Waggener Edstrom Communications provides a comprehensive and competitive benefits program to meet the needs of our employees and their families. In addition to base salary and paid time off, our benefits are tailored to the diverse markets and needs of our employees around the globe but always position work/life balance at the core. Here are some of the highlights of what we have to offer:
- Flexible scheduling
- Time off for community involvement and service
- Sabbatical program
- Global office exchange
- “WE Wellness” program
- WE Connect: Internet & mobile phone reimbursement
- Commuter benefits
- Medical Coverage
- Health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Employee assistance program
Waggener Edstrom Communications Photos
1 person found this helpful
- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I have been working at Waggener Edstrom Communications full-time (more than 10 years)Pros
Employees who want to contribute to shaping the company's future have the opportunity to help chart the course (if they have courage and are curious)
The workplace flexibility options are excellent. We're encouraged to speak with managers to discuss options based on individual circumstance (90% of my managers have been very supportive and very trusting)
WE has an impressive selection of programs to support personal passions and professional development: leadership groups, support to serve on the boards of charities, training and development curriculum, sponsorship to participate in community races, wellness program, opportunity to travel to another WE office for 2 weeks (Global Exchange) and paid volunteer benefit.Cons
Decision making can sometimes be slow (although this is changing. The company, just like the industry and every company, is positively evolving).Advice to ManagementAdvice
Continue to engage employees in designing the WE of tomorrow, act fast, prioritize and decentralize.
Preserve what made WE unique in the beginning.RecommendsPositive Outlook
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
- Interview Details
Spoke to someone in HR. Questions asked were basic, primarily in regards to previous responsibilities. Was told they were working on scheduling an interview but nothing seemed to happen, even after following up.Interview Questions
Declined OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
- Describe your previous job responsibilities Answer Question