WebMD Health Photos
- Work/Life Balance
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
- Comp & Benefits
- Senior Management
I have been working at WebMD Health full-time
Opportunity to realize your product vision, good working relationship among co-workers, decent bonuses, pleasant environment.
Understaffing in engineering and QA areas, tendency not to take risks investing in projects for future payoff, typical public company focus on quarter-to-quarter revenue, difficult to significantly improve salary, even with promotions.
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
- No OfferNegative ExperienceEasy Interview
The process took 5 days. I interviewed at WebMD Health (Portland, OR).
I had one phone interview for 30 minutes with a manager, then they asked me to come in for an on-site interview 3-4 hours. I supposed to meet 4 groups of interviewers (managers, architects, developers, QC). But they stopped right after the 3rd group and they didn't seem to need feed back from the developer groups. So it was a waste of time. The manager did not even read resume before the interview. There was no single explanation, just one sentence "You are not a good it" and then escorting you out.
- Most of the questions are basic and unpractical. The reviewers prepared a list of questions in front of them and just go through them one by one. There were a couple of writing code scenarios. Some of these questions repeated what you already discussed earlier. The eraser for the white board does not work so the white board looks very messy. Some of these questions were not appropriate for a Senior Developer position at all. There were very few questions about architecture or best practices. 2 Answers
- Architect: What is session? What is different between Get and Post? Answer Question
- From C# Developer: What is abstract class? What is different between interface and inheritance? What is encapsulation? What is singleton? Answer Question
- From SQL developer: What is View? What is Trigger? What is an outer join? Answer Question
- Front end question: What is closure in JS? Write a few line of code to show usage of "Prototype" Answer Question
House calls are a browser click away thanks to this online doctor. WebMD Health is a leading Web publisher of health information for consumers and health care professionals. Its WebMD.com portal gives consumers information on common health ailments, as well as articles and features on staying healthy through diet and exercise. WebMD's Medscape is a Web portal with clinical information for doctors and other health care professionals. All total, The WebMD Health Network (including WebMD.com, Medscape.com, and third-party sites) attracts more than 83 million users. The ...