Weber Shandwick is a global public relations and communications leader.
Across an expansive global network of public relations practitioners, our award-winning communications teams bring to every engagement an unrelenting client focus, a passion for their clients’ businesses, innovative and creative strategies and a commitment to measurable results.
Weber Shandwick has built a collaborative team of the industry’s most talented professionals, a client roster that includes many of the world’s most recognized and respected brands, and a proven track record of unparalleled performance. We provide strategic counsel and program execution services that span the complete range of communications disciplines and industry sectors. Services range from marketing communications, media relations and issues management to public affairs, crisis communications, and CEO and corporate reputation management. Our specialized integrated services include digital and social media, advocacy advertising and market research.
Weber Shandwick is a unit of The Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG), which is one of the world's leading organizations of advertising agencies and marketing services companies.
Most simply, you can’t go wrong joining an award-winning, highly respected, global agency that provides a fun, dynamic and creative place to work. It’s exciting and compelling to be part of a winning team that gives you the opportunity to learn and grow professionally every day. And, with our entrepreneurial and collaborative environment, expansive global network and wide range of specialties and practice areas, Weber Shandwick is a place for people willing to work hard, think strategically and devote themselves to doing superior work on behalf of their clients.
If you’d like to hear more about why Weber Shandwick is a great place to work, read on:
- The team – Our people are diverse, highly motivated, smart, creative, talented and energetic.
- The clients – The high-profile, global organizations, innovators, and regional and industry leaders with whom we work bring us new opportunities and challenges every day.
- The network – Our expansive global network provides opportunities to learn and grow, enables access to employees with specialized skills and knowledge and ensures we have the resources needed to get the job done.
- The work – Our intense focus on client service and execution helps us create advocacy for our clients; by embedding digital communications and social media in everything we do, we are able to reach individuals more effectively.
- The leadership – Recognized as one of the strongest and deepest leadership teams in the industry, from C-suite executives to practice and office heads, our leaders promote an intense client focus and a true spirit of collaboration.
- The commitment to diversity – A necessity, a priority and a competitive advantage, diversity is key to our success; we strive to employ a workforce comprising people of varied backgrounds, beliefs, experiences and perspectives.
- The (work) environment – A rush of positive energy, constant learning and deep pride in accomplishing great things as part of a team is what you’ll find at Weber Shandwick. We work hard, play hard and enjoy conquering new challenges daily.
- The (global) Environment – Our culture is environmentally focused and we are committed to being green.
- The training – Our Learning Navigator program provides a continuous learning environment for all employees, with more than 100 courses across nine tracks in a variety of formats.
- The collaboration – We are recognized by PR industry watchers for working together seamlessly, within teams and across geographies and practice areas.
Weber Shandwick is always engaged in Learning & Development.
The agency provides a comprehensive learning and development program via classroom instruction, webinar and online delivery, self-directed learning and on-the-job training. With our goal of engaging, always, we provide a variety of training in different ways to meet the unique needs of staff in all of our global locations.
The following characteristics of our Learning and Development platform are noteworthy:
- Cutting-edge digital/social media training worldwide
- Programs are directly linked to competency-based performance and talent management systems
- Global depth and breadth of all programs are aimed at building the knowledge, skills and staff abilities at all levels, across all cultures
- Practical, hands-on training using real scenarios and client challenges
Some other key program highlights include:
Offers live professional development, interactive webinars, social learning and online learning in leadership, communications, professional development skills, creativity, client relationship skills and team-building.
Global Exchange Program
Provides a unique opportunity for our people to work on multinational accounts, develop cross-border skills and experience first-hand different business cultures across our worldwide network.
At Weber Shandwick, we believe that workplace leadership requires comprehensive and competitive benefits programs in every office around the world. Represented in more than 40 markets, we offer first rate benefits worldwide in addition to programs that address market specific needs. Additionally, we continually review our offerings to ensure market competitiveness.
Our benefits programs are supplemented by local programs that reflect the customs and specific desires of our employees in each office. Some programs stress work-life balance, while others focus on community service. In every case, they are reflective of our rich and diverse employee population around the globe.
Weber Shandwick Photos
- Featured Review
- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I have been working at Weber Shandwick full-time (More than 3 years)RecommendsPositive OutlookApproves of CEORecommendsPositive OutlookApproves of CEO
The People - Crazy smart PR and communications professionals that are personable, fun, creative, down-to-earth and GSD.
The Culture - Feels like a spunky small company on the growth curve, but with big company established values and a well known reputation.
The Opportunities - The chance to work with high profile Fortune 500 brands and up-and-coming companies is invigorating and educational.
For such a large and established agency that tracks billable hours, it is surprising that the internal technology is so poor.
Advice to Management
Maintain the positive momentum and energy to empower and engage the entire office, especially junior staff.
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied online. The process took 4 weeks – interviewed at Weber Shandwick (New York, NY).
3 interviews on the same day, nothing too difficult just getting to know more about you and your understanding of the industry and current events. The interviews were one-on-one for an hour each.
- Current Events for the industry and the companies the agency represents Answer Question
Weber Shandwick is a leading global public relations firm with offices in 81 countries. The firm’s diverse team of thinkers, strategists, analysts, producers, designers, developers and campaign activators has won the most prestigious awards in the world for innovative, creative approaches and impactful work, including being honored as a 2014 Ad Age A-List Agency and winning 23 Cannes Lions together with its Prime unit since 2009. Weber Shandwick was also named PRWeek’s International Consultancy of the Year and The Holmes Report’s Best Healthcare Consultancy in the World in...
Work at Weber Shandwick? Share Your Experiences
- Weber Shandwick update30+ days ago
We’re back on the Ad Age Agency A-List for the second year in a row! Congratulations and thank you to all of our employees and client partners whose passion and commitment bring “engaging, always.” to life with us every day. http://glassdoor.com/slink.htm?key=vIfnQ