Weber Shandwick is a global public relations and communications leader.
Across an expansive global network of public relations practitioners, our award-winning communications teams bring to every engagement an unrelenting client focus, a passion for their clients’ businesses, innovative and creative strategies and a commitment to measurable results.
Weber Shandwick has built a collaborative team of the industry’s most talented professionals, a client roster that includes many of the world’s most recognized and respected brands, and a proven track record of unparalleled performance. We provide strategic counsel and program execution services that span the complete range of communications disciplines and industry sectors. Services range from marketing communications, media relations and issues management to public affairs, crisis communications, and CEO and corporate reputation management. Our specialized integrated services include digital and social media, advocacy advertising and market research.
Weber Shandwick is a unit of The Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG), which is one of the world's leading organizations of advertising agencies and marketing services companies.
Most simply, you can’t go wrong joining an award-winning, highly respected, global agency that provides a fun, dynamic and creative place to work. It’s exciting and compelling to be part of a winning team that gives you the opportunity to learn and grow professionally every day. And, with our entrepreneurial and collaborative environment, expansive global network and wide range of specialties and practice areas, Weber Shandwick is a place for people willing to work hard, think strategically and devote themselves to doing superior work on behalf of their clients.
If you’d like to hear more about why Weber Shandwick is a great place to work, read on:
- The team – Our people are diverse, highly motivated, smart, creative, talented and energetic.
- The clients – The high-profile, global organizations, innovators, and regional and industry leaders with whom we work bring us new opportunities and challenges every day.
- The network – Our expansive global network provides opportunities to learn and grow, enables access to employees with specialized skills and knowledge and ensures we have the resources needed to get the job done.
- The work – Our intense focus on client service and execution helps us create advocacy for our clients; by embedding digital communications and social media in everything we do, we are able to reach individuals more effectively.
- The leadership – Recognized as one of the strongest and deepest leadership teams in the industry, from C-suite executives to practice and office heads, our leaders promote an intense client focus and a true spirit of collaboration.
- The commitment to diversity – A necessity, a priority and a competitive advantage, diversity is key to our success; we strive to employ a workforce comprising people of varied backgrounds, beliefs, experiences and perspectives.
- The (work) environment – A rush of positive energy, constant learning and deep pride in accomplishing great things as part of a team is what you’ll find at Weber Shandwick. We work hard, play hard and enjoy conquering new challenges daily.
- The (global) Environment – Our culture is environmentally focused and we are committed to being green.
- The training – Our Learning Navigator program provides a continuous learning environment for all employees, with more than 100 courses across nine tracks in a variety of formats.
- The collaboration – We are recognized by PR industry watchers for working together seamlessly, within teams and across geographies and practice areas.
Weber Shandwick is always engaged in Learning & Development.
The agency provides a comprehensive learning and development program via classroom instruction, webinar and online delivery, self-directed learning and on-the-job training. With our goal of engaging, always, we provide a variety of training in different ways to meet the unique needs of staff in all of our global locations.
The following characteristics of our Learning and Development platform are noteworthy:
- Cutting-edge digital/social media training worldwide
- Programs are directly linked to competency-based performance and talent management systems
- Global depth and breadth of all programs are aimed at building the knowledge, skills and staff abilities at all levels, across all cultures
- Practical, hands-on training using real scenarios and client challenges
Some other key program highlights include:
Offers live professional development, interactive webinars, social learning and online learning in leadership, communications, professional development skills, creativity, client relationship skills and team-building.
Global Exchange Program
Provides a unique opportunity for our people to work on multinational accounts, develop cross-border skills and experience first-hand different business cultures across our worldwide network.
At Weber Shandwick, we believe that workplace leadership requires comprehensive and competitive benefits programs in every office around the world. Represented in more than 40 markets, we offer first rate benefits worldwide in addition to programs that address market specific needs. Additionally, we continually review our offerings to ensure market competitiveness.
Our benefits programs are supplemented by local programs that reflect the customs and specific desires of our employees in each office. Some programs stress work-life balance, while others focus on community service. In every case, they are reflective of our rich and diverse employee population around the globe.
Weber Shandwick Photos
- Featured Review
RecommendsPositive OutlookApproves of CEO
- Work/Life Balance
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
- Comp & Benefits
- Senior Management
I have been working at Weber Shandwick full-time (More than 3 years)
The People - Crazy smart PR and communications professionals that are personable, fun, creative, down-to-earth and GSD. The Culture - Feels like a spunky small company on the growth curve, but with big company established values and a well known reputation. The Opportunities - The chance to work with high profile Fortune 500 brands and up-and-coming companies is invigorating and educational.
For such a large and established agency that tracks billable hours, it is surprising that the internal technology is so poor.
Advice to Management
Maintain the positive momentum and energy to empower and engage the entire office, especially junior staff.
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
- No OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Weber Shandwick (New York, NY) in August 2015.
I reach out to a recruiter via Linkedin about my interest in the AAE position. I was emailed by HR few weeks after I made initial contact. I then had a phone interview with HR. A week later I came in for a in person interview. I met with 3 people from each team on different levels. It was very fast. 30 mins for each person. I tried to give the as much information about me as I could and I tried to ask them a lot of questions. At the end if the interview I met with HR who told me the next steps would be a writing test. I was never sent the writing test so I knew I did not get the position. Overall it was a little unorganized, but efficient.
- In a situation you cannot finish a product or ask help from you team. What do you do? (This was a really hard question) 1 Answer
Weber Shandwick is a leading global communications and engagement firm in 75 cities across 34 countries and operations extending to 123 cities in 81 countries. The firm’s diverse team of strategists, analysts, producers, designers, developers and campaign activators has won the most prestigious awards in the world for innovative, creative approaches and impactful work, including being honored as an Ad Age A-List Agency in 2014 and 2015, PRWeek’s 2015 Global Agency of the Year and The Holmes Report’s 2014 Global Agency of the Year. Weber Shandwick and its Prime unit have ...
Work at Weber Shandwick? Share Your Experiences
- Weber Shandwick update30+ days ago
We’re back on the Ad Age Agency A-List for the second year in a row! Congratulations and thank you to all of our employees and client partners whose passion and commitment bring “engaging, always.” to life with us every day. http://glassdoor.com/slink.htm?key=vIfnQ