Creating solutions for job seekers and businesses.
Serving the staffing industry since 1948, Westaff matches talent with opportunity. Whether you're a job seeker looking for work or a business with recruiting needs, we've got you covered. With over 400 offices nationwide, we are a part ofThe Select Family of Staffing Companies, a top 10 industry leader.
At Westaff, we understand what it takes to help people get a great job that matches their interests and career goals. We know how to recruit top performers for our clients that will minimize workforce costs and protect their bottom lines. It is through our industry-leading expertise in on-site programs, risk management, human resources, and employment law that we are able to do all of this.
As a leader of staffing services, we provide our clients and associates with the most up-to-date technology and practices. We are the first to offer video resume technology, a service that benefits both our job seekers and clients by allowing a shorter interview process and allowing candidates to stand out among competition.
Take a closer look at how we operate.
Our mission is to be the most respected staffing firm in each market we serve by providing best-in-class, extra-mile service to our valued clients and associate employees.
Our Four Strategies
- Develop lasting relationships with customers.
- Exceed productivity standards.
- Continuously identify and adopt best practices to deliver consistent quality and minimize costs.
- Develop and reward synergistic teams.
- We are professional in every aspect of our business.
- We insist on integrity.
- We "go the extra mile" to deliver service to our three customers: clients, internal colleagues, and temporary associates.
- We are decisive and embrace growth opportunities.
- We make commitments and set meaningful goals.
- We measure results and recognize and reward achievement.
- We leverage technology, innovation, and teamwork to satisfy our customers.
- Our CDR (Courtesy, Dignity, and Respect) distinguishes us.
- Every colleague owns the solution to satisfy our three customers.
Select Green Program
Helping others is in the very essence of what we do.
Here at Westaff, helping others is what we do. We help people find jobs they will love, and we help businesses staff their companies and improve their bottom line. It’s no surprise that we also take our responsibility to members of our local community very seriously. We understand that the very nature of our business has a strong impact on the world around us. For this reason, we have established the Select Green program, knowing our small changes can make a big impact.
Our MissionThe Select Family of Staffing Companies makes a continuous effort to operate our business in an environmentally responsible manner. We recognize that reducing the environmental impact of our operations is an important part of the extra mile service we deliver to our clients and associates, and we strive to achieve excellence in meeting environmental commitments by complying with environmental regulations, promoting and supporting green initiatives, and making environmental responsibility a key corporate value.
Westaff Goes Green
Some of our environmentally minded policies include:
- Taking our entire application process online – creating a savings of over 500,000 pieces of paper a year, reduction in toner use and waste, and a decline in the fuel needed to ship and store applicant paperwork
- Saving vital natural resources by switching our company cars to be more fuel-efficient 4-cylinder cars.
- Substituting standard office supplies with green versions of the same product.
- Moving our valued associates and clients to paperless transactions via direct deposit, paycards, and electronic invoicing.
- Providing a "green" thought of the week to all of our company colleagues via the homepage of our intranet site.
- Giving preference to "green" vendors who make environmental responsibility a core of their business as well.
- Holding regular meetings of our Select Green task force to uncover more and more ways to expand our environmental program.
Select Green Ambassador Program
Each of our local branches chooses one designee to implement environmentally responsible practices on a consistent basis, such as:
- Setting up recycling programs.
- Eliminating paper and plastic products in the break room.
- Conserving electricity through reduction of power needs and thermostat adjustments.
- Re-using recyclable materials when appropriate.
- Increasing visibility of other "green" tips to be followed in and out of the office.
Several of our branches have won awards in their local communities for their environmental efforts. We celebrate their achievements and look forward to doing more and more noble work – both locally and globally.
- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I have been working at Westaff as a contractor for less than a yearPros
It may have just been luck that I came into the Westaff East Lansing office at the right time when you needed someone ASAP and I had the right background and skills for the job, but I could not be more pleased with my new job. The location is perfect, the staff are all pleasant and helpful, it's in public health which is my field of choice, and the benefits package is really good. I could not have hand picked a better opportunity for myself. I felt that Westaff's Prove It tests are the best of the three I have taken (Officeteam, Adecco and yours). They really captured the skillset I have to offer and since those scores matter so much in placing someone, I was happy that I did so well in the skills that I feel are my strengths. Everyone on your staff was very helpful and positive that I would be placed very soon, so I was thrilled when I was placed the very next day and it has all worked out so well. I would recommend Mark Joseph and Westaff to anyone who is looking for an employment opportunity when they are so hard to come by in this continuing difficult economy. From my perspective, both the employee and the employer win by using temporary employees to ensure they are making a solid hiring decision. The employee gets to know the company culture and the staff as well as the job and the requirements needed to succeed before starting as a permanent employee, and the company has an opportunity to see if the person is the right fit and has what they are looking for skill-wise and personality wise. It's a win-win!Cons
There are no cons I can think of.Advice to ManagementAdvice
Keep up the good work!RecommendsPositive OutlookApproves of CEO
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
- Application Details
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Westaff in July 2014.Interview Details
A day or two after applying, I got a call from a Branch Manager saying he wanted to talk about the position, when I returned his call, he asked what I wanted to know about the job, thinking he'd already told me about it over the phone. He said he'd know more about the position the following week. I eventually emailed him after not hearing back. He said I was offered the job pending a background check. I came in and did all the paperwork and did a drug test as well. He told me I'd start the next week some time, he'd let me know when everything went through. Never called. It's been two weeks. I know my background check and drug test were clean as can be. I have emailed twice with no response AND found the same job posting on a different staffing company's website. They obviously lost the account. Maybe they should be more organized and not waste time.Interview Questions
No OfferNegative ExperienceEasy Interview
- No questions were asked. Answer Question
Let us know if we're missing any workplace or industry recognition –
Operating in the North, South, East, and, yes, West, staffing services company Westaff provides workers for administrative, clerical, light industrial, and technology positions (through its West-Tek unit). The company offers temporary, temp-to-hire, and permanent placement services. It has about 160 offices, including some at customers' facilities. Clients have included home...
Mission: Our mission is to be the most respected staffing firm in each market we serve by providing best-in-class, extra-mile service to our valued clients and associate...