- Work/Life Balance
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
- Comp & Benefits
- Senior Management
I worked at Western Nebraska Community College full-time (More than a year)Doesn't RecommendNeutral OutlookDoesn't RecommendNeutral Outlook
- Dedicated, hard-working staff and faculty
- Solid, community-based mission
- Ample parking
- For me, an opportunity to learn ground-floor basics I had missed moving forward too quickly in career
- Unwilling to make changes based on advice of paid, outside experts or staff, particularly those not well-known in the community and going back generations
- Little to no opportunity for advancement; people tend to be viewed by their title and role only
- Absence of communication leads to a lot of disharmony, in-fighting
- Very remote area; many of those who grew up there love it, the few people I met from "the outside" had harder than usual time adjusting
- The culture is very hierarchical and closed rather than flat and open.
Advice to Management
Management of individual departments is actually very excellent. There are some very hard-working, dedicated people who manage the various departments.
Institutionally, however, and even regionally, there is an unwillingness to make changes that don't involve throwing money around.
Let us know if we're missing any workplace or industry recognition –