- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I worked at William Hill part-time (less than an year)Pros
Flexible hours with competitive pay. Training is very good which lasts about 2-3 days. and there arent much benefits to the job other than the pay.Cons
finishing late can become quite a bore! and you can often find yourself working at difference branches. Being around the gambling industry can brush off and you may start to gamble as i did!Doesn't RecommendNeutral OutlookApproves of CEO
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
- Application Details
I applied online. The process took 2 weeks – interviewed at William Hill in September 2014.Interview Details
I logged in and completed the online tests which consisted of a numeracy, accuracy and a competency test. When I had completed the test, I waited to hear back from them and 3 days later, I received an email telling me that my application has been progressed to the next stage which involves telephone interview. I booked the telephone interview, had a phone call and passed it as it was quite straightforward.
I was booked in for a face-to-face interview and was interviewed by two ladies. One asked background questions and the other asked five competency questions.
First Lady's Questions:
- What was your previous experience like?
- What do you know about the role you applied for?
- Have you been into a William Hill branch before?
- Will you be able to travel conveniently to the branch you applied for?
- Why do you want to work for William Hill and Why not other betting shops?
- Have you got any holidays booked?
They Spoke to me about the training and benefits. That evening I received a call offering me a job after they said I would have to wait a week.Interview Questions
Negotiation DetailsNo Negotiation was actually needed.Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
- Name a time you had to persuade a fellow colleague. View Answer
- Name a time you had to work with a difficult colleague. View Answer
- Name a time you had to prioritise an important task over another important task. View Answer
- Name a time you had to go over your normal duties to please a customer. View Answer
- Name a time you solved a problem. View Answer
Let us know if we're missing any workplace or industry recognition –
There is always money on the line at William Hill. The firm is one of the leading betting shop operators in the UK (along with Ladbrokes). Its Retail division has some 2,300 betting shop locations in the UK and Ireland, offering wagering on most sporting events, including boxing, cricket, golf, horse racing, rugby, and football. In addition to UK sports, William Hill takes bets on US sports, as well events such as election outcomes. The company's William Hill Online operates casino, poker, and bingo websites, as well as an online Sportsbook. William Hill Online is...