Woodmen of the World Life Insurance Photos
- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I have been working at Woodmen of the World Life Insurance full-timeRecommendsPositive OutlookApproves of CEORecommendsPositive OutlookApproves of CEO
- Professional Development Plan Support
- Significant annual incentive (bonus) program
- Financially and organizationally stable
- Opportunities to make a difference in the lives of others by developing systems using current technologies and tools.
- A fun, family-friendly, welcoming atmosphere that's always working to get better.
- Countless opportunities to contribute.
This is not the place for people that don't want to make a difference, grow/develop/learn or work to see how their contributions can help others.
Advice to Management
Work as hard as you can to make sure that Woodmen of the World can be here for another 125 years.
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
Typical interview process is
1. HR screening phone call (first-pass elimination)
2. Hiring manager reviews the resumes that make it past HR
3. Hiring manager selects the candidates to interview (HR sets up the interviews)
4. Hiring manager interviews the candidates (2nd pass elimination) and decides which ones make it to the next stage (usually 3-5 candidates)
5a. Candidate is asked to take the Emergenetics and/or Profile XT assessments to understand their behavior and thinking characteristics
5b. Panel interview is conducted with A) position's peers, B) Hiring Manager's peers, C) Hiring Manager's superiors
5c. Candidate may be asked to complete timed written assignment in office at the end of panel interviews
6. Panels meet with Hiring Manager to provide input on which candidate is best
7. Hiring Manager takes into account all inputs, intuition/gut feel, and assessment results and makes final decision
8. HR extends offer and negotiation takes place on the offer (salary, etc)
- HR is now moving to a behavior interview model, and uses canned questions from Lominger depending on which "competencies" the hiring manager thinks are important attributes in this role. Behavior questions are all "tell me about a time when you...handled a conflict/disagreed with supervisor/etc. etc." Answer Question
Let us know if we're missing any workplace or industry recognition –
Woodmen of the World Life Insurance Society is a life insurance company formed to benefit the members of Woodmen of the World, a fraternal organization with some 700,000 members across the US. The company provides its members with traditional life insurance, as well as annuities for both individuals and small businesses. It also offers mutual funds, variable annuities, and 529 college savings accounts through its Woodmen Financial Services subsidiary. Additionally, members have access to major medical coverage and disability insurance via marketing agreements with some...