- inContact update18 days ago
Did you know we are moving? Moving on up!!!! Sandy here we come Spring 2016. Read more about our move here: http://glassdoor.com/slink.htm?key=vIfis
- inContact update22 days ago
Services Team Volunteers with United Way and Oquirrh Hills Elementary School The Technical Success Advisor (TSA) and the Customer Success Manager (CSM) teams have been continually serving and helping through our partnership with United Way. The service includes a monthly Parents and Pastries event where inContact employees spend time reading to students. http://glassdoor.com/slink.htm?key=vIfEc In addition, the inContact volunteers chaperoned six museum field trips this summer with the students.
As a leader in the emerging cloud contact center software industry, our company is part of something bigger than contact center technology. We are all about the people. Our technology transforms the interactions consumers have with companies.
It’s our mission to help make a difference in the customer journey, including our customers’ lives, our customers’ agents’ lives and their customers’ lives every day.
Our company supports the lives of our employees by offering a diverse, sophisticated and growing work place. All of us together are able to collectively make a difference for millions of people one interaction at a time every single day.
Are you ready to make a difference with us?
Fun Facts about inContact:
- Over 10 years in the multi-tenant cloud environment
- Over 2,000 implementations
- Over 70 Fortune 500 or Global 2000 customers
- Used in over 100 countries
Here’s what sets inContact apart from the competition:
- Carrier-grade network enables software growth
- Enterprise-class service & implementation model
- Open customizable platform, comprehensive developer portal
- Market-leading cloud innovation: Contact Routing, Proactive Outbound, WFO Solutions
- Largest distribution channel for cloud contact center
- Vibrant inCloud partner ecosystem
- Pure play cloud market share leader
Salt Lake City, UT (Headquarters)
Why Work at inContact?
We could give you the easy answer: because we're a lot of fun, but there's more to it than that. We're big enough to give you lots of career opportunities, but small enough you can bend an executive's ear to pitch an idea. You'll know exactly what value you're adding, and how your actions make a difference to the company. We're in a fast growth, global market, so we want people who can pivot on a dime, execute on great ideas, and be valued members of our team.
Who's a Good Fit for inContact?
We look for sharp folks who are drivers and innovators, not followers. Our company is nimble and dynamic so you need to be flexible, adaptable, and a pro at embracing change. Customer service should be part of your DNA, because it's highly valued around here. And lastly, a fun and engaging attitude is a big plus, because we play as hard as we work.
Our Corporate Philosophy on Fun
Although we take our work seriously, we believe it's equally important to have fun. We regularly plan employee activities like seasonal parties, going to a local amusement park with our families, and off-beat events like chili cook-offs. We also believe it's important to give back to our community so we do quarterly service projects to benefit local non-profits.
What Our Employees Say
“For me working at inContact has been great due to the technology that I get to work on a daily basis – you get to touch a whole lot of different new technologies which keeps the work challenging and lots of fun. Never a dull moment!” Zack Macharia, Network Architect
“One of the biggest reasons I love working for inContact is the company culture. So many companies claim to treat their employees well that it is fair to view such statements with some skepticism. However, from what I have seen during my 2 years with inContact, it is 100% accurate. The positive culture at inContact is built at the top and trickles down to where every employee feels as though they are part of a family. I have worked for several companies ranging from big to small with a wide spectrum of company cultures and I truly feel at home with inContact and am a proud member of the inContact family.” Jeff Baldwin, Webmaster
"I’ve worked at inContact for a long time. It has been amazing to be a part of the rocket-like growth we’ve had, but it is equally satisfying to see how we’ve maintained our entrepreneurial culture. inContact gives its employees the training, empowerment and coaching that you need, while continuing to push you to take on more challenging assignments." Debbie Draper, Vice President of Professional Services
inContact operates in two segments: Software and Telecom
inContact is the World leading SaaS provider of cloud-based cross-platform applications for contact center management, virtual telco connectivity and actionable business intelligence.
Our engineering teams focus on building remarkable technology scalable enough to handle millions of simultaneous transactions with 99.99% uptime and .001 seconds of latency. Our engineers are obsessed by precision with the customer experience always in mind.
inContact developers design and building software in various object oriented and dynamic languages such as: HTML5, TFS, MVCv3, C#, WCF, SQL, and Python.
Various data storage mechanisms and open source technologies are also utilized including; Relational DB, Cloud Storage, SQL and Hadoop.
To be an incontact developer you must have a Passion for test driven development, modular designs, and quality code.
inContact developers and architects code in a complex application that requires vast amounts of collaboration, problem solving, focus, discipline, endless testing, experimentation and persistence.
The complexities of being an industry leader in cloud solutions lies in the ability to provide our clients quality products and applications supported by a predictable and dependable network.
Network, Voice and Telecommunication support at inContact means operating in a rapidly evolving environment driven by the adoption of cutting-edge technology such as:
- Next Generation Firewalls
- Network Virtualization
- Server Virtualization
When you are ready to join a winning team we will count you (in)!
Did we mention sweet benefits:
- Enough money to feed your consumer addictions (oh, and medical benefits for those who believe in doctors)
- Time off to lay on the beach or backpack through Europe (3.5 weeks your first year)
- No sneezing at work rule, flexible work schedules for immune deficient folks
- Calorie counters be warned, we purchase your love and affection through gratuitous amounts of food and confections
- All the snacks you can eat and a soda fountain sent from the heavens
- Company outings, family celebrations, giveaways and recognition programs (for those who like to have a bit of fun)
Here is what you need to know:
- Our culture is awesome, mainly because our people are welcoming, helpful, believe in team member success and are as versatile as a Subaru Forster being driven by MacGyver on his way to a Swiss Army Knife trade show.
- We are a growing software company that was a start-up four years ago. Now we have nearly 950 employees and a cult following.
- We use next generation technology and hire Mensa smart people to perfect cloud technology and build software for contact centers.
- We are not a contact center, we just make software and technology that allows contact centers to create the best customer experiences possible.
- We pay competitive and reward you for meeting goals...also known as pay for performance.
- We believe in developing people by sharpening their skills through certification programs, conferences, internal training, mentoring and lets not forget meaningful and challenging good ole' fashioned work!
1 person found this helpful
- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I have been working at inContactPros
Relaxed culture. They say they're "business casual" dress, but nice jeans and a collared shirt are just fine.
For the most part, the company seems to really focus on the employee. They do a good job of being a large company (over 1,000 employees now) while still focusing on the little guy. Each position and individual feels like they can have an impact on the company.Cons
Right now, space is the only concern -- there are LOTS of people crammed in to their current building.
They have announced plans to build a large campus in Sandy, but at their current hiring rate, more space is needed immediately.Advice to ManagementAdvice
Continue to focus on the employee. Keep communication channels open, and continue to let us know the direction you intend to take the company.RecommendsPositive OutlookApproves of CEO
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
- Application Details
I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week – interviewed at inContact.Interview Details
Horrible. Dishonest. I was called few days before my start day and was told the position was no longer available. Interestingly the position was reposted on several job sites the same day!
The dishonesty and the way I was treated was shocking. I am glad that I did not join this company!Negotiation DetailsThere was no room to negotiate.Accepted OfferNegative ExperienceEasy Interview
As a leader in the emerging cloud contact center software industry, our company is part of something bigger than contact center technology. All of us together are able to collectively make a difference for millions of people one interaction at a time every single day.
Our company supports the lives of our employees by offering a diverse, sophisticated and growing work...
Mission: Making cloud software history in a dynamic and empowering environment, rich with personal and professional growth opportunities.