@Road

www.trimble.com

@Road Reviews

3.8

Steven W. Berglund

Wonderful Place to work and great people

Former Employee - Account Manager in Fremont, CA
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Fremont, CA

I worked at @Road

Pros

The management team at @road was high quality. They listen and really care about their employees. They really had talent for hiring some great people!! I would still be there if Trimble did not buy them.

Cons

One of the main call centers is in India and a lot of complaints. Otherwise no other issues!

I wish Trimble did not buy @road. I really enjoyed the team we had there at @road.

Things may be different after the Trimble acquisition...

Former Employee - Technical Support Representative Level II in Fremont, CA
    Former Employee - Technical Support Representative Level II in Fremont, CA

I worked at @Road

Pros

If you really need a job. Immediately management is normally good about being flexible with your schedule if you need them to be.

Cons

Poor pay if you been there for years. It's very difficult to get competitive pay or salary adjustments. Things may have changed since, but not sure if they have.

Pay those who have put in years of work and provide assistance to peers.

Was bad when I left, maybe it got better after the acquisition by Trimble.

Former Employee - Implementation Manager in Fremont, CA
    Former Employee - Implementation Manager in Fremont, CA

I worked at @Road

Pros

Great people. I can't stress this enough. The people are what make @Road. It was easy to make connections and everyone is helpful with any questions you might have. Career opportunities were plentiful when I first arrived but I think they mostly dried up by the time I left.

Cons

Complete disdain for their employees. As far as I could tell, everyone around me had low morale. The pay was extremely low when compared to similar jobs at other companies and terrible food in the cafeteria. For instance, Technical Support Reps were considered Customer Service positions and so were paid accordingly. Never mind that their job titles were Technical Support Reps. Also, the Training department was moved overseas to India and so there were NO resources locally for training and documentation. Terrible foresight in this regard. @Road started off as a good place to work for me and ended up being just another job to make ends meet.

STOP moving resources to India to "cut costs". Technical Support for your product should be handled locally to bridge the communication gap. STOP under paying your employees and MAYBE you wouldn't have such high turnaround.