[x+1], Inc.

xplusone.com

[x+1], Inc. Reviews

Updated May 6, 2014

John Nardone

A wonderful place to work and grow

ProsFantastic management and co workers, complimented by a fun, fluid, and ever evolving atmosphere. Everyone working here is brilliant, and that helps to drive you to do and be better.

ConsSteep learning curve when you first start. To make this easier, management has begun more in depth training to help new hires get on pace faster. This was needed for a while and I am happy it is happening.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work

Bitter Sweet and failing

Open (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsGreat interviewers and engaged environment

ConsLacking ethnic diversity here that is feels bad

Advice to Senior ManagementYour company, when I visited seemed diverse as a GOP convention. You should invest in minority candidates because your computer skills and backgrounds can be learned if you believe in the right candidates.

A cool product and some of the best people I've ever worked with

ProsThe best part about working at [x+1] is the people. You will work with smart, creative, and fun people who are all looking to deliver great results to customers. I've made many lifelong friends in my time at [x+1].

Additionally, the product and company vision is compelling and management is more than happy to reward employees who are able to contribute.

ConsAggressive growth goals and a hyper-competitive industry can at time feel overwhelming. Also, the office itself leaves something to be desired.

Advice to Senior ManagementSet achievable financial targets, renovate the New York office space, and keep doing what you're doing!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Avoid this company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsMost people are friendly that's all there is here

Cons[x+1] is run like a sweat shop- the young staff works hard for long hours and low pay while management who are not even around most of the time, have large salaries and many freedoms others do not.

Advice to Senior ManagementLISTEN to your employees

[x+1] is a great place to learn about digital media and optimization, maybe even the best place.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsGreat CEO, great tools developers, very smart co-workers, a fun group to hang around with. The technology and the statistical approach are state-of-the-art.

ConsThere is a tendency to bring people in from outside rather than promote from within. The organization if a bit top-heavy, anyway, so there's not much room at the top to promote anyone into, anyway. If you want to progress into senior management, you have to leave.

Advice to Senior ManagementThink more about the long-term value proposition that working for the company presents to a current or prospective employee

Worked for [x+1], Inc.? Contribute to the Community!