[x+1], Inc. Reviews

Updated August 28, 2014
Updated August 28, 2014
3.1

John Nardone

Amazing place with supportive people

I have been working at [x+1], Inc. full-time for more than a year

Pros

Really fantastic people. Everyone is driven, smart, but also brings a very human feel to it. There's a real sense of community across the various offices, with each office having a different vibe. And that's only going to get better in the coming months!

Cons

I think in any tech company there's a degree of "over-availability" that you make yourself. It's important to carve out a good work life balance and manage time appropriately while in the office.

You've done great! Thanks for being so available over the years - you set the stage with the onboarding program and continued to follow through on that promise.

This company lacks any semblance of focus.

I have been working at [x+1], Inc. full-time for less than a year

Pros

Very smart people you work with on the ground. Most employees who work at [x+1] move on to find very promising careers at other companies

Cons

Redundant and unnecessary management layers. Roles and responsibilities are a complete disaster, and as a result, no one does their job. Engineering is slow to develop. Sales is a complete disaster.

Take a hard look at who is in key roles. Some very senior members of the organization really need to do something to effect change rather than just looking at dollars and cents. If something is broke, it needs to be fixed. You can't just throw some duct tape on the problem.

Bitter Sweet and failing

Current Employee - Open  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Open in New York, NY

I have been working at [x+1], Inc.

Pros

Great interviewers and engaged environment

Cons

Lacking ethnic diversity here that is feels bad

Your company, when I visited seemed diverse as a GOP convention. You should invest in minority candidates because your computer skills and backgrounds can be learned if you believe in the right candidates.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A wonderful place to work and grow

I have been working at [x+1], Inc. full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fantastic management and co workers, complimented by a fun, fluid, and ever evolving atmosphere. Everyone working here is brilliant, and that helps to drive you to do and be better.

Cons

Steep learning curve when you first start. To make this easier, management has begun more in depth training to help new hires get on pace faster. This was needed for a while and I am happy it is happening.

Keep up the great work

A cool product and some of the best people I've ever worked with

I have been working at [x+1], Inc. full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The best part about working at [x+1] is the people. You will work with smart, creative, and fun people who are all looking to deliver great results to customers. I've made many lifelong friends in my time at [x+1].

Additionally, the product and company vision is compelling and management is more than happy to reward employees who are able to contribute.

Cons

Aggressive growth goals and a hyper-competitive industry can at time feel overwhelming. Also, the office itself leaves something to be desired.

Set achievable financial targets, renovate the New York office space, and keep doing what you're doing!

Avoid this company

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at [x+1], Inc. full-time for more than a year

Pros

Most people are friendly that's all there is here

Cons

[x+1] is run like a sweat shop- the young staff works hard for long hours and low pay while management who are not even around most of the time, have large salaries and many freedoms others do not.

LISTEN to your employees

[x+1] is a great place to learn about digital media and optimization, maybe even the best place.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at [x+1], Inc.

Pros

Great CEO, great tools developers, very smart co-workers, a fun group to hang around with. The technology and the statistical approach are state-of-the-art.

Cons

There is a tendency to bring people in from outside rather than promote from within. The organization if a bit top-heavy, anyway, so there's not much room at the top to promote anyone into, anyway. If you want to progress into senior management, you have to leave.

Think more about the long-term value proposition that working for the company presents to a current or prospective employee

Worked for [x+1], Inc.? Contribute to the Community!