1-800 CONTACTS

Updated August 6, 2014

4.6

1-800 CONTACTS CEO and Director Brian Bethers
Brian Bethers

Pros
  • Onsite cafeteria, film festivals, summer events, parties, recognition, the list goes on (in 9 reviews)

• on-site fitness center w/ personal trainers (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Pay isn't the best, but relatively standard for a call center; it's a (in 8 reviews)

• Work/Life balance has been better in some roles than others (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

1-800 Contacts is a great place to work

Current Employee - Call Center Manager  in  Draper, UT
    Current Employee - Call Center Manager in Draper, UT

I have been working at 1-800 CONTACTS full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great benefits, onsite grille, great people, great opportunities to advance and develop as a leader. Film festivals twice a year, a great summer event. They really value their employees and do a lot for them.

Cons

I can't think of any

Great company to work for

Current Employee - Software Developer  in  Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at 1-800 CONTACTS full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The company cares for it's employees. They provide yearly opportunities to attend training classes or conferences, have subsidized meals. Management is also very understanding of challenges outside of work.

Cons

There are limited opportunities for advancement outside of a management position. The main body of employees is split between three adjacent buildings which limits interaction between business groups.

Great Company with Great People

I have been working at 1-800 CONTACTS full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

1-800 Contacts has been a refreshing surpise for me. I came to the call center not expecting to stay very long because well a call center is a call center. It took about a month for me to realize that i had stumbled onto something very special. I found a company that actually cares about their customers. I have seen my peers go the extra mile to take care of their customers and I have been able to do the same. I have a great manager who cares about me both personally and professionally. I have always been coached and know what i need to do to get my performance to the next level.

I have been here for a few years and i have seen friends leave for new opportunities and that is great for them, but i also see many of them come back. 1-800 Contacts has a great environment with a fun team of people. Don't get me wrong, its not a party 24-7, you have a job to do and there are a lot of high caliber people that do outstanding in their personal performance. A few years ago the company had a slogan "work hard, play hard". i feel like that is exactly what you find at 1-800 Contacts. If you are willing to work and like doing it next to some amazingly talented people, you will love 1-800 Contacts

Cons

Because there are so many people that love the company, it can be challenging to get the promotions as quickly as you would like them. The good part about that is that there are lots of great people that i compete with. The hard part is that i have to be more patient than i would like to at times.

Honestly, Keep it up! 1-800 is special place to work and while change can be hard when we go through it we are headed in the right direction.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Amazing Place to Work!!!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Draper, UT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Draper, UT

I have been working at 1-800 CONTACTS full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The Culture, all the Benefits, the Events, the Flexibility, the opportunities to always advance and Develop yourself, and most of all the Great People

Cons

The main feedback I would have is inter department communication, but this has become a lot better as of late

With a company that is still growing and adapting with the times some change is necessary and we have seen a lot as of recent, as long as we continue to focus on our associates being well taken care of and happiness, our customer experience that is the best on earth, and our great leadership and direction we will be juuuust fine ;)

Incredible company!

I have been working at 1-800 CONTACTS full-time for less than a year

Pros

Just started the training class and I am excited to start actually doing the work! They empower you to actually help customers.

Cons

None yet because I just started a week ago.

It's euphoric and surreal to be back.

I have been working at 1-800 CONTACTS part-time

Pros

The company hasn't changed it's culture from the first time I was here. They go above and beyond to keep their employees happy. They spend just as much on their employees happiness, as they do in just basic operations of the company. THAT is saying something! They have easy to use systems, and systems that actually function. It's great to feel empowered to help people.

Cons

The only con was training, as fun and lively as it was, it was too mundane. The information was stuff I already knew. It was complete review for me, and I'd like to just have jumped to doing my job. The trainer gave very few stand up and breathe or stretch your leg type breaks so it seemed very monotonous and I feel like our class lost motivation and energy during the day because of this.

Make training for previous employees, much less time. Possibly offer a test to gauge their knowledge retention, before putting them through training. Then give them training for what they need. Raise the starting pay after training. Incentivize the trainess with higher pay if they pass the 2 tests during training.

Absolutely surprised!!!

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative

I have been working at 1-800 CONTACTS part-time for less than a year

Pros

They are 100% committed to taking care of there associates and customers.

Cons

No cons so far :)

First Day With 1-800 Contacts

I have been working at 1-800 CONTACTS full-time for less than a year

Pros

1-800 has the best work environment. Great people, great values and great management!

Cons

Honestly, I can't think of any.

Keep up the great work!

I love my job!

I have been working at 1-800 CONTACTS full-time

Pros

I've never had a better work environment. Great benefits like the grill, fitness center, tuition reimbursement, eye clinic, massages. Company sponsered activities are also amazing.

Cons

Advancement can be difficult because there isn't much turnover in management level positions

Do you LOVE your job? I do!

Current Employee - Hardworking Employee  in  Draper, UT
    Current Employee - Hardworking Employee in Draper, UT

I have been working at 1-800 CONTACTS full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I have worked for 1-800 Contacts for roughly 6 years now, and can honestly say that I LOVE my job. Since joining the 1-800 Contacts family, I have had the opportunity to work with so many honest, fun, hardworking people. The culture here at 1-800 Contacts is one that makes you feel, 1.That your employer has your back 2. You will ALWAYS be valued as an individual 3. We practice what we preach 4. That we know when to have fun, and know when its time to get down to business. Between you and me, this is the BEST place to work!

Cons

There seems to be a slack of transparency from upper management at times with changes within departments, and I know that can be unnerving at times for associates.

1-800 Contacts continues to be innovative, and it is because of managements drive to always be evolving and helping our customers. Keep up the good work! You're hardwork does not go unnoticed.

Worked for 1-800 CONTACTS? Contribute to the Community!