1-800 CONTACTS Reviews

Reset
4.3
1-800 CONTACTS CEO and Director Brian Bethers
Brian Bethers

Pros
  • Less Pro's all the time but work life balance was good but it had gone down in recent years (in 8 reviews)

• There are so many benefits and perks from our film festivals to our onsite restaurant (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • There is also ample opportunity to move out of the call center and into more corporate level positions (in 9 reviews)

• Work/Life balance has been better in some roles than others (in 3 reviews)

1. Featured Review

Customer service Rep

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Draper, UT
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Draper, UT

I have been working at 1-800 CONTACTS full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This place has it all personal trainers in a great gym free of charge for employees and their families. Discounted delicious food you won't even believe the food for between $1.00 and 2.50 for employees. On site massage therapist. Really nice people and no micro managing. Lots of room for growth in the company all managers and higher ups all started as entry level employees.

Cons

Have not found any yet! Great place to work. I know I am suppose to write 20 words I will update this if I find some cons.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work on keeping your employees happy!

2. Probably the greatest place I will ever work.

I have been working at 1-800 CONTACTS

Pros

1-800 CONTACTS is probably the best place I will ever work. The culture is fantastic, the management is great, and I will always use 1-800 CONTACTS as the example of how a company can best serve its employees.

Cons

With all good things, there have to be some cons. 1-800 CONTACTS isn't as competitive as other companies, but to me, the quality of life outweighs the salary deficiencies.

Advice to Management

You need to value the people you have now. Bringing on new talent and paying them more than "home grown" talent is a good way to lose those that make 1-800 great.

3. Among the best companies to work for in Utah!

I have been working at 1-800 CONTACTS

Pros

Excellent associate oriented culture. Very compeititve wages for those who preform. Multiple awards for best companies to work for, best of state, best work-life balance, best food services, best heart healthy and many others. Excellent physical facilities. Very good communication from management. Recongition in many forms.

Cons

Improve recognition and need to more consistently celebrate success.

Advice to Management

Seek out more opportunites to listen to associate feedback.

Great place to work

Current Employee - Senior Telecommunications Engineer in Draper, UT
    Current Employee - Senior Telecommunications Engineer in Draper, UT

I have been working at 1-800 CONTACTS full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Salary's are competitive. They offer a lot of perks like discount meals in the cafeteria, free soda, film festivals, and onsite gym with personal trainers. The environment is good to work in. Innovation is important.

Cons

I don't really have much to complain about. We have one bad apple, but it doesn't spoil the bunch for most.

Advice to Management

Get rid of the bad apple.

Great Place to Work!

Current Employee - Software Developer in Draper, UT
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Draper, UT

I have been working at 1-800 CONTACTS full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

On site fitness center. On site chef cafeteria. Employees are able to contribute and are valued. I have really enjoyed working here and have really developed my skills and career in the process. I always have work to do. We keep busy.

Cons

No job is perfect all the time, but not a lot of negatives here. Staff is spread across 3 buildings.

Advice to Management

Take more opportunities to communicate vision for future.

Best company ever

I have been working at 1-800 CONTACTS

Pros

The people and the management team

Cons

Nobody wants to leave. Makes advancement difficult

Great company to work for. Their vision "We take care of our associates, so they take care of our customers."

I have been working at 1-800 CONTACTS full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Onsite cafeteria, film festivals, summer events, parties, recognition, the list goes on! The company is growing with glasses.com which has given more growth opportunity in the last year than we have seen in the 6 years I've been here and it will continue to grow.

Cons

Sometime hours can be long but we undestand the vision and sometimes it's required. They try to make sure we are recognized when major projects are accomplished and we try to have work/life balance whenever time allows.

Advice to Management

I think with the new higher vacation benefits it will be easier to maintain a work/life balance but encouraging your associates to have that balance will help in the long run. Giving them "time away" when they are off as much as possible, meaning, limit emails and phone calls while they are off.

A company that rewards the hard-working employee.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Draper, UT

I worked at 1-800 CONTACTS part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You can work from home but I don't know that you would want to. The on-site cafeteria and fitness center are pretty great perks. They reward you for doing your job well with generous bonuses and raises ever six months. Management is always there to help you and take your ideas and thoughts into consideration. Great place to work while going to school.

Cons

It's monotonous work at time but there is the ability to move around a bit. I started out on the phones and then, when I thought I might start yelling at people, I was able to switch to online chats and emails. There is also ample opportunity to move out of the call center and into more corporate level positions.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

Best employer I've ever had

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Draper, UT

I worked at 1-800 CONTACTS full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Onsite cafeteria (amazing food), onsite gym, great benefits, super happy and optimistic coworkers, good pay, and a lot of fun work and after work activities.

Cons

Normal cons that go with working in a call center environment, some pressure to keep sales up, calls pushed to you quickly after call has finished.

Advice to Management

None

One of the best places to work in Utah for sure!

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Draper, UT
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Draper, UT

I have been working at 1-800 CONTACTS full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A lot of opportunities to advance your career, they are the leader in their industry, they are so very flexible with your life outside of work, they have awesome events throughout the year for associates and their families, they treat employees very well, there;s an on-site cafeteria and gym, benefits are pretty good comparably, the list goes on and on...

Cons

Raises come annually which is great, but it's not much more than 3% to cover inflation.

Advice to Management

I would search internally for top talent and help them jump-start their careers so they don't leave for more money to another company.

RSS Feed </> Embed