1-800 CONTACTS

Updated October 13, 2014
4.6

1-800 CONTACTS CEO and Director Brian Bethers
Brian Bethers

Pros
  • Provides a very good work/life balance (in 7 reviews)

• Not to mention the perks grill on campus, film festivals, summer parties, and a focus on growth (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Pay isn't the best, but relatively standard for a call center; it's a (in 8 reviews)

• Work/Life balance has been better in some roles than others (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Employee benefits, culture and colleagues are excellent for part time employees.

Current Employee - Inventory Clerk in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Inventory Clerk in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at 1-800 CONTACTS part-time (less than an year)

Pros

This company offers so much! They are very genuinely concerned about the employee and work hard to instill a sense of team, and health and wellness with regards to work life balance. In my time here, there are monthly team building activites, goal setting and rewards for acheivement, and wonderful employee family activities. The employee perks are great, with a fully snack stocked break room, cafeteria, gym, and great vision discounts.

Cons

In my time here, I have not found any cons. I just wish that I could attain a full time position with this company.

A great place to grow with the company.

Former Employee - Anonymous in Draper, UT
    Former Employee - Anonymous in Draper, UT

I worked at 1-800 CONTACTS full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

1-800 CONTACTS was a great place to learn and grow with the company. They offer lots of great benefits like an amazing restaurant, gym, film festivals, summer parties, etc., but I always felt the best thing about the company was the people I worked with. After working with the company for a very long time I would count some of my best friends as co-workers. It's also a place that allowed me a lot of opportunity for personal growth and development with managers that saw the potential in me.

Cons

There are only so many open jobs to be promoted into so sometimes good people have to really push themselves to get into that next job. Also if you don't like change you may have a hard time with the company...I enjoyed the change and never got bored there, but some people struggle with an environment that can change rapidly.

Stick with the things that have made you successful: customer focus, employee focus, and a drive to continually improve. ...And make sure all of those really good people who don't quite make the cut for the promotion they want know how much you value them in their current position.

Excellent place to work!

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Draper, UT
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Draper, UT

I worked at 1-800 CONTACTS full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Work- Life Balance is a priority!! They really do Care about you!! Amazing opportunities for advancements! Great Benefits, very flexible schedule, Fun Work Enviroment & very competitive Wages!

Cons

Since they have sold Company things have went down hill!

1-800 CONTACTS Response

Sep 26, 2014HR Business Partner

1-800 CONTACTS is very pleased with our new ownership, T.H. Lee. We are working on some exciting new projects, the biggest being our new building which will be completed in July 2015. We understand ... More

1-800 Contacts is a great place to work

Current Employee - Call Center Manager in Draper, UT
    Current Employee - Call Center Manager in Draper, UT

I have been working at 1-800 CONTACTS full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Great benefits, onsite grille, great people, great opportunities to advance and develop as a leader. Film festivals twice a year, a great summer event. They really value their employees and do a lot for them.

Cons

I can't think of any

1800 CONTACTS Great Environment

Current Employee - Vice President in Draper, UT
    Current Employee - Vice President in Draper, UT

I have been working at 1-800 CONTACTS full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The people are fantastic, the perks (gym with trainers, kitchen, ball games, movie events, summer event) are outstanding, compensation is very fair and the focus on the associate and customer are nothing like I've seen before. Best place I've ever work in my career; leaders that listen and give opportunity to those that preform and desire to do more.

Cons

In my 20+ months at 1800 I am yet to find a con.

Keep the passion and drive around the customer and associate.

I love my job!

I have been working at 1-800 CONTACTS full-time

Pros

I've never had a better work environment. Great benefits like the grill, fitness center, tuition reimbursement, eye clinic, massages. Company sponsered activities are also amazing.

Cons

Advancement can be difficult because there isn't much turnover in management level positions

First Day With 1-800 Contacts

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Draper, UT

I have been working at 1-800 CONTACTS full-time (less than an year)

Pros

1-800 has the best work environment. Great people, great values and great management!

Cons

Honestly, I can't think of any.

Keep up the great work!

Absolutely surprised!!!

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative

I have been working at 1-800 CONTACTS part-time (less than an year)

Pros

They are 100% committed to taking care of there associates and customers.

Cons

No cons so far :)

It's euphoric and surreal to be back.

I have been working at 1-800 CONTACTS part-time

Pros

The company hasn't changed it's culture from the first time I was here. They go above and beyond to keep their employees happy. They spend just as much on their employees happiness, as they do in just basic operations of the company. THAT is saying something! They have easy to use systems, and systems that actually function. It's great to feel empowered to help people.

Cons

The only con was training, as fun and lively as it was, it was too mundane. The information was stuff I already knew. It was complete review for me, and I'd like to just have jumped to doing my job. The trainer gave very few stand up and breathe or stretch your leg type breaks so it seemed very monotonous and I feel like our class lost motivation and energy during the day because of this.

Make training for previous employees, much less time. Possibly offer a test to gauge their knowledge retention, before putting them through training. Then give them training for what they need. Raise the starting pay after training. Incentivize the trainess with higher pay if they pass the 2 tests during training.

Incredible company!

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Draper, UT

I have been working at 1-800 CONTACTS full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Just started the training class and I am excited to start actually doing the work! They empower you to actually help customers.

Cons

None yet because I just started a week ago.