1-800 CONTACTS

Updated Jul 3, 2014

1-800 CONTACTS CEO and Director Brian Bethers

Brian Bethers

I love my job!

ProsI've never had a better work environment. Great benefits like the grill, fitness center, tuition reimbursement, eye clinic, massages. Company sponsered activities are also amazing.

ConsAdvancement can be difficult because there isn't much turnover in management level positions

First Day With 1-800 Contacts

Draper, UT

Pros1-800 has the best work environment. Great people, great values and great management!

ConsHonestly, I can't think of any.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work!

Absolutely surprised!!!

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee)

ProsThey are 100% committed to taking care of there associates and customers.

ConsNo cons so far :)

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

It's euphoric and surreal to be back.

Draper, UT

ProsThe company hasn't changed it's culture from the first time I was here. They go above and beyond to keep their employees happy. They spend just as much on their employees happiness, as they do in just basic operations of the company. THAT is saying something! They have easy to use systems, and systems that actually function. It's great to feel empowered to help people.

ConsThe only con was training, as fun and lively as it was, it was too mundane. The information was stuff I already knew. It was complete review for me, and I'd like to just have jumped to doing my job. The trainer gave very few stand up and breathe or stretch your leg type breaks so it seemed very monotonous and I feel like our class lost motivation and energy during the day because of this.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake training for previous employees, much less time. Possibly offer a test to gauge their knowledge retention, before putting them through training. Then give them training for what they need. Raise the starting pay after training. Incentivize the trainess with higher pay if they pass the 2 tests during training.

Incredible company!

Draper, UT

ProsJust started the training class and I am excited to start actually doing the work! They empower you to actually help customers.

ConsNone yet because I just started a week ago.

Greatest Community I've Seen At A Work Environment

Draper, UT

ProsThese guys have a thorough hiring process to bring only the best to their team, which creates an intelligent and professional environment which is both fun and inspiring! The managers really are seeking your success- they care what your personality and vision can contribute to the team as well as to your career. Since you're taking care of there customers, they take care of you. From day one, my training group has been well taught, and played as hard as we've worked.

Some perks:
    - Discounts at major retailers
    - Subsidized Meals
    - Flexible Schedules
    - On Site Gym
    - Loads of coaching and development
    - Assistance with School
    - Insurance and more!

ConsOnly a short commute, but they offer work from home options.

Advice to Senior ManagementAs there are many avenues of careers at 1800 Contacts, It'd be great to sit down with a
    Manager to discuss what an employee's individual path might look like and to see what they need to achieve to progress along that path.

I may never leave!!!

Draper, UT

ProsI just started my training as a Service Rep. and I have a feeling I may never want to leave. The staff is out of this world and they know how to take care of their employees by offering friendly service, care, genuine interest and wonderful benefits. It's a great environment and skilled experts teaching you how to become just like them. It's a fabulous company!

ConsI have never heard anything bad about this company, and I truly don't think I ever will. It is such a great working environment, with the "work hard/play hard" mentality. It's a positive atmosphere with no drama, stress or issues, so all in all, there is nothing bad to say about 1-800 CONTACTS.

Advice to Senior ManagementKEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!!! Nothing bad to say about your fabulous team and the company you are running. I feel blessed to have found such a wonderful company to work for, and may just never leave.

Amazing, supportive, friendly, top-notch

Draper, UT

ProsI absolutely love this company. I have worked for other companies and it's nothing like this. They GIVE you full control over your customer's experience. No scripts. No check-lists. It's terrific! I couldn't believe the perks they give to their employees!! They welcome with a full applause when you walk in the door. Never had an entrance like that!!!!

ConsAbsolutely nothing work with this company!!!!!

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep working on making the new employees feel excited and welcomed!! Wonderful applause to new employees!!

From a job to a career

ProsI started working at Contacts in order to pay for school. I fell in love with the culture and the family feel that contacts has and ended up making a career out of it. I graduated school and decided that the grass was greenest right where I was.
    My Pros are : Managment is invested in promoting from within.
    Benefits are great including a gym, subsudized cafeteria, tuition reimbursment, corporate events and more.
    Management trusts people and empowers them to make decisions for themselves.

ConsThere is a lot of talent and you have to be patient at times. Promotions can take a while because of the high competition.
    As a front line associate the work could be somewhat tedious at times. Managers were always pretty good at keeping things fresh and exciting through competitions and incentives.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to be accesible and transparent. We all love the company and want it to succeed and the more info we have, the better we can help the company acheive its goals and vision.

Do you LOVE your job? I do!

Hardworking Employee (Current Employee)
    Draper, UT

ProsI have worked for 1-800 Contacts for roughly 6 years now, and can honestly say that I LOVE my job. Since joining the 1-800 Contacts family, I have had the opportunity to work with so many honest, fun, hardworking people. The culture here at 1-800 Contacts is one that makes you feel, 1.That your employer has your back 2. You will ALWAYS be valued as an individual 3. We practice what we preach 4. That we know when to have fun, and know when its time to get down to business. Between you and me, this is the BEST place to work!

ConsThere seems to be a slack of transparency from upper management at times with changes within departments, and I know that can be unnerving at times for associates.

Advice to Senior Management1-800 Contacts continues to be innovative, and it is because of managements drive to always be evolving and helping our customers. Keep up the good work! You're hardwork does not go unnoticed.

Worked for 1-800 CONTACTS? Contribute to the Community!

1-800 CONTACTS Videos

1-800 CONTACTS – Why Work for Us?

As the world's largest contact lens store®, 1-800 CONTACTS is dedicated to providing you with a simple, hassle-free way to replace your contact lenses. At 1-800 CONTACTS, you will receive the exact same contact lenses… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at 1-800 CONTACTS reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for 1-800 CONTACTS CEO Brian Bethers. All 66 reviews posted anonymously by 1-800 CONTACTS employees.