1-800-Flowers.com

Be The First To
Add Photos

1-800-Flowers.com Chairman and CEO Jim McCann

Jim McCann

Pros:
  • "The best part about the position was that I got to work from home"
    in 28 reviews
  • "The company really wants happy customers, so that makes the customer service position better"
    in 3 reviews
Cons:
  • "low pay and no benefits for seasonal employees"
    in 5 reviews
  • "long holiday hours, you WILL work major holidays, only select state can work from home"
    in 3 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Not bad

Seasonal At Home Agent (Current Employee)

I have been working at 1-800-Flowers.com full-time for less than a year

ProsYou work from home, you can roll out of bed and work

ConsPay is low, a dollar over your state min.

Keep Looking for a better opportunity!

Director (Current Employee)
Carle Place, NY

I have been working at 1-800-Flowers.com full-time for more than 3 years

Pros1. Flowers stays current on marketing trends, so there is room to learn.
2. Occasionally they'll let employees have some floral samples. Summer Fridays - you occasionally can leave at 3:30 PM, if current in your workload and your boss approves.
3. Non- management team members are great, except for some petty behavior in merchandising.

Cons1.Senior management is terrible! OMG - the lies they've told!
2.Promotions are not based on the quality of your work, it's a boy's club.
3.Management in Human Resources turn their back on employees, they are not honest or trustworthy. Unbelievable stories of railroading good team members out and keeping the worst!
4.The quality of 1800Flowers as a company, is not what is used to be - keep looking for a better job unless you are unemployed and continuing to search while you work there. Most people, within the company have their resumes out to other companies, very few people stay long- it is just a stepping stone to a better opportunity.
5. Family run business- it's all about just making money, not building a team!

Advice to Senior ManagementWake up- great employees walk / run out the door everyday and you truly do not care. There are so many unethical people on your staff and you turn your head. Instead of operating a boys club with evening cocktails, you should start running the company and promote qualified people on merit. Clear out your bad VPs that don't work 50% of time!
Your products have become stale - you wasted so much time, money and energy on Bieber (how crazy, he's never paid off), floral arrangements never seem to change, you just spam everyone with the same old emails 5 times a week and call that marketing! Your marketing had a better balance 2 years ago!

It's all about the $$$ for the company.

Customer Service and Sales Representative (Current Employee)

I have been working at 1-800-Flowers.com full-time for more than 5 years

ProsDecent pay for a work at home opportunity. ( no commuting costs). However you do have to provide your own high speed business internet and home or digital phone service.

ConsNo stability. Pay increases are minimal (if any). Work EVERY holiday. Recognition is not fair across the board. They put untrained agents in areas where highly trained agents need to be- causing many more complications. The agents in other call centers from other countries do not have the same guidelines to follow as the American agents do. -They randomly make changes to orders and mess things up, causing the customer more grief and the agent trying to resolve the issue to spend more time fixing it and puts them over in "STATS". Agents are NUMBERS. It's not really about customer service. It's about fulfilling as many orders as can be and "attempt" to fix an issue. It's about looking good on the outside looking in.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your agents on the front line. Give them the support and training needed to actually achieve customer service satisfaction. When things are changed, do it in steps., Don't throw the whole company in a tailspin, leaving agents that worked hard on certain projects on the sidelines and then moving in others that are not properly trained. ANYTIME before moving an agent to another department ensure they have proper training and can perform the tasks needed to be done, rather than having the current agents train them ( after their so called "training"). When bonuses are offered, Figure out how to do it for the whole company. Not just sales or service stats alone. The company moral is the lowest I have ever seen it. Upper Management is leaving left and right. Just look at Linked In profiles of those that used to be in charge.
There was a time when I loved working at this company. It is now at rock bottom as far as taking care of the agents within. If we dare speak up about changes, we are talked down to or the subject gets changed. Managers are not sure of what is to be expected from one week to the next. Seems majority of the US agents just show up, do the basics and leave.

Always Fair

Recorder (Former Employee)
Alamogordo, NM

I worked at 1-800-Flowers.com full-time for more than 8 years

ProsSolid reviews, helpful policies, great team

ConsNone really, great teamwork, great benifits

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work!!

Ambitious

Business Analyst (Current Employee)
Carle Place, NY

I have been working at 1-800-Flowers.com part-time for more than 3 years

Pros- You get to work in the company with a great brand
- The company is undertaking a lot of niche projects

Cons- Lacks work life balance
- Lacks a planning team

Advice to Senior Management- Hire a planning team/ manager

Great Experience

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)
Orlando, FL

I worked at 1-800-Flowers.com as a contractor for more than a year

ProsWork at home.... the people are extremely professional and very nice and I enjoyed every minute workin there

Consit is temporary and they are very up front with you about that

Advice to Senior Managementkeep up the good work

They are a good company to work for if you don't need to make a lot of money

I have been working at 1-800-Flowers.com

ProsThe best part about the position was that I got to work from home

ConsExcessive micro management and little reward for positive performance

Advice to Senior ManagementThe reason that your quality employees do not stay is that you use an accountant's scale to assess the sales people's "performance", rather than showing real appreciation for genuine talent and ability.

Service and Sales Specialist

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee)
Westerville, OH

I have been working at 1-800-Flowers.com part-time for less than a year

ProsWork and training are all done from home which is really convenient. Pay is good it is above minimum wage. You have an opportunity to interact with customers from all over. You get a paycheck bi weekly. Some savings on things from time to time. You learn a lot of systems and get to data entry. It is a professional environment. There are supervisors on duty and tech support available to assist.

ConsMentor can be very rude and unhelpful belittle you for helping customer,their system constantly crashes and the management expects you to keep upset customers on hold the entire time until it comes back up. Angry customers. Rude Mentors. No benefits. The string you along and make you believe they may keep you as a permanent employee but they do not. .If you ask a question the managers treat you like you are an idiot in front of others in the room. You work all holidays. The calls are back to back with few breaks.They constantly change your schedule you are expected to check it daily and it sometimes changes by the hour.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire mentors that Care to help make customer service better.Instead this mentor belittle you for helping customer. Fix your system to where it does not crash. Have realistic expectations. Provide benefits or at least do not string people along. Hire enough people to where the customers are not holding for so long.The mentors often do not even know the answers to what we ask. Provide them with training.There is no communication. We are expected to clean up mentors messes and when a customer asks for supervisor they will not accept call.Offer some benefits and a more predictable schedule.

The worst $9/hr job ever.

Work At Home Sales Representative (Former Employee)

I worked at 1-800-Flowers.com as a contractor for less than a year

ProsPaid training. Work-at-home. Helping people make someone else happy.

ConsLong hours at $9/hr. Technical nightmare. Little support once you are put on the phones. Only contact with any help is through AIM.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo not train for holidays the week before the onslaught. Do not put inexperienced supervisors in charge on inexperienced sales reps. But honest that many, many calls are not sales related, but complaints.

Not a good experience.

Agent (Former Employee)

I worked at 1-800-Flowers.com full-time for less than a year

ProsDecent pay and plenty of hours.

ConsHorrible training, rude management, confusing and outdated system, always crashing, had to get approval from management to change anything or credit anyone's order.

Worked for 1-800-Flowers.com? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at 1-800-Flowers.com reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for 1-800-Flowers.com CEO Jim McCann. All 69 reviews posted anonymously by 1-800-Flowers.com employees.