1 On 1 Academic Tutors Reviews

Good but not great!

Former Employee - Tutor  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Tutor in New York, NY

I worked at 1 On 1 Academic Tutors as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Looked promising, well maintained, having customized positions. The interview was so easy and get hired immediately, Started working on your own.

Cons

Ran out of business and Couldn't be able to revive again,

Good for a part time job during school but wouldn't recommend as full time.

Former Employee - Tutor  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Tutor in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at 1 On 1 Academic Tutors part-time for less than a year

Pros

It is an easy job in which you tutored K-12 students at their house. You chose your hours and days as well as students to tutor. Very flexible and a good part time job while going to school.

Cons

You either met the student at their house of in a public location (such as library) and felt many times as if you were babysitting. They have a curriculum for you to follow which is poorly organized in my opinion as it doesn't help the student in the area in which they are struggling.

Need to change your approach to tutoring students.

Lack Employee Support.

Former Employee - Tutor
    Former Employee - Tutor

I worked at 1 On 1 Academic Tutors as a contractor

Pros

Good Pay - $20hr for those with a graduate degree.

Cons

Administrative team unorganized, and over worked. Never had a positive experience calling in asking for assistance. They accused me of not returning items months after I had quit, and were going to charge me for them. I had fight for weeks with them to not have that happen.

No medical benefits.

Hire more qualified people to run the program.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

It was a Job

Former Employee - Auditor  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Auditor in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at 1 On 1 Academic Tutors full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Lots of great people
    - nice-big office
    - casual environment
    - cool management
    - young vibe

Cons

- Lots of instability
    - Never knew when you would get fired
    - Company closed from one day to the next without notice

Good job very gratifying

Current Employee - Tutor  in  Bronx, NY
    Current Employee - Tutor in Bronx, NY

I have been working at 1 On 1 Academic Tutors full-time for less than a year

Pros

Flexible and I was always provided with students because I was told I was a top tutor.

Cons

No one ever reached out to me to notify me of the upcoming school year. I reached out and sent an email to contact@1on1academictutors.com because I saw a response from them but it came back as a failure. Please 1on1 this is wrong to do this to your tutors, let us know something!!!!! We are stranded without jobs!!!

Better communication with tutors and the CA should be more knowledgeable about certain things. Also there should be a hotline that tutors can call if they have any issues. You can't just shut down and leave us all in the dark.

out of business?

Current Employee - Tutoring  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Tutoring in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at 1 On 1 Academic Tutors part-time for more than a year

Pros

I enjoyed working with the students

Cons

Extremely hard to reach-all numbers are disconnected-all email returned! Just read on here that company is suspending tutoring-however, they fail to notify me and I worked with them for two years

wake up!

Excellent experience with the staff at 1 On 1.

Current Employee - Tutor  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Tutor in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at 1 On 1 Academic Tutors part-time for more than a year

Pros

Friendly, accommodating, bright and genuine employees.
    Great working helping to educate kids who otherwise might not enjoy anything about becoming educated.
    Responsible - payment comes on time always and all around I feel is an excellent company.

Cons

Difficult trying to plan one's schedule around working for as they say they will commence in September but then one finds that the tutoring will be pushed ahead to December. That is 4 months without being able to work. Not certain I understand the reason for this and it has not been explained well.

I have had great contract administrators for sure - I do not think they are aware of what to expect in terms of when the tutoring will commence or not commence. It would be nice to be able to communicate about this but nothing is ever said. You develop a relationship and then all of sudden ti is just gone and that is strange but i guess the co is going through growing pains. not sure.

Worked for 1 On 1 Academic Tutors? Contribute to the Community!