110 Consulting, Inc. Reviews

4.6
HEINRICH MONTANA
1 Rating

1. Great company to work for

I have been working at 110 Consulting, Inc.

Pros

Genuine family like feel and great work environment

Cons

Would like to see the company grow in new markets

2. A great place to contract to Microsoft at.

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Bellevue, WA

I worked at 110 Consulting, Inc. full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

If you like working on the East side as a staff aug role for Microsoft, 110 is a fantastic company. The owners are great folks as well, and although they're in a very cutthroat market (IT talent brokering in the Seattle area), they are always trying to make 110 a good place to work.

Compensation is above normal for the area.
    Health insurance is family-friendly.
    401K available as well, with a %age matching. Holidays and time PTO as well.

Cons

Very small client base, specific groups at Microsoft make up almost all of their clients. Their bread and butter is short-term BI projects. More project managers than technical staff, so projects (when they're gotten) all feel understaffed, or poorly staffed (a BA with an Excel background doing SQL BI work, for example)

No real "consulting" background in the lot of any of the owners, nor any management. They are better staffers than consultants.

Consider making partnerships with specific technologies and developing practices in those technologies. Everyone in a 100 mile radius of your corp headquarters is a "Microsoft Partner", so there's no value there. Find a boutique technology, partner with them, and create a practice out of it.

3. Truly feels like a family that cares

Current Employee - Project Manager in Redmond, WA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Redmond, WA

I have been working at 110 Consulting, Inc. full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Feeling of connection with company even when on-site; level of care for consultants

Cons

Could be more opportunities outside Microsoft

5. Very professional yet feels like a family!

Current Employee - Marketing and Events Program Manager in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Marketing and Events Program Manager in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at 110 Consulting, Inc. full-time (less than a year)

Pros

They take care of you, if you lose your contract for some reason, they will help you to get another contract.
    They constantly have morale events which makes you feel you're part or the company.

Cons

Not a super large company but this could also be a positive aspect.

6. Excellent - Very Professional, Great team.

I have been working at 110 Consulting, Inc. full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Competitive salary, supportive and responsive corp team (that don't drop you into the project and then disappear like many consulting firms), well-connected team members to help with finding the next project.

Cons

No PTO coverage (but comp and bfts are otherwise very good, so still five stars)

Would be great to get a little PTO or have a couple of model to offer PTO or no-PTO options depending on consultant needs.

7. A great place to work!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at 110 Consulting, Inc. full-time (less than a year)

Pros

110 Consulting is a growing IT Consulting company that is focusing on satisying BOTH their clients and employees. They are passionate about their business and recognize that when you do the right thing, it comes back ten-fold!

Cons

Not enough communication about the business. We want to know more about what is happening.

Engage your employees. Communicate with them on a quarterly basis so they get excited about what is happening. They want to know the state of the business, growth plans, project wins, employment opportunities, etc. Getting everyone together for a quarterly meeting creates excitement, camaraderie, etc.

Professional and Work/Life Balance

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at 110 Consulting, Inc.

Pros

I love working at 110 Consulting. My co-workers and bosses are all great people and they work very hard! They trust you to know your job and give you freedom to do it well. They also promote a very healthy work/life balance.

Cons

My complaints are more about consulting in general, not specific to 110. Only thing I can say is that I wish there were more company-wide communications/events/training/etc. to keep us all on the same page and improve knowledge sharing.

Setup a SharePoint site or start producing a monthly newsletter letting us know what's going on at the company, on projects, new people hired, etc. Let us share what we've learned with our co-workers.