1199 National Benefit Fund for Health Services

Be The First To
Add Photos

One of the best Unions in North America

Research Analyst (Current Employee) New York, NY

Pros- Professional HR
    - Best benefit package in the industry
    - Very organized management style
    - Good to work for

Cons- they don't sponsor H1B

Advice to Senior ManagementInitiate comprehensive rewarding system to motivate good - performers

Not A Good Place to work For

Provider Relations/Contracting (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsHealthcare benefits are great, besides that, nothing works in the company.

ConsAbusive managers which bully staff behind closed doors. Most managers and directors don't have management skills. Lack of communication, disrespect, and verbal abuse are among the negative factors working for this company. Contracting Department is the worst department to work for. Their system is very outdated and morale in the whole company is extremely low. Trainings are poor and no much guidance is given. There is also no communication between department. They finger point each other when something goes wrong. No one wants to take accountability for their mistakes and resolve issues.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen and treat your staff with decency and respect in order to build a better working environment. Slavery years are not longer here.

no job growth opportunity

Pros- Good benefits
    - Nice colleagues
    - Flexible work schedule

Cons- No job growth
    - There doesn't seem to be any appreciation for employees
    - New software the company uses doesn't seem to be going well

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Decent place to park your career so you can focus on living.

Project Manager (Former Employee) New York, NY

Pros35-hour work week
    Generous 4-week vacation package,
    Minimal to low-stress environment.
    "Free" health benefits
    Defined pension plan after 5 year vesting period.

ConsMinimal chance for advancement. The vast majority of employees never advance beyond their initial career level. No promotions to management or senior management.
    Below-market pay.
    Highly political as in management will tell you which Democratic candidates you should vote for (Republican candidates are Verboten).

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote from within. Leave politics at the door.

Not a place to strive at

Telecommunications Manager (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsOnly one pro I can honestly say is healthcare is free.

ConsNot a very good place to work. No morale, no opportunities. Its not what you know its who you know.

Advice to Senior ManagementReplace most of upper management. Hire honest people and create some kind of morale.

Information Security

Information Security Analyst (Current Employee) New York, NY

Prosgood place to work. good health care benefits. good pension plan. good work environment. friendly people. next to pabt. great location

Conswork silos. insufficient information security analyst to complete all required department functions. lack of project management skills. some staff lacks required knowlege to complete task and perform job function.

Advice to Senior Managementprovide technical training in some areas. improve salary compensation. enforce accountability. terminate staff that does not meet goals and objectives.

Fair

ProsFree health benefits and child care. Most employee stay around longer then they would like to because of these benefits.

ConsMore Chiefs then Indians. In some cases they have 1 Manager per 1 employee. Bad Middle Management. Good Senior Management, but what does that do if they know about middle management.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't talk down to your employee as you are asking for help.

Worked for 1199 National Benefit Fund for Health Services? Contribute to the Community!