1199 SEIU United Healthcare Workers East

Be The First To
Add Photos

Not yet rated.

4 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

It was awesome and had a lot of fun

Political Organizer (Current Employee)
New York, NY

I have been working at 1199 SEIU United Healthcare Workers East full-time for more than 3 years

ProsIt has a a great atmosphere,great pay,terrific benefits.

ConsNever have enough time with family a lot of work

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work

Typical union environment with laid-back environment

Administrator (Current Employee)
New York, NY

I have been working at 1199 SEIU United Healthcare Workers East part-time for more than 5 years

ProsGreat benefits and lots of vacations.

ConsLaid-back and unorganized working environment. Self management with lack of support from management and other co-workers

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement needs to give workers more advice, motivation, and incentives.

No real appreciation in terms of money

Manager (Current Employee)
New York, NY

ProsVery casual atmosphere. Old timers can get away with working 20-30% of the day and still keep their jobs. This is definitely a family based company with relatives everywhere in the organization. H

ConsOld timers rule the coop. Pay is not in line with the general market. Managers are oblivious. New managers come in with ideas but quickly realize the old timers don't appreciate it. So you simply give up and go with the flow. Low morale, motivation and incentive to make a difference. Nothing is appreciated---my manager never tells me I am doing a good job. Lack of support from staff and managers. It works both ways. Almost feels like a corporate plantation.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop wasting money on gifts and give gifts in the form of money

Relaxed environment, Cool people

Administrative Assistant (Current Employee)
New York, NY

I have been working at 1199 SEIU United Healthcare Workers East full-time for more than a year

ProsA very casual dress code, not that much pressure from management. As long as you do your job you are safe. They have pension and great health benefits. Also most holidays are given off on top of vacation, sick, and personal time.

ConsSalary range is not the great since it is a non profit. Also no bonuses hinder employee satisfaction.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive regular positive feedback to employees to keep morale high.

Worked for 1199 SEIU United Healthcare Workers East? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at 1199 SEIU United Healthcare Workers East reviews and ratings in New York, NY. All reviews posted anonymously by 1199 SEIU United Healthcare Workers East employees.