180 Medical

3.7

Todd Brown

I Love My Job!

I have been working at 180 Medical full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I sincerely enjoy coming to work each day. The environment is upbeat and positive. Our hard work is constantly rewarded with gift cards, food, giveaways, etc... 180 Medical offers great benefits and will guide you in any direction you wish to go. During reviews with management they will ask you what your future goals are with 180 Medical and help guide you in that direction. Promotions are always offered to internal candidates before being offered to external candidates. Work hard and you will be rewarded.

Cons

180 Medical has hundreds of employees and cannot make everyone happy, but I have seen with my own eyes how hard they try to accommodate everyone's wishes within reason.

I have worked under quite a few of the managers here and I think they are all doing a great job. Just continue to develop and grow.

Untapped Potential

I have been working at 180 Medical full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Amazing benefits package, generally friendly and fun corporate culture, relaxed dress code, perks (food and drinks, gift cards, giveaways), on-site gym. A company who really seems care about their employees' well being.

Cons

The company is growing so quickly that it almost seems like management is having a hard time keeping up. Along those lines, it seems like executives have "bitten off more than they can chew" and expect everyone from middle management downward to pick up the additional workload for little recognition.

Sometimes it can feel as if my hard work is only being rewarded with lip service, rather than legitimate incentives or bonuses. I think there would be a higher employee retention rate if individuals' positions were catered toward their unique skills, rather than trying to have their skills catered to their position. It can feel as if I've been placed in a "box" and the work can become monotonous that way.

Extremely bad management

I have been working at 180 Medical full-time (more than an year)

Pros

the concept to serve other is great with excellent customer service

Cons

The people who are managing this company are run by a bunch of micro managers. if they do not like you, you have no chance at all. If you speak up you will be eliminated from the company. If you do not fit into their box, they will try to shape and mold you or get fired. We have lost so many great employees. They only keep employees who work to get by everyday and the one who works extra with no recognition or compensation at all, yet still expect above and beyond performances. Definitely feel like a robot with maximum watch from the supervisors.

Change management team and listen to the employees dissatisfaction. Start treating the employees as an individual and not a robot.

good founder poor management and unethical bullying goes on employees are afraid for their jobs or to stand up.

I worked at 180 Medical full-time

Pros

Founder truly cares for his employees

Cons

MANAGEMENT!they are unethical people half of them most likely created the reviews on here. if they dont like you or you standup to their bullying and unethical behavior they will pick on you until you are gone or fire you and HR enables this

Clean house.its not the team leaders that are the problem you have lost many good employees because of the two female managers. this isnt high school. Im surprised they havent been sued yet!

All-star organization

I have been working at 180 Medical full-time

Pros

Unparallelled growth in 10+ years of company history. Strong leadership team that has been with organization for majority of growth to include founder and CEO still leading the company. Relaxed atmosphere, free breakfast, gym, incentives, and gift cards for hitting goals. Fast paced environment where excellence is demanded.

Cons

Not a lot to say here. Since customers need medical supplies all over the country, the company doors have to stay open when other local business might shut down due to bad weather.

Continue doing what you have been. Don't forget to keep the "small company" type feel.

Room for improvement

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at 180 Medical full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The company focuses on helping customers/patients with their personal medical supply needs in a sensitive and courteous manner. The patients appreciate the care and concern in improving their quality of life. Starting pay is more than average base pay in a comparable job for this area.

Cons

There are a lot of inconsistencies across the board. For example, if you have a friend on the inside, there is not a higher education requirement. Unfortunately, if you don't, then you will need a Bachelor's degree at minimum. This creates an environment that mostly operates by favoritism. The same applies for employee retention and appreciation by management. Those not favored do not feel valued and many good people leave.

Adopting an ethical practice of equal and fair treatment for all employees, regardless of friendships or alliances, would improve employee morale and self-worth. Having integrity in senior management, consistency and equality based on performance and dedication would also make a significant impact. Upholding confidentiality would go a long way in building trust and mutual respect from your employees.

interview

I have been working at 180 Medical

Pros

great company, love the website as a customer

Cons

unsure, communication lacks. when I was told by email that other applicants were more qualified than me, I asked what qualifications are you looking for, no reply was sent back.

Should respond to emails to interviewers that are trying to learn to improve on their interviewing skill.

Current Employee

I have been working at 180 Medical full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

180 Medical is truly the best company I have ever worked for. The company has a very positive and fun environment. They genuinely care about the customers and employees. They do a lot to give back to the employees and to maintain a great company culture. They have great benefits, casual work attire, a gym, continental breakfast provided all week long and many other perks for the staff. They also give back to the community. There is definitely growth potential for someone looking for a long term career.

Cons

The company is growing so fast and at times it can feel too fast to keep up with but they always find a way to make it work. I am ready for the company to all be in one building again. Overall, I don't have many cons I can think of.

As the company continues to grow I think it is very important to keep the open communication with the employees and to continue to include them in any decisions they can be a part of.

Turning Lives Around

I have been working at 180 Medical full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

As you can read in some of these other reviews, 180 Medical is a great company all around. Everyone becomes like a second family. We are all close and we all work hard as well as play hard. We do what we love and love what we do. Our company notices the hard work and rewards you every week with great incentives up to $25 dollar gift cards/gas cards and/or lunch. Not to mention getting ice cream trucks, or breakfast or cupcakes catered in for a Fun Friday! There is great growth and job opportunity here and we are always looking to hire on great people.

Cons

With us growing it is hard to keep the small company feel and keep us so close knit like we use to be. The company works its hardest on keeping us together but you will run into that kind of situation with any growing company. So its a common "con" but our company takes notices and strives to make things better.

Management knows what they are doing and they see the big picture others may not. They use good judgement and always look out for their employee's. I have had no issue with management and I enjoy working with our managers.

My experience at 180 Medical has been an amazing one.

I have been working at 180 Medical full-time

Pros

Some of the specific pros are amazing culture, great teamwork, joyful and encouraging staff, weekly incentives and catered treats for hitting goals, amazing company sponsored events, two on site gyms, impressive benefit package at zero cost to the employee, free continental breakfast, and a mindset that is centered around helping others and making a difference in the lives of those that we service. It is not common that you come across companies like 180 Medical. The culture that they have created stands above the rest. They not only "spoil" their employee's but they work hard to create an atmosphere that encourages helping others and making a difference in people's lives. At 180, it's not all about making a lot of money but rather what can we do to change someone's life. Our CEO always says that if we take care of our patients then everything else will fall into place. That has proven to be a successful philosophy.

Cons

I truly love 180 Medical and appreciate all that they offer to me as an employee. I will say that I feel the award system could be improved. I do feel that it caters a lot to those that specifically work in customer service or sales. I think that can be discouraging for employee's that don't work in that specific area. I think it is important that all employee's and all departments see their worth. I feel there should be more balance in the award system so that it's not so centered towards the client service or sales team but rather the company as a whole.

As mentioned above, I think it would be beneficial to be more creative in how you can recognize everyone in the company. The reality is that employee's need that from time to time, no matter what job title they have. If we want the employee's to stay driven, we must show them that they are successful and appreciated. On the other hand, I do want to compliment our HR department and our management team. They work hard to create a great place for all of us to work. We are very fortunate to have all that we do and I hope that none of us ever takes that for granted.