1919, Inc.

1919, Inc. Reviews in Rockville, MD

2.5

Gene-Christian Baca

2 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Loved the people, but didn't make enough money for the expenses (gas, etc) the job included

Current Employee - Leader in Rockville, MD
    Current Employee - Leader in Rockville, MD

I have been working at 1919, Inc. full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The people that work there are great. That said, the people that I worked with may be a different group that will work there in a few months time. There is a high turnover rate due to the inconstant commission pay. You can opt for the base pay of $450/week. But you have to be on bell 4 out of 5 days (in which case, you would make more just earning commissions). They do not have a cap though so I know some people that were more experienced earned up to $1000 in a week.
    Gene, 1919 Inc.'s owner, keeps the office atmosphere fun while keeping it professional. In the short time that I worked there I felt like I learned a lot.

Cons

Commission base pay. So you could work 10-11 hours a day and still not make any money if you don't sell. Although there are phases of promotions, D2d sales is essentially what you will be doing. Fairly long hours. Usually people are promoted to leadership when they meet the standards within the first month of working there. Leaders have to arrive at 7:45am and rarely left before 6:30pm.
    Does not pay for food or gas while traveling for work.

n/a

promising sounding, but not in actuality...

Former Employee - Sales Representative, Entry Level in Rockville, MD
    Former Employee - Sales Representative, Entry Level in Rockville, MD

I worked at 1919, Inc.

Pros

very positive work environment, upbeat and young staff, organized in daily activities, very quick opportunity for advancement in learning to interview and train others, great place to begin sales either d2d or b2b

Cons

pyramid company, bonuses are only given when entire office gets bonus, eligibility for bonuses begins 6 weeks after hire, solely commission based, expected to pay expenses during business trip and told to write it off on taxes, due to these things - high turnover

management does not seem to value employees' time enough. there should be individual bonuses instead of those that rely on the entire office meeting their goals.