1E Reviews

36 reviews filtered by
3.5
Sumir Karayi

Best job I've ever had

I have been working at 1E full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Been here more than 5 years after a number of IT related positions over a long career. This is by far the most interesting, exciting and rewarding position in my career. The spirit of "community" cannot be overstated.

Cons

Vertical mobility/growth opportunities could be better. Compensation (bonus) policy is sometimes inconsistent.

Don't forget to look closely at all existing resources as new opportunities arise.

Poorly Managed, Chaotic & Hostile Environment, High Turnover

I have been working at 1E

Pros

- some of the staff are quite friendly and fun to be around during the day
    - a free stocked kitchen and really nice benefits package are nice perks

Cons

- constant employee churn means staff are always so anxious that they are next to be axed. one day we're told we are the best in the business and then on another day multiple people are fired.
    - it appears that management and human resources have no interest in resolving conflicts and would rather just eliminate any person who seems to be stirring the pot or looking for help with an issue.
    - management is extremely volatile and big changes are implemented regularly and without warning or communication. seems like the company is run based on the CEO's mood/feelings rather than what's right for the direction of the business. changes have been ineffective and bad for company morale
    - very political environment where promotions are given to people who boost manager's egos
    - unspoken expectations are set for people and there is very little training available

- listen to the staff's concerns instead of just removing them from the company
    - bring in more experienced executive management

Great Benees challenging work environment.

I worked at 1E full-time

Pros

1E takes care of their people great 401K package, generous vaca policy, and top rate health, dental, vision, etc.

Cons

Not really fun place to work, some people have it really good and thrive others find it challenging because of the nature of a changing market in this space management has to switch gears a lot and with that comes a revolving door especially on the sales side. During my time there the culture of partying and drinking was totally celebrated. If you enjoy drinking in excess with co workers and celebrating w/ hangovers the next day this is the place for you! Many people do love this so for some that is a great benefit. Oddly enough the work environment is stifling, conservative, and rigid.

Find a way to manage and train employees through the constant change only let go of people as absolutely necessary. is it the person that needs to be let go or is there a change management problem? Find ways to make the work environment more accepting and open to opinions from everyone. There is potential here and the benefits are great, just need to be inclusive of making space for all employees voices to be heard. For office staff Treat people like adults and they will act like adults stop assuming everyone needs to be shackled down to a desk to be productive, rigid rules and schedules are NOT going to make people more productive.

A Hot Mess

Former Employee - Sales in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Sales in New York, NY

I worked at 1E full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Pay is on par with industry standards
    There are some genuinely good people within 1E

Cons

The CEO ... more interested in people telling him 'Yes' than hearing alternative viewpoints.
    USA management team has no ability to make independent decisions.
    Decisions are centralized with 2 UK individuals (President and CEO)
    Sales can clearly see the rift widening between USA management and CEO
    Constant employee turnover, both executive and non.
    Constant state of rumors abound, who's next to leave or be chopped
    1E products are not disruptive and customers can build their own solution

Split the company into 2 independent entities.. USA and UK. 1E will never dominate the USA marketplace micromanaged out of a distant London suburb.

6. Extremely satisfied would love to work there full time

Former Intern - Software Engineer
    Former Intern - Software Engineer

I worked at 1E as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Amazing place to work, people are extremely friendly and there is a great work ethic. Everyone at this firm is supportive and help is always just around the corner. Anyone would love to work at such a company.

Cons

None, personally I did not face any problems working there.

7. Exciting place..solid people, positive environment

Current Employee - Account Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Account Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at 1E full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Solutions are unique with measurable value for clients
    People are smart, motivated and eager to help
    Outstanding F500 client reference list

Cons

Fast-growth company requires entrepreneurial personality from employees..no hand-holding

8. 1E is a wonderful place to work with and be surrounded by the best in the industry. Fun and intelligence are everyday.

Current Employee - Pre-Sales Solutions Engineer
    Current Employee - Pre-Sales Solutions Engineer

I have been working at 1E full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

This is the first company that I have been associated as a customer first and later as an employ of over 5 years where everyone is driven, motivated, inspired, and having fun. People work hard and with minimal middle management you have a clear voice to always making the company better. Also with minimal middle management those who are not the right fit cannot hide behind office politics. Even though it hurts to every let anyone go... if they are not a fit then a change must be made.

The products produced by 1E are so far ahead of the game. It is truly remarkable that so many features and products in the Enterprise domain all found an intelligent, automated, repeatable, and efficient home. Microsoft frequently, publicly calls 1E best of breed. And of course mimic is the best form of flattery.

The consultancy team is second to none. They are the most involved in the community and constantly speaking at conferences, training programs, and in the news. Do a search, not only is this encouraged but the opportunities to shine abound.

The last item that I will take time to write now, the culture. WOW. When you are surrounded by performing people who love to have fun and are passionate about what they are doing makes it such a pleasure to meet, eat, and have fun with. I have never seen people so happy just to be in the same room. The charitable giving is encouraged all the time. Everything from sponsoring orphanages to any idea brought up by an employee. Always for the greater good.

Cons

As the employees are motivated, intelligent and passionate, this is a company that challenge your work life balance. Even so, it is always an ask and never a demand. As such it forces you to grow to be able to set your boundaries. On the upside they reward dedication and hardwork.

As I mentioned in the pros - minimal middle management means there is no where to hide. Which sometimes can lead to those who have not yet developed their careers to a level of a self starting motivated individual to get dispirited.

The management team is dynamic and mixed which always leads to the best solutions. As a suggestion I would attempt to make more clear the vision of the company. Recent communication improvements have done amazing amount to provide a clear direction and even faster growth and larger success.

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on life at 1E,

We're thrilled that your view of the 1E Community matches our own. We want employees who are driven, motivated, skilled, social, and
    ... More

9. Fantastic young, energetic, growing company in an expanding IT sector.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at 1E full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great people and corporate culture, tons of subject matter experts in Microsoft technologies, adequate pay, amazing benefits (though admittedly less than what our UK counterparts get). If you do your job well and make a name for yourself, sky's the limit.

Cons

Sometimes management in the UK forgets that we don't get as many government benefits in the US, and that people over here expect hard work to be rewarded with pay raises, promotions, and sizable (not cursory) bonuses. Marketing department has been non-existent.

As the company grows, the structures of various departments need to adapt and also provide promotion opportunities to loyal, hardworking employees who have stuck it out through the difficult times, not just cursory bonuses with a promise of something better at the next review every single time. Also, get your act in gear with marketing! 1E should be a household name by now in the UK and US, certainly amongst the technorati.

Sep 4, 2013Human Resources Manager

Thank you for your honest feedback.

We believe we have the best employees in the business, and we’re thrilled that you agree. We think Community is a vitally important part of what makes a

Good Products, Terrible leadership and execution

Former Employee - Sales in Honolulu, HI
    Former Employee - Sales in Honolulu, HI

I worked at 1E full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Pay on par
    Products are good
    Customer facing people are quality folks as is most of product management

Cons

It's a little ironic that the CEO preaches 1E sunshine when the entire company has a black cloud over it.
    CEO runs it as his baby. His way or the highway
    Can't get out of neutral. Same or less revenue for how many years now?
    Unbelievable revolving door at the executive level
    Certain executives are untouchable, have been there since the beginning. Wonder why there is a problem with execution?

Buy out CEO if your serious about succeeding or make him Chief Product Officer. Get someone in there with a proven track record of taking companies to the next level. What do you want to be when you grow up? It's way past time to decide.

Sep 4, 2013Human Resources Manager

We’re grateful for your review, and your honest feedback.

We’re very proud of both our products, which are widely recognised as industry-leading, and our staff, who we must agree are “quality

Sales Leader

Current Employee - Sales in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sales in New York, NY

I have been working at 1E full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Nice people in the trenches
    Pay is on par with industry standards

Cons

Poor executive leadership (there is no "Sunshine" at 1E)
    Very political
    Little to no communication
    Hostile work environment
    All over the place (many fire drills for no reason)
    No marketing assistance what so ever (marketing was sacked two times in 6 months)
    15 year old software company still under 40 Million... hmmm...

Get your act together especially at C Level

Sep 4, 2013Human Resources Manager

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review.

We are very focussed on bringing Sunshine to the 1E Community. This year the Sunday Times ranked us in their 100 Best Small Companies to Work

1E Photos