1E

www.1e.com

1E Reviews

Updated Jul 7, 2014
1E – London – “London Reception 1st Floor West Wing”

1E – London – “London Reception 1st Floor West Wing”

Sumir Karayi

Best job I've ever had

ProsBeen here more than 5 years after a number of IT related positions over a long career. This is by far the most interesting, exciting and rewarding position in my career. The spirit of "community" cannot be overstated.

ConsVertical mobility/growth opportunities could be better. Compensation (bonus) policy is sometimes inconsistent.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't forget to look closely at all existing resources as new opportunities arise.

A Hot Mess

Sales (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsPay is on par with industry standards
    There are some genuinely good people within 1E

ConsThe CEO ... more interested in people telling him 'Yes' than hearing alternative viewpoints.
    USA management team has no ability to make independent decisions.
    Decisions are centralized with 2 UK individuals (President and CEO)
    Sales can clearly see the rift widening between USA management and CEO
    Constant employee turnover, both executive and non.
    Constant state of rumors abound, who's next to leave or be chopped
    1E products are not disruptive and customers can build their own solution

Advice to Senior ManagementSplit the company into 2 independent entities.. USA and UK. 1E will never dominate the USA marketplace micromanaged out of a distant London suburb.

Extremely satisfied would love to work there full time

Software Engineer (Former Employee)

ProsAmazing place to work, people are extremely friendly and there is a great work ethic. Everyone at this firm is supportive and help is always just around the corner. Anyone would love to work at such a company.

ConsNone, personally I did not face any problems working there.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Exciting place..solid people, positive environment

Account Manager (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsSolutions are unique with measurable value for clients
    People are smart, motivated and eager to help
    Outstanding F500 client reference list

ConsFast-growth company requires entrepreneurial personality from employees..no hand-holding

1E is a wonderful place to work with and be surrounded by the best in the industry. Fun and intelligence are everyday.

Pre-Sales Solutions Engineer (Current Employee)

ProsThis is the first company that I have been associated as a customer first and later as an employ of over 5 years where everyone is driven, motivated, inspired, and having fun. People work hard and with minimal middle management you have a clear voice to always making the company better. Also with minimal middle management those who are not the right fit cannot hide behind office politics. Even though it hurts to every let anyone go... if they are not a fit then a change must be made.

The products produced by 1E are so far ahead of the game. It is truly remarkable that so many features and products in the Enterprise domain all found an intelligent, automated, repeatable, and efficient home. Microsoft frequently, publicly calls 1E best of breed. And of course mimic is the best form of flattery.

The consultancy team is second to none. They are the most involved in the community and constantly speaking at conferences, training programs, and in the news. Do a search, not only is this encouraged but the opportunities to shine abound.

The last item that I will take time to write now, the culture. WOW. When you are surrounded by performing people who love to have fun and are passionate about what they are doing makes it such a pleasure to meet, eat, and have fun with. I have never seen people so happy just to be in the same room. The charitable giving is encouraged all the time. Everything from sponsoring orphanages to any idea brought up by an employee. Always for the greater good.

ConsAs the employees are motivated, intelligent and passionate, this is a company that challenge your work life balance. Even so, it is always an ask and never a demand. As such it forces you to grow to be able to set your boundaries. On the upside they reward dedication and hardwork.

As I mentioned in the pros - minimal middle management means there is no where to hide. Which sometimes can lead to those who have not yet developed their careers to a level of a self starting motivated individual to get dispirited.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe management team is dynamic and mixed which always leads to the best solutions. As a suggestion I would attempt to make more clear the vision of the company. Recent communication improvements have done amazing amount to provide a clear direction and even faster growth and larger success.

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on life at 1E,

We're thrilled that your view of the 1E Community matches our own. We want employees who are driven, motivated, skilled, social, and
    ... More

Fantastic young, energetic, growing company in an expanding IT sector.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsGreat people and corporate culture, tons of subject matter experts in Microsoft technologies, adequate pay, amazing benefits (though admittedly less than what our UK counterparts get). If you do your job well and make a name for yourself, sky's the limit.

ConsSometimes management in the UK forgets that we don't get as many government benefits in the US, and that people over here expect hard work to be rewarded with pay raises, promotions, and sizable (not cursory) bonuses. Marketing department has been non-existent.

Advice to Senior ManagementAs the company grows, the structures of various departments need to adapt and also provide promotion opportunities to loyal, hardworking employees who have stuck it out through the difficult times, not just cursory bonuses with a promise of something better at the next review every single time. Also, get your act in gear with marketing! 1E should be a household name by now in the UK and US, certainly amongst the technorati.

Sep 4, 2013Human Resources Manager

Thank you for your honest feedback.

We believe we have the best employees in the business, and we’re thrilled that you agree. We think Community is a vitally important part of what makes a

Good Products, Terrible leadership and execution

Sales (Former Employee) Honolulu, HI

ProsPay on par
    Products are good
    Customer facing people are quality folks as is most of product management

ConsIt's a little ironic that the CEO preaches 1E sunshine when the entire company has a black cloud over it.
    CEO runs it as his baby. His way or the highway
    Can't get out of neutral. Same or less revenue for how many years now?
    Unbelievable revolving door at the executive level
    Certain executives are untouchable, have been there since the beginning. Wonder why there is a problem with execution?

Advice to Senior ManagementBuy out CEO if your serious about succeeding or make him Chief Product Officer. Get someone in there with a proven track record of taking companies to the next level. What do you want to be when you grow up? It's way past time to decide.

Sep 4, 2013Human Resources Manager

We’re grateful for your review, and your honest feedback.

We’re very proud of both our products, which are widely recognised as industry-leading, and our staff, who we must agree are “quality

Sales Leader

Sales (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsNice people in the trenches
    Pay is on par with industry standards

ConsPoor executive leadership (there is no "Sunshine" at 1E)
    Very political
    Little to no communication
    Hostile work environment
    All over the place (many fire drills for no reason)
    No marketing assistance what so ever (marketing was sacked two times in 6 months)
    15 year old software company still under 40 Million... hmmm...

Advice to Senior ManagementGet your act together especially at C Level

Sep 4, 2013Human Resources Manager

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review.

We are very focussed on bringing Sunshine to the 1E Community. This year the Sunday Times ranked us in their 100 Best Small Companies to Work

Nice Place

Customer Success (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsPay is on level with other companies- fun company to work for

ConsHigh turn over rate at this company

Sep 4, 2013Human Resources Manager

Many thanks for your feedback on life at 1E.

We’re thrilled that you enjoyed your time with us. It is much easier to submit a review on anything when you’ve had a negative experience, so that you
    ... More

Great company to work for, good people and leading technology

Software Engineer (Current Employee) London, England (UK)

Pros1E is very exciting for me. The company is going through lots of changes which is necessary part of growth and I am excited to be in a company that is growing! The technology we are working on is leading in our sector. the people are great and the social life at work even better.

ConsSome people are struggling with the changes we are going through. The company could improve the way it communicates but I think this is part of the development we are going through and it is improving.

Advice to Senior ManagementGreat benefits in place! we need to develop the way we communicate.

Worked for 1E? Contribute to the Community!