1NW Contact
www.1nwcontact.com Thousand Oaks, CA 50 to 149 Employees

1NW Contact Reviews

Updated Jun 12, 2014
1NW Contact – Thousand Oaks – “Photo of 223 E Thousand Oaks Blvd. Suite 222 1NW…”

Leonard M. Linton

Work from home

INbound Agent (Current Employee)
    Omaha, NE

ProsWorking from home. Don't have to worry about gas, traffic, lunch, etc. Military wife, so this a good job that can travel with me. I have applied and been interviewed for a lot of work from home positions. Most of them pay by the talk time or per call. This job pay $10/hr while you wait for calls or while on calls. If you work your assigned 40 hrs you'll get paid $400. No taxes come out of check. You can gain a lot overtime. I get emails everyday about them needing people on the line for extra time. Staff is friendly. They promote within. I have been hearing some supervisors saying they were promoted six months to a year after starting.Good for someone who likes to work slowly in the caller center environment. You are working with mostly older people on medicare, some of which have a heard time hearing or talk slow themselves. I can get any where from 20-30 calls a day, which is not bad. calls can take anywhere from 10-20 mins to complete.

ConsPaper checks only no direct deposit. Training was 3 days unpaid, now it is 4 days unpaid and for 8 hrs a day! I worked for this company for a month and then left. I decided to go back a couple months later, which wasn't easy to get back on like it was the first time. A lot of things changed in three months. There wasn't any background checks at one point, now you have to pay $30 for background, which you can get back after 6 months of employment. Now 30% of your calls need to be leads. This is hard because ppl call in with the wrong number, ppl dont have the proper insurance, and some ppl are transferred to you who dont even have an interest! You need to read from five different scripts on the RBS campaign. When I first started at the company 90% of the leads went through, now other reps are cold calling ppl who never even had an interest in a product or seen a commercial. Inbound takes all the heat for the cold calling that outbound does. You can't change your schedule until after 30 days. All times work on PST time which is a pain for EST ppl. There is only one day shift 6-3pm PST time - 9am - 6 pm est ..You still will have to put your children in daycare just like you would any job. No overtime pay for doing overtime, just regular pay. Training covers a lot of information that you can gain over time and wont be using right away.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt is 2014 and time to get some direct deposit going. If you are now charging for background checks, you should start paying for 32 hours of training. More hours should be available, like 7-3.

micro managed to the hilt

RBS Agent-independent Contactor (Current Employee)

Prossteady work, work hours are good

ConsThe company needs to have direct deposit , they penalize you for data entering their work..or researching

Advice to Senior ManagementGet Direct deposit , do not penalize your contractors for data entry 3. minutes is to short of a time to data enter.....if you want accuracy Your managers need not to brow beat people into submission.

Comfortable

Destin, FL

ProsEasy work. I have a good supervisor who is pleasant, understanding, professional, and provides great training and tips. He makes you feel comfortable and like you are part of a team.

I have always received my check on time even though its mailed; none of my checks have bounced and I have worked for this company for about 6 months.
    There are always additional hours available to work outside of your scheduled shift.

ConsIt is hard to dispute hours that may not be accurate on your paycheck. My first paycheck was short a couple of hours, I did dispute it with accounting and was never granted the hours that I worked. I let it ride, but I just don't expect to get any reimbursements if my check happens not to be short. I have not had any incidents since the first one.

Advice to Senior ManagementDirect Deposit

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Cheated out of pay.

Home Agent (Current Employee)
    Lakewood, CA

ProsAbility to work from home.

ConsWorked only 12 hours after 4 days of unpaid training before I quit. Received pay for less than 4 hours -- not 12! I have e-mailed and called numerous times over the past 2 months. They act like the cannot find my records. I have given dates and times which can be confirmed with the trainer and supervisor. Worked with trainer and introduced to supervisor on first day workday (8hrs) -- worked with supervisor on 2nd day I worked which was a half-day (4hours). I quit because I was told leads were "warm" and I was calling people who had inquired about services -- NOT! I was told to quit calling by numerous people and I was cursed out twice!

Advice to Senior ManagementDevelop some ethics! It works out better in the long run.

Comfortable

Lead Generator (Current Employee)
    Los Angeles, CA

ProsI enjoy working from home, weekly paychecks that DONT bounce!

ConsEveryone is paid the same

Advice to Senior ManagementAdd some incentives like higher pay if you work harder

They are legit but pay is slow.

Independent Contractor (Former Employee)
    Thousand Oaks, CA

ProsGood shifts. Okay pay per hour.

ConsSlow pay and unorganized management.

Advice to Senior ManagementEmployees will endure a lot, but as Independent Contractors we run businesses and need to be paid on time every time. I had researched and read of many other previous and current folks saying that the pay was not on time, or would be delayed, but I took it upon myself to find out on my own. Waiting 3 weeks for your first invoice and pay is one thing, but always being 3 weeks behind is unacceptable. When you depart from this company you will be owed 3 checks because they pay every week, but always 3 weeks behind. The work was not hard, but sitting in chat seeing others share that they were not getting paid on time sometimes getting their pay almost a week late was not something that I was willing to endure, so I got out I have not received any pay yet it was not time for my invoice to be processed. It takes 3 weeks to get your first invoice for one week of work. Then you receive the next weeks invoice for one week of pay and so on throughout your contract.

Wonderful Experience especially if you are new to working at home

INbound Agent (Current Employee)
    Baton Rouge, LA

ProsNo Commute, Schedule your own time, Weekly paychecks, Excellent training

ConsThey are no cons with this company

Advice to Senior ManagementDirect Deposit

Management

Phone Operator (Former Employee)

ProsThe ability to set your work hours and days.

ConsExtremely bad organizational skills from managers.

Advice to Senior ManagementGET NEW MANAGERS GET RID OF HOLMES. When hes In a bad mood he will sit and target one person of the group and make it all their fault of his unorganized structure. (ex) not having a hotels address in the script while you're forced to do two locations at once one location has an address the other does not. A consumer wants to know the address a head of time so they know how far of a drive it is and if they can make it!

This job is miserable

RBS Agent-independent Contactor (Current Employee)

Proswork at home, set schedule

Consreading a script. illiterate supervisors. PAPER CHECKS! you don't get your first paycheck for a month and since it's a paper check, you miss your paycheck during busy mail times, like Christmas. This job is not for someone who wants a challenge.

Advice to Senior Managementunderstand this this job is miserable. It's mindless work. and its 2014, get direct deposit already! Offer more positive feedback.

Bad Checks, No checks, Unprofessional, Scammy

Outbound Customer Service (Former Employee)
    Frankfort, KY

ProsNothing, really. I think they are unprofessional

ConsI wanted some extra money while I was looking for work in my field. I figured a stay at home job making 10.00 an hour would be a good deal. Let me say, the first check I got which was small got to me in 3 business days. The second...it took nearly two full weeks. That check came back as bounced. Supposedly the company "cancelled" the check the day I deposited it, and is sending me a new one. Yet, they don't put tracking or confirmation numbers on their mail and with their history I have just filed a complaint with the labor board and have notified my county attorney of a bad check, to which they are saying give them 10 days to see if I get a replacement that will not bounce. They cancelled the check because I had complained my original check didn't come and had told them I turned them into the labor board (which I did). However, communication is horrible and this debacle should have never happened if management were responsible and ethical to begin with. I still am not sure they sent a new check....but we'll see. If not, they will be reported to the county attorney in Ventura County. ;

They will not pay you for training, which is really stupid but hey, it is a work at home job, not a career. They hire you as a contractor. BEWARE. I have been an independent contractor in the past, the perks are that you can set you own hours within reason and you can take any day off within reason as long as you get your work done. Well, not with this company. See, they make you work 90% of your shift. Since you aren't paid for breaks, your breaks put you at 90%. So if you ask for even one day off...they can fire you. So they really aren't hiring contractors, but they say they are, so they can skirt the tax laws. Technically they can get away with it, but it's still scammy.

The people you will work with seem more professional than the HR or managers. So, this job is a crap shoot. Be prepared to fight for your money and I wouldn't do this if you rely on it as your sole income. Just do it for "extra" money at your own risk. Thankfully I have the money to do without these paychecks, and their insufficient funds didn't put my account in the negative since I knew not to try to use that money until it cleared anyway.

If you get a check....cash it, don't deposit it.

RBS Campaign...don't do it if you value honesty and don't want to scam old people out of money. Because it is a total scam. You will take orders for a few medical device companies, one of which has been brought up on congressional charges for medicare fraud. Who wants to work for people who make an earning scamming tax payers and elderly people? The scripts are insulting to the intelligence of the callers too. If you work for these people, you better be smart and on your toes, or you'll get ripped off.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

Worked for 1NW Contact? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at 1NW Contact reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for 1NW Contact CEO Leonard M. Linton . All 28 reviews posted anonymously by 1NW Contact employees.