1NW Contact Reviews

Great Company

Current Employee - College Search Advisor  in  Norcross, GA
    Current Employee - College Search Advisor in Norcross, GA

I have been working at 1NW Contact as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

The best part of the company is they value their employees. The company wants to keep who they hire and will work with you to make sure (if possible) that will happen. The company will allow people to work more hours so it is possible to reach 40 hrs a week.
    Since it is a work at home job one does save money and time getting back and forth to work. They will pay for your time if you need coaching.
    As an independent contractor the employee is responsible for keeping track of their own time. Such as logging into available ready, manager time for meetings. If you are not logged in on either one of those then there is no way the company has you logged in working. So you will not be paid. All this information comes in writing and oral form.

Cons

I was told many times by phone, email, and a form I had to sign; stating that the first week of training is non-paid. I was also informed during training and countless times that it takes 3 weeks to receive the first paycheck. When there is an error on your check you do have a person to email, who then has to contact the company they use for payroll. One of my invoices showed that I worked 11 hours one week, so I contact the person who emails us our invoices. I also check the five9 and edsoup system to make sure their was not a glitch and it did show I worked about 32 hrs that week. When my check came I did receive the full amount of my paid time. People have to remember you don't get paid with 1NW Contact when you don't work. If you are being coached on additional training there is a certain way you have to log in. If you don't log in then there is no proof of work nor additional training and that you were in meetings.
    The only problem I have is no direct deposit, but working with 1NW Contact makes this issue seem unimportant. It is worth not having direct deposit to stay with 1NW Contact. The supervisor for Edsoup is so amazing it like having a best friend who is on your side with you having to do nothing to earn it.q

Keep up the great work , I feel like a valued employee.

My experience was very good, but I needed a job with better social skills and benefits if possible.

Former Employee - Custormer Service  in  Thousand Oaks, CA
    Former Employee - Custormer Service in Thousand Oaks, CA

I worked at 1NW Contact as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

I actually enjoyed meeting new people all over the world with a lot of the same similarities as my self.

Cons

The only thing that I didn't like too much about this job is the fact that it wasn't beneficiary to me in the long run.

My advice to their management is to choose more wisely about who are your supervisors. They should always remain respectful to others and understanding as well.

My experience here has been ok so far; I'm satisfied as of now.

Current Employee - Call Center Agent  in  Thousand Oaks, CA
    Current Employee - Call Center Agent in Thousand Oaks, CA

I have been working at 1NW Contact part-time for less than a year

Pros

It is a very fun virtual call center environment, especially when youre getting alot of calls. Great supervisors.

Cons

You dont get paid until about 2-3 weeks after your first day; That can be a drag.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

This company is a scam

I worked at 1NW Contact full-time for less than a year

Pros

The only pro to this company is the fact that you get to 'work' at home.

Cons

This company scams all their employees and their clients.... They are scamming medicare by offering elderly people braces at little to no cost. Little cost meaning they don't have a secondary insurance or an insurance that the company doesnt expect. No cost meaning medicare will be paying for $1200 brace along with your secondary insurance. If you look at all the reviews you will realize no one stated they were there over a year. Once employees start catching on to how the company is scamming out of money they start ending their contracts. They have taken anywhere for $10- $50 out of every check. There are no taxes because your and independent contractor so why is my check short? They try to find every reason to short your check... during training they tell you you will be working 9-6 but during your shift they will find any excuse to cut your hours. When the call volume is low they ask agents to sign off for hours until the volume picks up or they will say that they are having training and want you to go on not ready (not being paid) to attend. Anyone who can rip off elderly people will have no problem ripping their employees off as well.... Stay away... Its better to take $9/hr or paid by talk time jobs and work with legit work at home companies.

Close the company before it gets worst!

THEY CHEAT YOU OUT OF YOUR MONEY!

I have been working at 1NW Contact as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Work from home, extra hours available.

Cons

I have worked here for about a year. (Most of us are hired as contractors, however in my comments I use employee.) They recently hired a lot of new agents with the anticipation of several new campaigns increasing the call volume. Well it didn't work out due to competition from another call center. That’s when the check shortages really got bad. Now you basically have to dispute your pay just about every week. Mine has been short as much as $50.00 and as little as $5.00 in a given pay period. When you add this up times xx number of employees that’s a lot of money they are stealing. When you ask for records from accounting to compare your weekly hours, instead of giving you a report from Five9 (the software used to record your punch time) you get a cut and paste copy of a spreadsheet supposedly from the accounting department listing the number of calls you have taken for each client/campaign in a given week. It also shows on call time, actual call waiting, total login time and not ready time. Now keep in mind that employees DO NOT keep a record of the number of calls received for each client or the wait time before the next call is received. Employees keep track of the time they punch in and out to work whether it’s, break, lunch, meeting etc… So the spreadsheet you are given is useless because it does not show the employee’s time punch. However, there is a report available to key management personnel only from the Five9 software that clearly shows when an employee was signed on and ready to work or signed off for one reason or another. This report shows the daily time punch but it is not given to the employee, which allows the company to cheat you out of hours because there is no FAIR comparison of your paid work time. As of today, I am still waiting for clarification on MANY weeks of pay. I have come to the realization after given this company plenty of time to rectify the situation that I will never receive restitution and need to pursue a legal course of action. Which means I will quit or be fired. I’m not the only contractor who has complained of this problem there are many others. Some choose to let it slide while others like me try to get resolution. It has gotten so bad, that we can no longer talk about payroll in chat. This is something that was recently implemented. Although company policy is to keep chat conversation “company related,” I guess cheating employees out of their hard earned money is not “company related.” If they can keep an employee thinking that their check shortage is just an isolated case, there will be no alarm or suspicious of wrong doing. . I believe this company has bitten off more than they can chew with the hiring of so many agents and not enough work. Hence the reason for now cycling agents off the phone, asking them to take MANY unpaid breaks throughout their shift to keep from paying actual call waiting time which should be paid and is part of the contract agreement. OOPs is that a breach of contract??????

I have sent emails to payroll regarding check shortages and have even copied management on some of them. To this day, I have never received any communication from the management team of this company to assist in the resolution of my check shortages week after week. My advice or should I say question is: Why would you NOT provide the people that work for you a SIMPLIFIED full disclosure report of their work hours and pay? You use a system (Five9) that produces a report that you can provide or clarify most if not all payroll disputes. Are you hiding something???? Don't worry, I expect to be fired after this.

Money is good...

Former Employee - Sales "customer Service"  in  Remote, OR
    Former Employee - Sales "customer Service" in Remote, OR

I worked at 1NW Contact full-time for less than a year

Pros

You get a paycheck and they have plenty of hours.

Cons

This place is a headache. Constant changes and they don't give you any extra time (paid) for the work you put in to study. They also have unpaid training sessions since you are self employed. I had a great manager at one point, but then they changed everything and I had 3 different managers. Lastly, this company is a rip off. I have more morals than to sell a person a $75 brace for $1000. I guess if you like a company that takes advantage of Medicare then go for it. Oh and I was hired in as "Customer Service", but it was actually a sales position with no commission!

Changes are good, but not everyday. It becomes overwhelming and hard to keep up with. Also, just because I'm self employed doesn't mean I shouldn't have to be paid to study and understand you're changes that you make everyday.

Do not waste your time with these clowns

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at 1NW Contact full-time for less than a year

Pros

If you're bored go through their hiring process I guess.

Cons

If you want to waste a lot of time, and work for a company that makes you download a bunch of stuff (spyware) before you're paid a penny...just look at their website for their main campaign: bettereducationforall.com, to see how legit they are.

Complete re-haul.

Aug 26, 2014CEO

As part of our recruiting/onboarding/training process it is true that you will need to download software: JAVA to connect to our cloud based call center software, Firefox browser so that you can set ... More

1NW Contact Do not follow FCC and FTC telemarketing Laws Thousand Oaks CA

Former Employee - Student Loan Consolidation Scam  in  Thousand Oaks, MO
    Former Employee - Student Loan Consolidation Scam in Thousand Oaks, MO

I worked at 1NW Contact part-time for less than a year

Pros

For starters they this company is a mess. They do not pay you for training, and then when you finally get on the phone your first check does not get to you for 3 weeks. Next they are a telemarketing company that expects you to break the law by not following the FCC and FTA laws concerning telemarketing. If you do not do as they tell you and you tell them you will not break the law, they will terminate you. Finally, they don't always get you your checks on time. I am still waiting for checks as I type this complaint. Stay away from this company, because they are vultures.

Run!!! While you can.

They want you to break the law

Former Employee - At Home Agent  in  Thousand Oaks, CA
    Former Employee - At Home Agent in Thousand Oaks, CA

I worked at 1NW Contact as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Work from home, otherwise there are none.

Cons

This is a work at home telemarketing job. They want you to break the law by not following the Do Not Call list rules, and TCPA rules. I was told multiple times that their "Client" didn't care and wanted us to push the lead when calling businesses including, but not limited to, Medical facilities. If you do not want to break the law they will terminate your contract.

Take the law seriously or you will be out of business.

Aug 16, 2014CEO

This post is completely incorrect. All outbound calls to consumers are from internet opt-in data acquired from reputable US affiliates and each record has a written opt-in. All agents are instructed ... More

Work from home

Current Employee - INbound Agent  in  Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - INbound Agent in Omaha, NE

I have been working at 1NW Contact full-time for more than a year

Pros

Working from home. Don't have to worry about gas, traffic, lunch, etc. Military wife, so this a good job that can travel with me. I have applied and been interviewed for a lot of work from home positions. Most of them pay by the talk time or per call. This job pay $10/hr while you wait for calls or while on calls. If you work your assigned 40 hrs you'll get paid $400. No taxes come out of check. You can gain a lot overtime. I get emails everyday about them needing people on the line for extra time. Staff is friendly. They promote within. I have been hearing some supervisors saying they were promoted six months to a year after starting.Good for someone who likes to work slowly in the caller center environment. You are working with mostly older people on medicare, some of which have a heard time hearing or talk slow themselves. I can get any where from 20-30 calls a day, which is not bad. calls can take anywhere from 10-20 mins to complete.

Cons

Paper checks only no direct deposit. Training was 3 days unpaid, now it is 4 days unpaid and for 8 hrs a day! I worked for this company for a month and then left. I decided to go back a couple months later, which wasn't easy to get back on like it was the first time. A lot of things changed in three months. There wasn't any background checks at one point, now you have to pay $30 for background, which you can get back after 6 months of employment. Now 30% of your calls need to be leads. This is hard because ppl call in with the wrong number, ppl dont have the proper insurance, and some ppl are transferred to you who dont even have an interest! You need to read from five different scripts on the RBS campaign. When I first started at the company 90% of the leads went through, now other reps are cold calling ppl who never even had an interest in a product or seen a commercial. Inbound takes all the heat for the cold calling that outbound does. You can't change your schedule until after 30 days. All times work on PST time which is a pain for EST ppl. There is only one day shift 6-3pm PST time - 9am - 6 pm est ..You still will have to put your children in daycare just like you would any job. No overtime pay for doing overtime, just regular pay. Training covers a lot of information that you can gain over time and wont be using right away.

It is 2014 and time to get some direct deposit going. If you are now charging for background checks, you should start paying for 32 hours of training. More hours should be available, like 7-3.

Aug 18, 2014CEO

It is our goal to implement direct deposit. It is complicated in a virtual contact center environment. Many of our agents do not have bank accounts and we are working toward a solution where an agent ... More

Worked for 1NW Contact? Contribute to the Community!