1NW Contact

Updated August 13, 2014
Updated August 13, 2014

2.6

Leonard M. Linton

My experience here has been ok so far; I'm satisfied as of now.

Current Employee - Call Center Agent  in  Thousand Oaks, CA
    Current Employee - Call Center Agent in Thousand Oaks, CA

Pros

It is a very fun virtual call center environment, especially when youre getting alot of calls. Great supervisors.

Cons

You dont get paid until about 2-3 weeks after your first day; That can be a drag.

They want you to break the law

Former Employee - At Home Agent  in  Thousand Oaks, CA
    Former Employee - At Home Agent in Thousand Oaks, CA

Pros

Work from home, otherwise there are none.

Cons

This is a work at home telemarketing job. They want you to break the law by not following the Do Not Call list rules, and TCPA rules. I was told multiple times that their "Client" didn't care and wanted us to push the lead when calling businesses including, but not limited to, Medical facilities. If you do not want to break the law they will terminate your contract.

Take the law seriously or you will be out of business.

Aug 16, 2014CEO

This post is completely incorrect. All outbound calls to consumers are from internet opt-in data acquired from reputable US affiliates and each record has a written opt-in. All agents are instructed ... More

Work from home

Current Employee - INbound Agent  in  Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - INbound Agent in Omaha, NE

Pros

Working from home. Don't have to worry about gas, traffic, lunch, etc. Military wife, so this a good job that can travel with me. I have applied and been interviewed for a lot of work from home positions. Most of them pay by the talk time or per call. This job pay $10/hr while you wait for calls or while on calls. If you work your assigned 40 hrs you'll get paid $400. No taxes come out of check. You can gain a lot overtime. I get emails everyday about them needing people on the line for extra time. Staff is friendly. They promote within. I have been hearing some supervisors saying they were promoted six months to a year after starting.Good for someone who likes to work slowly in the caller center environment. You are working with mostly older people on medicare, some of which have a heard time hearing or talk slow themselves. I can get any where from 20-30 calls a day, which is not bad. calls can take anywhere from 10-20 mins to complete.

Cons

Paper checks only no direct deposit. Training was 3 days unpaid, now it is 4 days unpaid and for 8 hrs a day! I worked for this company for a month and then left. I decided to go back a couple months later, which wasn't easy to get back on like it was the first time. A lot of things changed in three months. There wasn't any background checks at one point, now you have to pay $30 for background, which you can get back after 6 months of employment. Now 30% of your calls need to be leads. This is hard because ppl call in with the wrong number, ppl dont have the proper insurance, and some ppl are transferred to you who dont even have an interest! You need to read from five different scripts on the RBS campaign. When I first started at the company 90% of the leads went through, now other reps are cold calling ppl who never even had an interest in a product or seen a commercial. Inbound takes all the heat for the cold calling that outbound does. You can't change your schedule until after 30 days. All times work on PST time which is a pain for EST ppl. There is only one day shift 6-3pm PST time - 9am - 6 pm est ..You still will have to put your children in daycare just like you would any job. No overtime pay for doing overtime, just regular pay. Training covers a lot of information that you can gain over time and wont be using right away.

It is 2014 and time to get some direct deposit going. If you are now charging for background checks, you should start paying for 32 hours of training. More hours should be available, like 7-3.

Aug 18, 2014CEO

It is our goal to implement direct deposit. It is complicated in a virtual contact center environment. Many of our agents do not have bank accounts and we are working toward a solution where an agent ... More

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Comfortable

Current Employee - RBS Agent-independent Contactor  in  Destin, FL
    Current Employee - RBS Agent-independent Contactor in Destin, FL

Pros

Easy work. I have a good supervisor who is pleasant, understanding, professional, and provides great training and tips. He makes you feel comfortable and like you are part of a team.

I have always received my check on time even though its mailed; none of my checks have bounced and I have worked for this company for about 6 months.
    There are always additional hours available to work outside of your scheduled shift.

Cons

It is hard to dispute hours that may not be accurate on your paycheck. My first paycheck was short a couple of hours, I did dispute it with accounting and was never granted the hours that I worked. I let it ride, but I just don't expect to get any reimbursements if my check happens not to be short. I have not had any incidents since the first one.

Direct Deposit

Aug 16, 2014CEO

1NWContact is an ethical company and the dispute process is well defined and routine. Invoicing details for the prior week worked are emailed and the agent has 24 hours to dispute or challenge ... More

micro managed to the hilt

Current Employee - RBS Agent-independent Contactor
    Current Employee - RBS Agent-independent Contactor

Pros

steady work, work hours are good

Cons

The company needs to have direct deposit , they penalize you for data entering their work..or researching

Get Direct deposit , do not penalize your contractors for data entry 3. minutes is to short of a time to data enter.....if you want accuracy Your managers need not to brow beat people into submission.

Aug 18, 2014CEO

We need accuracy and professionalism in all the work product our company produces. That is what our clients expect. We do coach agents on improving their approach to a call or a particular set of ... More

Cheated out of pay.

Current Employee - Home Agent  in  Lakewood, CA
    Current Employee - Home Agent in Lakewood, CA

Pros

Ability to work from home.

Cons

Worked only 12 hours after 4 days of unpaid training before I quit. Received pay for less than 4 hours -- not 12! I have e-mailed and called numerous times over the past 2 months. They act like the cannot find my records. I have given dates and times which can be confirmed with the trainer and supervisor. Worked with trainer and introduced to supervisor on first day workday (8hrs) -- worked with supervisor on 2nd day I worked which was a half-day (4hours). I quit because I was told leads were "warm" and I was calling people who had inquired about services -- NOT! I was told to quit calling by numerous people and I was cursed out twice!

Develop some ethics! It works out better in the long run.

Aug 18, 2014CEO

I encourage this agent to reach out to me and we will get the invoicing issues discussed and on the table. The agent's time on the system and their own dispositioning of each call determines the ... More

Comfortable

Current Employee - Lead Generator  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Lead Generator in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

I enjoy working from home, weekly paychecks that DONT bounce!

Cons

Everyone is paid the same

Add some incentives like higher pay if you work harder

They are legit but pay is slow.

Former Employee - Independent Contractor  in  Thousand Oaks, CA
    Former Employee - Independent Contractor in Thousand Oaks, CA

Pros

Good shifts. Okay pay per hour.

Cons

Slow pay and unorganized management.

Employees will endure a lot, but as Independent Contractors we run businesses and need to be paid on time every time. I had researched and read of many other previous and current folks saying that the pay was not on time, or would be delayed, but I took it upon myself to find out on my own. Waiting 3 weeks for your first invoice and pay is one thing, but always being 3 weeks behind is unacceptable. When you depart from this company you will be owed 3 checks because they pay every week, but always 3 weeks behind. The work was not hard, but sitting in chat seeing others share that they were not getting paid on time sometimes getting their pay almost a week late was not something that I was willing to endure, so I got out I have not received any pay yet it was not time for my invoice to be processed. It takes 3 weeks to get your first invoice for one week of work. Then you receive the next weeks invoice for one week of pay and so on throughout your contract.

Aug 18, 2014CEO

We process invoices and print and mail checks in the same cycle every week. There is great variability between the weekly performance of the USPS.

Wonderful Experience especially if you are new to working at home

Current Employee - INbound Agent  in  Baton Rouge, LA
    Current Employee - INbound Agent in Baton Rouge, LA

Pros

No Commute, Schedule your own time, Weekly paychecks, Excellent training

Cons

They are no cons with this company

Direct Deposit

Management

Former Employee - Phone Operator
    Former Employee - Phone Operator

Pros

The ability to set your work hours and days.

Cons

Extremely bad organizational skills from managers.

GET NEW MANAGERS GET RID OF HOLMES. When hes In a bad mood he will sit and target one person of the group and make it all their fault of his unorganized structure. (ex) not having a hotels address in the script while you're forced to do two locations at once one location has an address the other does not. A consumer wants to know the address a head of time so they know how far of a drive it is and if they can make it!

Worked for 1NW Contact? Contribute to the Community!