1NW Contact

Leonard M. Linton

Great company and supervisors

Former Employee - Admissions Advisor
    Former Employee - Admissions Advisor

I worked at 1NW Contact full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I worked here for almost a year but had to stop due to a family emergency. My trainer was a blast, informative and funny. I like the fact that training is short compared to other work at home companies I have worked for.

Cons

I wish they offered direct deposit.

I think management is great, training is quick, supervisors are helpful.

Nice Company to work with to gain some work at home experience.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative

I worked at 1NW Contact as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

I worked with 1NW Contact in 2013 and I really enjoyed the work. I had to leave because I experienced some complications during a miscarriage. I would definitely work with them again. I was paid every week on time. I never experienced a bounced check. The trainers were very nice and understanding.

Cons

My only concerns would be with one of the supervisors. She was quite rude and belittling to the new hires but other than that the company was very professional. T

More time in training and please be patient with the new hires.

1NW was a mediocre company to work with!

Former Employee - College Search Adviser in San Jacinto, CA
    Former Employee - College Search Adviser in San Jacinto, CA

I worked at 1NW Contact full-time (more than an year)

Pros

You get to work from the comfort of your own home. You get paid weekly. The training is pretty good. They have the support to help you do the job with ease.

Cons

No pays raises or bonuses. Expect to be paid the same amount for your entire stay at the company. You will, however, have an opportunity to make more money if you apply yourself to become a supervisor.

Listen to the people (your agents) that make you your money. If any of them feel as though they are being under paid, at least give them a review. There was no solid review process to make more money.
    It's never good to pay everyone, unless promoted to supervisor, the same amount with no chance of a raise. Bonuses and pay raise reviews are in need for those agents that do above and beyond services for you.

At Home Agent

Current Employee - At Home Agent
    Current Employee - At Home Agent

I have been working at 1NW Contact full-time (less than an year)

Pros

This is a great job just love it, I have read all the reviews from agents who are no longer here, or maybe they are still here who knows and I find this all to funny. First before you even get started in the interview process as you complete your application all the facts are upfront. Second during the process we are advised of what is needed and expected as well as the pay, we have the option to keep moving or just stop and look elsewhere, for those who claim all this crap on pay, I have one question , can you read?

Cons

None so far, I do agree direct deposit would be nice, however as an adult I have learned to budget.

Direct Depsoit

Work from home, Sales--not customer service

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Thousand Oaks, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Thousand Oaks, CA

I have been working at 1NW Contact full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The best thing was I was able to work from home and pick the schedule/shift I was available for. The people I worked with were great, good attitudes, great sense of humors, and very nice.
     Sales position for DME (durable medical equipment). Spoke with elderly people on medicare about medical equipment such as back braces and knee braces for example.

Cons

Unpaid training. Training was 4 days and we rushed through it, then we were put on the phones. No direct deposit and no benefits. Also this is a 1099 position so you're responsible for your own taxes.

High turn over rate. Due to the fact your job is solely relies on conversion ie how much you sell during your shift, well that's why the turn over rate is so high. Last I heard a supervisor quit after having to fire MANY agents over their low conversion rates. I also heard they were manipulating pay checks when the calls were slow that they wouldn't have to pay people for the time they were logged into the phones.

The position I applied for stated "Customer Service Representative", NOT sales! The worst thing was the client they do business with is unethical. I googled it online and this client was brought into court regarding medicare fraud. Basically using unethical sales tactics to sell medical equipment.

1NW Contact is a good company in itself. However you need to evaluate your clients and be sure that you're doing business with an ethical company that hasn't been brought up on serious accusations such as defrauding Medicare and their patients.
     My second piece of advice is you need to chose supervisors over campaigns based on whether they can be diplomatic and lead by example. In other words, several people had an issue with one particular supervisor because of her poor attitude and snarky behavior towards them. A few of them tried to speak with someone above her regarding personality conflicts, instead this agent was told by 2 other supervisors and the project manager, that there was no one to assist with conflicts that arose between people. Now correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the Project Manager the one who is trained to handle such? I mean, the Project Manager is after all over seeing this campaign, right?? So I went online again and pulled Project Manager definitions up and guess what I found?? The Project Manager DOES indeed have the training to handle conflicts in the project they're assigned to, as well as conflicts between employees that are working ON that project!

Scam of a Business -Misclassification of Employee status

Current Employee - Lead Inbound Generator in Thousand Oaks, CA
    Current Employee - Lead Inbound Generator in Thousand Oaks, CA

I have been working at 1NW Contact full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Work from home opportunity
    Able to speak to some wonderful people

Cons

Company classifies you as an Independent Contractor for tax purposes but runs business based on having employees! This is against the law. You cannot have supervisors directly supervising workers, scheduling breaks and lunches and giving direction that would deem us as employees! Your company also stated that we get paid for down time, however, if you are waiting on a call for longer than 7 minutes your asked to take a 15 minute break so essentially you are taking 8 minutes per extra from in addition to the 7 minutes that should be considered down time. Excessive breaks to avoid paying contractors is blatant fraud. Checks are consistently incorrect which shows poor management. Supervisors are extremely rude when addressing contractors or should I say misclassified employees.

Train your supervisors to be more professional and recognize the difference between Contractor and Employee. Fines are very steep for companies that intentionally misclassify workers.

Great Company

Current Employee - College Search Advisor in Norcross, GA
    Current Employee - College Search Advisor in Norcross, GA

I have been working at 1NW Contact as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

The best part of the company is they value their employees. The company wants to keep who they hire and will work with you to make sure (if possible) that will happen. The company will allow people to work more hours so it is possible to reach 40 hrs a week.
    Since it is a work at home job one does save money and time getting back and forth to work. They will pay for your time if you need coaching.
    As an independent contractor the employee is responsible for keeping track of their own time. Such as logging into available ready, manager time for meetings. If you are not logged in on either one of those then there is no way the company has you logged in working. So you will not be paid. All this information comes in writing and oral form.

Cons

I was told many times by phone, email, and a form I had to sign; stating that the first week of training is non-paid. I was also informed during training and countless times that it takes 3 weeks to receive the first paycheck. When there is an error on your check you do have a person to email, who then has to contact the company they use for payroll. One of my invoices showed that I worked 11 hours one week, so I contact the person who emails us our invoices. I also check the five9 and edsoup system to make sure their was not a glitch and it did show I worked about 32 hrs that week. When my check came I did receive the full amount of my paid time. People have to remember you don't get paid with 1NW Contact when you don't work. If you are being coached on additional training there is a certain way you have to log in. If you don't log in then there is no proof of work nor additional training and that you were in meetings.
    The only problem I have is no direct deposit, but working with 1NW Contact makes this issue seem unimportant. It is worth not having direct deposit to stay with 1NW Contact. The supervisor for Edsoup is so amazing it like having a best friend who is on your side with you having to do nothing to earn it.q

Keep up the great work , I feel like a valued employee.

Not bad but not great

Current Employee - Customer Service Agent in Thousand Oaks, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Agent in Thousand Oaks, CA

I have been working at 1NW Contact (less than an year)

Pros

Get to work from home

Cons

The management team is very unorganized, unprofessional and just plain rude

Respect respect respect

Think before you apply

I have been working at 1NW Contact as a contractor

Pros

The only Pro that is available after working for little less than a year is you work from home.

Cons

The biggest Con is name shaming , and nothing positive to say about a worker, as well as there is not a direct deposit option, cycling contractors out when the call volume is low the constant barrage of emails, asking you come in on your day off. Rule changes daily and script changes. That while you thought you were generating leads, you really are on a sales desk...with out benefits, calling a person who called in and the call was missed at least 10 times a day. The expectation to data enter information in 3 minutes....and the constant IM all through the day.

Get direct Deposit, do not single agents out to pick on , the degrading emails that are sent out need to stop from upper management the name shaming needs to stop if you would just tweak some of these things such as giving positive feed back to a contractor you might find a different type of loyalty and better production from your contractors instead of threatening them with their contract like you are running a sharecropping farm. And there needs to be some checks and balances put in on your team leads and supervisors. You would then have the proper staffing and dedicated agents instead a mass exodus that you get at least every 3 weeks.

My experience was very good, but I needed a job with better social skills and benefits if possible.

Former Employee - Custormer Service in Thousand Oaks, CA
    Former Employee - Custormer Service in Thousand Oaks, CA

I worked at 1NW Contact as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

I actually enjoyed meeting new people all over the world with a lot of the same similarities as my self.

Cons

The only thing that I didn't like too much about this job is the fact that it wasn't beneficiary to me in the long run.

My advice to their management is to choose more wisely about who are your supervisors. They should always remain respectful to others and understanding as well.

1NW Contact Photos