1NW Contact Reviews

1 Rating

Lead Generator

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Thousand Oaks, CA
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Thousand Oaks, CA

I worked at 1NW Contact as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Working from home. Pay is OK if they decide to pay you..

Cons

Yes Too many to list

Advice to Management

Just pay correctly.

Work from home, Sales--not customer service

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Thousand Oaks, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Thousand Oaks, CA

I have been working at 1NW Contact full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The best thing was I was able to work from home and pick the schedule/shift I was available for. The people I worked with were great, good attitudes, great sense of humors, and very nice.
     Sales position for DME (durable medical equipment). Spoke with elderly people on medicare about medical equipment such as back braces and knee braces for example.

Cons

Unpaid training. Training was 4 days and we rushed through it, then we were put on the phones. No direct deposit and no benefits. Also this is a 1099 position so you're responsible for your own taxes.

High turn over rate. Due to the fact your job is solely relies on conversion ie how much you sell during your shift, well that's why the turn over rate is so high. Last I heard a supervisor quit after having to fire MANY agents over their low conversion rates. I also heard they were manipulating pay checks when the calls were slow that they wouldn't have to pay people for the time they were logged into the phones.

The position I applied for stated "Customer Service Representative", NOT sales! The worst thing was the client they do business with is unethical. I googled it online and this client was brought into court regarding medicare fraud. Basically using unethical sales tactics to sell medical equipment.

Advice to Management

1NW Contact is a good company in itself. However you need to evaluate your clients and be sure that you're doing business with an ethical company that hasn't been brought up on serious accusations such as defrauding Medicare and their patients.
     My second piece of advice is you need to chose supervisors over campaigns based on whether they can be diplomatic and lead by example. In other words, several people had an issue with one particular supervisor because of her poor attitude and snarky behavior towards them. A few of them tried to speak with someone above her regarding personality conflicts, instead this agent was told by 2 other supervisors and the project manager, that there was no one to assist with conflicts that arose between people. Now correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the Project Manager the one who is trained to handle such? I mean, the Project Manager is after all over seeing this campaign, right?? So I went online again and pulled Project Manager definitions up and guess what I found?? The Project Manager DOES indeed have the training to handle conflicts in the project they're assigned to, as well as conflicts between employees that are working ON that project!

Scam of a Business -Misclassification of Employee status

Current Employee - Lead Inbound Generator in Thousand Oaks, CA
    Current Employee - Lead Inbound Generator in Thousand Oaks, CA

I have been working at 1NW Contact full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work from home opportunity
    Able to speak to some wonderful people

Cons

Company classifies you as an Independent Contractor for tax purposes but runs business based on having employees! This is against the law. You cannot have supervisors directly supervising workers, scheduling breaks and lunches and giving direction that would deem us as employees! Your company also stated that we get paid for down time, however, if you are waiting on a call for longer than 7 minutes your asked to take a 15 minute break so essentially you are taking 8 minutes per extra from in addition to the 7 minutes that should be considered down time. Excessive breaks to avoid paying contractors is blatant fraud. Checks are consistently incorrect which shows poor management. Supervisors are extremely rude when addressing contractors or should I say misclassified employees.

Advice to Management

Train your supervisors to be more professional and recognize the difference between Contractor and Employee. Fines are very steep for companies that intentionally misclassify workers.

5. Not bad but not great

Current Employee - Customer Service Agent in Thousand Oaks, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Agent in Thousand Oaks, CA

I have been working at 1NW Contact (Less than a year)

Pros

Get to work from home

Cons

The management team is very unorganized, unprofessional and just plain rude

Advice to Management

Respect respect respect

My experience was very good, but I needed a job with better social skills and benefits if possible.

Former Contractor - Custormer Service in Thousand Oaks, CA
    Former Contractor - Custormer Service in Thousand Oaks, CA

I worked at 1NW Contact as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

I actually enjoyed meeting new people all over the world with a lot of the same similarities as my self.

Cons

The only thing that I didn't like too much about this job is the fact that it wasn't beneficiary to me in the long run.

Advice to Management

My advice to their management is to choose more wisely about who are your supervisors. They should always remain respectful to others and understanding as well.

My experience here has been ok so far; I'm satisfied as of now.

Current Employee - Call Center Agent in Thousand Oaks, CA
    Current Employee - Call Center Agent in Thousand Oaks, CA

I have been working at 1NW Contact part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It is a very fun virtual call center environment, especially when youre getting alot of calls. Great supervisors.

Cons

You dont get paid until about 2-3 weeks after your first day; That can be a drag.

They want you to break the law

Former Contractor - At Home Agent in Thousand Oaks, CA
    Former Contractor - At Home Agent in Thousand Oaks, CA

I worked at 1NW Contact as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Work from home, otherwise there are none.

Cons

This is a work at home telemarketing job. They want you to break the law by not following the Do Not Call list rules, and TCPA rules. I was told multiple times that their "Client" didn't care and wanted us to push the lead when calling businesses including, but not limited to, Medical facilities. If you do not want to break the law they will terminate your contract.

Advice to Management

Take the law seriously or you will be out of business.

1NW Contact Response

Aug 16, 2014CEO

This post is completely incorrect. All outbound calls to consumers are from internet opt-in data acquired from reputable US affiliates and each record has a written opt-in. All agents are instructed ... More

9. They are legit but pay is slow.

Former Contractor - Independent Contractor in Thousand Oaks, CA
    Former Contractor - Independent Contractor in Thousand Oaks, CA

I worked at 1NW Contact as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Good shifts. Okay pay per hour.

Cons

Slow pay and unorganized management.

Advice to Management

Employees will endure a lot, but as Independent Contractors we run businesses and need to be paid on time every time. I had researched and read of many other previous and current folks saying that the pay was not on time, or would be delayed, but I took it upon myself to find out on my own. Waiting 3 weeks for your first invoice and pay is one thing, but always being 3 weeks behind is unacceptable. When you depart from this company you will be owed 3 checks because they pay every week, but always 3 weeks behind. The work was not hard, but sitting in chat seeing others share that they were not getting paid on time sometimes getting their pay almost a week late was not something that I was willing to endure, so I got out I have not received any pay yet it was not time for my invoice to be processed. It takes 3 weeks to get your first invoice for one week of work. Then you receive the next weeks invoice for one week of pay and so on throughout your contract.

1NW Contact Response

Aug 18, 2014CEO

We process invoices and print and mail checks in the same cycle every week. There is great variability between the weekly performance of the USPS.

10. 1 NW Contact Review 10/23/2012

Current Employee - Lead Generation Representative in Thousand Oaks, CA
    Current Employee - Lead Generation Representative in Thousand Oaks, CA

I have been working at 1NW Contact full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They are great people. Could not ask for a better job!!! Great support and great tools tools are provided to enhance your success.

Cons

I ca not think of any

Advice to Management

Direct Deposit and possibly benifits like insurance plan

Not focused on employee satisfaction

Current Employee - Phone Representative in Thousand Oaks, CA
    Current Employee - Phone Representative in Thousand Oaks, CA

I have been working at 1NW Contact full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work from home, co-workers are great, hourly pay is good compared to other similar companies.

Cons

Doesn't have direct deposit, starts pay 3 weeks after starting which means each paycheck is for 3 weeks previous work.
    Doesn't pay for training OR coaching sessions

Advice to Management

If you want employees that truly want to focus on quality you need to invest in them through "paid" training and coaching. It seems there's always a new focus on problem areas that have never been brought up before. An example would be not asking a certain question that adversely affects our quality, but it wasn't included in script that had been used for several weeks.

RSS Feed </> Embed