1st Source

1st Source Reviews

Updated Jul 4, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

1st Source Chairman, President, and CEO; Chairman and CEO, 1st Source Bank Chris Murphy III

Chris Murphy III

Microsoft Shop, average bank, good employees

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) South Bend, IN

ProsGood managers, bankers hours normally, Project planning processes that actually work. Provide phones for support personnel. decent hardware to work on.

ConsNever pick the best product / tool, only pick the best Microsoft Product / Tool. Poor communication amongst departments. No work from home policy.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide a bottoms-up review of managers to see what's really going on.

Descent place to work

Proswork with some good people; friendly and easy working environment; flexibility with work and life balance though depending the manager; big on community service

Conspoor benefit, low pay, lack of standard and consistency in giving out "Titles" (officer / AVP / VP) for people working at the customer front vs. backroom support

Advice to Senior Managementconsolidate departments that perform the same function and eliminate the middle-management if you are serious about lean management

... not what I expected

Client Service Representative (Former Employee) Valparaiso, IN

ProsPros: You have the option to opt in for a matched 401k, but you will only ever see the money if you work there a certain amount of time - I believe 5 years?
    They are a small but growing company and do a great job of making you feeling excited to work for the company & like the company cares about you.

ConsCons: Uninteresting, ridiculous amount of cattiness at work, almost impossible to achieve their incredibly high account opening referrals each month, practically zero compensation for a referral becoming an account - there are about .... 3? impossible to refer accounts that pay maybe 5$ if you manage to get someone to open one. The compensation is laughable for a college grad.... for all the crazy training they make you do & for how sloooowwww (sometimes) or "i'm going insane we are so busy" stressful times - you should practically just get a job at mcdonalds instead. Please don't ever think being a bank teller/personal banker/CSR... whatever fancy word they want to call it - is remotely glamorous, fun, or professional.

Advice to Senior ManagementCare more about your employees and less about expanding. Do something - ANYTHING!! to get rid of the problematic branch managers who could care less about their jobs and play favorites
    ..... begin to FAIRLY compensate those who do work hard and work with integrity, break up the "impenetrable" climate of cattiness at 90% of the branches, and for goodness sake get rid of the idea that ANY CSR or little peon is going anywhere in the company - the glass ceiling becomes very evident shortly after you start working there.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

ConsNo real advancement opportunities,
    Pay to Park,
    No bonuses

Love it so far

ProsThe people are all very friendly and in a genuine kinda way. Its somewhere that i am achieving my goals and feel like im gaining knowledge daily. I have opportunities for advancement here which I didn't previously have. They are genuinely concerned about their customers needs as opposed to just hitting sales quotas. Very glad I got a job here.

ConsA little less up to date as far as technology compared to other banks, not really a downfall for the customer side, but sometimes makes things harder on the working side. No other flaws I've come across yet.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Enjoyed

International BPO, Debt Collection Agency (Current Employee)

ProsDinner offered by company,
    no job timing issues.

Consno fixed date for salary

Advice to Senior Managementneeds much more improvement

1ST Source bank

Proswilling to cross train on anything! I have learned so much with this company and they have allowed me to grow as a person and develop my career.

ConsShort staffing is a major frustration with this company. They say that we are over staffed which is not correct and does nothing but stress out to no end.

O.K.

Banking Center Manager (Current Employee)

ProsDecent Work Life Balance
    Financially Strong
    Well known in South Bend

ConsBottom of the industry in pay
    Management is based on years with bank, many are largely incompetent
    Brand is weak outside of South Bend
    Ultra Conservative
    Light years behind in technology

Advice to Senior ManagementFigure it out.

Not bad

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThere are nice people working there.

ConsNot much room for growth.

Advice to Senior ManagementDevelop your employees more.

Bad benefits, poor communication, underpaid employees.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsIt's a small company, everything is local, people will know your name, most staff can be very pleasant to work with.

ConsVery much a boy's club in upper management, ineffective handling of problem employees, little emphasis on customer service and a hard push on sales, technology is years behind.

Worked for 1st Source? Contribute to the Community!