1stGiG.com

1 Rating

Satisfying Career Change

Current Employee - Business Development
    Current Employee - Business Development

I have been working at 1stGiG.com full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I was looking for a company where I could be creative, work from a remote location, and offer a service I could stand behind with 100% confidence. 1stGig is new, fresh, and offers recruiters a simple way to find the talent they are looking for among college graduates and veterans.

Projects are interesting; colleagues are friendly and helpful.

Cons

For now I don't consider there to be any cons.

1stGiG is a fun place to work, and a great place to find jobs.

Current Employee - Campus Marketing Representative in Collegeville, MN
    Current Employee - Campus Marketing Representative in Collegeville, MN

I have been working at 1stGiG.com

Pros

1stGiG gives their workers a chance to be part of a revolution in the way that people look for jobs. I get the chance to grow on my sales and marketing skills. The position and goals allow for me to be creative and independent in the work that I do. The experience of working at 1stGiG has been invaluable in my growth as a marketer and salesman.

Cons

Because 1stGiG is so new, they have yet to establish a strong name recognition. However, if they continue to develop in the way they have, that will change quickly.

Poorly organized internship, you will never see any commission

I worked at 1stGiG.com as an intern

Pros

-Work from your campus
    -You can pick your own marketing strategy

Cons

I participated in this internship in my last semester of college. I was given no resources, very little training, and pretty much worked completely autonomously. Although they were nice, I talked to my manager via global meet probably twice during the whole internship. I reached my threshold for payment, I never saw any return. It was worth it to have something to put on my resume, but I did not gain anything else from the experience. Also, the positive reviews below sound like management dummy reviews doing maintenance.

This company has a good idea with potential, but poor execution. I haven't heard anything else of 1stGig since I left the internship. The team should re-brand a little and make their company an event on college campuses. In terms of the internship, more structure and resources are needed.

1st gig-A great place to work and learn!

Current Employee - Campus Representative
    Current Employee - Campus Representative

I have been working at 1stGiG.com

Pros

As a campus representative, I have gained great marketing experience and have learned new promotional tactics. I think the company is a great resource for students and alumni. If you are a direct match for what employers are looking for, they will contact you. There are so many areas you can choose that may interest you and 1stgig offers so many opportunities. The 1stgig team is very eager to drive for success and have a great work culture. I recommend 1stgig as an additional resource for students to use to better their future.

Cons

There are not many cons I can say about 1stgig. However, It is an unpaid internship, based only on commission.

All of management works very closely with each of the campus representatives. I think they are very organized and dedicated to their work and as of now I have no suggestions to better their management.

A Great Experience at 1stgig.com!

Former Employee - Marketing Intern
    Former Employee - Marketing Intern

I worked at 1stGiG.com

Pros

I had a very positive experience at 1stgig.com. I had a flexible work schedule as well as continuous guidance from my direct supervisor. I was able to use alot of my own ideas and creativity throughout the internship. The concept behind the company is great and I am proud to say I worked for such an innovative company!

Cons

Although I wished it could have been a paid internship, I still hold the experience as very valuable. I got the opportunity to create my own plans and implement them, which is not common in an internship experience. You typically have to do as you are told, but with 1stgig.com they encourage each interns creativity and let you run with it.

Continue to make this program better as you have done throughout my experience. Encourage the help of other Campus Reps and Interns to provide feedback in making it an even more of a success.

Current Employee - 1stGiG Campus Representative
    Current Employee - 1stGiG Campus Representative

I have been working at 1stGiG.com

Pros

Marketing experience
    Working with our peers on our own campuses
    LinkedIn experience
    Access to informative blog posts
    Flexible management willing to help at any time

Cons

Not a regulary salary - only working off of commission.

I have had a good experience so far with 1stGiG.com. The management has been excellent in supplying resources for myself and my co-workers. In addition to a monthly marketing guide, we are distributed tools to help us on our campuses. Despite the fact that the internship does not have a salary (we only work off of commission), the experience is invaluable. To build relationships with professionals and to gain skills in communication and marketing will help anybody in their future careers.

Thank you for this opportunity to become a better employer in my future.

Agree with first post

I worked at 1stGiG.com

Pros

I didn't have to go into an office.

Cons

-I never got paid. ---I stopped my cashier job because I thought the "commission" would allow me to make more. ----Was told a different thing every week. ----The change in manager did not really change anything. ---- I received many annoying emails about doing tasks from the manager.

Do not call this an internship

Terrible excuse for an internship

I worked at 1stGiG.com

Pros

The idea of the website is smart, but that is about all. I was introduced to Linked-in, which was pretty cool, but that's about it.

Cons

1. I put in a lot of work for my "bonus" which was worthless.
    2. The hiring manager told us how many companies would be in the system, but there were only like 20.
    3. I felt like I had to lie to my peers to make them sign up for the site.
    4. The management asked us marketing questions on their behalf, never on ours.
    5. I was told something different every week

Overall, this was a terrible program. There were shifts of management during my time as a rep, and I had to respond to different people all the time. I turned down another internship to do this at my school, which would've paid. Now I just wasted an entire semester doing nothing.

My best advice is to steer clear of this program(pyramid scheme).

Everything was never on time. I was told I would be getting t-shirts and other promotional material, but it never came. Follow through on your promises!!!