20-20-Technologies Reviews

Updated July 31, 2014
Updated July 31, 2014

2.9

Mark Goldstein

Can seem like there's no path up...

I have been working at 20-20-Technologies full-time

Pros

People stay here a long time; consistency of co-workers means that you learn their styles over time. The work/life balance is GREAT, immediate supervisors allow for a lot of flexibility for time off and other accommodations.

Cons

As a relatively small company, there's not a lot of room for advancement unless someone above you quits or a new person is hired, neither of which is too common.

Develop ways to allow people who want to grow and move up to do so.

great place to grow a career

I have been working at 20-20-Technologies full-time for more than a year

Pros

Actually, I have many pros to share with you my friends. First, a lot of great opportunities are available in this company. For example, I started here as a intern and now, I'm involved in many exciting projects worldwide. I get to meet all executive members anytime, they are all available, very approachable and open to ideas. That's actually really cool. I get to share ideas and feel that what I say is as valuable as anyone else. I never look at the time, my days go by so fast, its crazy....its awesome....its fun! I really like my boss. Very impressive profile, full of knowledge and professionalism. I learn a lot everyday. The company is growing, re-branding made a good change, lots of positive energy. I came here at the right time, this company will reach a very good status in the design industry very soon. Cool technology, very upfront. Also, there's a cool wellness program worldwide that pushes all employees to compete between them, I lost a few pounds cuz of that. They're even talking of forming group to play soccer at lunch time. The present CEO (Mark) is a great leader, he started not long ago. He actually, voluntarily, decided to meet all the employees for lunch (by groups of 10-15) to discuss and get opinions and advice. He wants to understand the people and adapt to them and the the other way around. I've been to one of these lunches, he actually wants to know what you have to say. He's going to bring this company in a whole new level....wait and see.

Cons

Well, there's always negative points in everything. I cant deny that ''some'' people here have been working here for years and are really due for a change of career! They can be slightly negative, it sucks. Especially that so much is put on making changes to improve and move on in a better direction...oh well! But I'm not concern about that, bad karma brings bad karma.

Free pizza on Friday maybe?

Great opportunities opening with the new management team

Current Employee - Manager  in  Laval, QC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Manager in Laval, QC (Canada)

I have been working at 20-20-Technologies full-time for less than a year

Pros

Lot's of new people in the last year that are highly motivated. Great co-workers, amazing life and work balance, casual dress code,and great leadership with the new management. Leader in the software, services and content for the interior design and furniture design industries, with awesome softwares and a high-tech products. A geek's paradise with the majority of employees beeing software developpers. A new IS/IT team that promotes innovation and collaboration and a new CRM that will resolve current issues. Strong HR leadership. I have the ability to develop myself and to go out of my job description to tackle other projects to improve the processes. Great compensation plans and good vacations offered. I live in Montreal so I am against traffic both ways and easy parking in front.

Cons

A few people from the old days have lost their motivation and are not pushing towards our common goals.

Get rid of the fluffy employees that keeps the innovative and motivated ones from succeeding.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Enjoyable time in Accounting team

Former Employee - Financial Data Administrator  in  Ashford, Kent, South East England, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Financial Data Administrator in Ashford, Kent, South East England, England (UK)

I worked at 20-20-Technologies as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Welcoming Accounting team who are happy to answer any questions on that career path
    Experience using MicrosoftDynamics-AX

Cons

Origincally contracted for a month, but work only took a week.
    Poor planning as I had little to do from then on.

Increased cohesion

Technical Support

Current Employee - Support Technician  in  Laval, QC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Support Technician in Laval, QC (Canada)

I have been working at 20-20-Technologies full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

no real pros to keep employees for a long term period

Cons

very poor client service.
    customers call and wait up to 90 minutes to talk to unqualified agents. to really solve the problem the client has to cal 3-4 times if lucky to get to talk to a qualified one
    management does not know what they are doing
    software full of bugs

hire qualified technicians
    pay more money to get qualified one (not bar tenders and train them for 2 weeks and put them on the phone to answer clients who pays for a service

Not what it usued to be!!

I have been working at 20-20-Technologies full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Location is good, salary's good when you just start there.

Cons

If you've been working there for a while, salary sucks! I've been working at 20-20 for more then 15 years and and i earn less than somebody that just gets hired with absolutly no experience! It feels like they don't want to keep the old employees. It used to be a big family. Since it was sold to an american company, everything changed. Employees used to like to work at 20-20. But when you talk to them now, they all want to leave the company.

The management is not good anymore. It looks like they don't care about the employees anymore. The only thing they think about is the money in their pockets

Unfortunatly heading the wrong way...

I have been working at 20-20-Technologies full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good location on north shore of Montreal
    pretty relax atmosphere

Cons

company was purchased by an American company and now seems to lack direction
    Low salaries and benefits
    Current employees are sensing lack of direction and many (of the good ones) are jumping ship, leaving the bad ones to make things even worse.

Does the phrase ttoo many chiefs not enough indians ring a bell? In the past few years the only departments to have grown are HR & finance. Strangely, when asked for things these chiefs complain of having not enough indians... yet do nothing to fix it.

Company needs change of direction starting at the management level.

I have been working at 20-20-Technologies full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Small to mid-sized, free parking

Cons

Very little growth possibility, Upper management unfamiliar with the market, due to the fact they don't hire from within.

Start by looking at yourselves rather than cutting down low.

Dynamic working environment

I have been working at 20-20-Technologies

Pros

1. Corporate Culture
    2. Very dynamic working environment
    3. Great team members.

Cons

Long distance to travel. So it take long time to travel.

It was nice to work in 20-20 Technologies

Current Employee - Senior Software Developer  in  Dhaka (Bangladesh)
    Current Employee - Senior Software Developer in Dhaka (Bangladesh)

I have been working at 20-20-Technologies full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good team, mid management, technology

Cons

Local management is not good. Benefits below par.

Have to be updated

Worked for 20-20-Technologies? Contribute to the Community!