2020 Companies Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
2020 Companies President Steve Peters
Steve Peters

Pros
  • pay is good as long as you strive to make sales (in 6 reviews)

• the upper management believes in the company and the employees (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • The upper management DOES NOT support their managers (in 11 reviews)

• Conference calls get convoluted with motivation quotes but the intent is sound as they wish to inspire the troops with great words from great people (in 9 reviews)

1. Featured Review

Great Place To Grow

Current Employee - General Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - General Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at 2020 Companies full-time

Pros

Access to multiple area of the business, products, and program allow for huge personal and professional growth. Over the last year business has been reshaped to include working with new product categories and new programs.

Cons

Business moves very fast and our clients move faster. Must be flexible and adaptable to change

Advice to Management

Focus on engaging your team at all levels

2020 Companies Response

Aug 7, 2015 – Community Relations Specialist

Thank you for leaving a review. If you have any specific opportunities where we can engage our team, we'd love to hear from you. Community.relations@2020companies.com.

2. Little Pay but A Great Job

Current Employee - Field Sales Manager
    Current Employee - Field Sales Manager

I have been working at 2020 Companies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Developing relationships with wireless dealers. Setting your own schedule. The ability to schedule non-work related appointments during work days.

Cons

Low Pay. During launch times 6 day work weeks. Disorganization in communication. Fire-drills everyday.

Advice to Management

2 years without a raise is just unacceptable. No chance of advancement what so ever if your boss is solid. A large portion of the sales force is actively looking for employment with a high grade of pay vs the insane amount of time you have to put in.

3. Opportunity

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at 2020 Companies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

2020 Companies is a dynamic company that has opportunities for career growth. There are always new challenges and learning opportunities in my position. My manager supports me personally and professionally to meet my goals.

Cons

2020 is a dynamic company which is a great plus, however they do not always proactively anticipate changes. This causes frustration and inefficiencies as new programs are rolled out. Additionally, the company needs to improve communication between departments.

5. Pleasant atmosphere, flexible management, weekly challenges

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at 2020 Companies full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Management understands a proper work-life balance. Reasonable schedules to allow full-time employees to still attend college classes fairly reasonably. Many job opportunities are available within the company to try something different.

Cons

Relocation packages are very rare. Mileage reimbursement is significantly sub-par to the accepted national recommendation. Benefits package is expensive, even to corporate employees. Management would rather lose good employees to other companies rather than counter reasonable offers to keep highly skilled, knowledge people with great working history of the company.

Advice to Management

Reconsider mileage reimbursement to more closely align with national recommendation. Offer tuition reimbursement to the global employee base. Incremental "cost of living" raises of 4-6% to keep good employees onboard rather than losing them to other companies that pay for their experience and work ethic.

2020 is the Next Big Thing!

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at 2020 Companies full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

If you are looking for an entry level job which gives you the ability to personal grow and advance your career... 2020 is the Next Big Thing! The company focuses on personal development, career growth, rewards/recognition and being a fun place to work.

Cons

2020 is in a competitive retail sales environment, so you have to be ready to work smart and work hard to advance. If you love interacting with people and helping them, you've found home.

Advice to Management

We need to expand internationally as there are people all over the world that need to be exposed to 2020!

Fios Sales Reps

I worked at 2020 Companies full-time

Pros

Easy work. I think it is good for an entry level sales rep position. Somewhat flexible hours if your manager will work with you.

Cons

Capped commision. Commission calculated on a weekly basis not monthly so easy to cap out one week and then not cap out the next week so you get screwed by the commission structure. Have to listen to ridiculous weekly conference calls.

Advice to Management

Pay a little bit more and you will get higher quality people. If you focus on keeping the good salespeople rather then just hiring and firing all the time the company would do better.

Opportunity Abounds within Company on the Rise

Pros

Good company on the rise. Plenty of opportunity to make a big impact on many areas of the business.

Cons

Location in DFW area is somewhat isolated from other mainstream businesses.

Advice to Management

Be consistent and embrace long term sustainable growth

decent job

Pros

Good perks, easy job, very hands offs

Cons

Disorganized, very negative at times

Advice to Management

Get organized

Great Company

I worked at 2020 Companies full-time

Pros

2020 provides great training and a great culture. They create a great environment and it is on you to provide the effort.

Cons

People succeed here as long as they put in the effort.

Over Worked and Under Appreciated

I have been working at 2020 Companies full-time

Pros

I love my teammates, my department managers and some of the field leadership. There is good camaraderie amongst the "workers", regardless of department, because we are all asked to "do more with less". Environment and atmosphere is good.

Cons

"Doing more with less" is common for many of today's companies, but not at the expense of the people doing all the work or maybe that is normal. You cant keep increasing workload because you think we have "capacity" or because you are too proud to go to the CEO to ask for help. No one cares to mitigate the unrealistic demands of the clients or our managers. We are overworked, at least recognize that.

Advice to Management

Some relief would be nice, just hire a person or two more. How about an education in interpersonal communications for the field?

2020 Companies Response

Aug 19, 2015 – Community Relations Specialist

First of all, we appreciate you providing us with some great feedback. Like most companies, we have growing pains, but we are truly striving to make it a positive experience for those who have ... More

RSS Feed </> Embed