21CT

21CT Reviews

Updated Apr 24, 2014

21CT CEO Irene Williams

Irene Williams

Make your way. Do well. Do good.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Austin, TX

Pros21CT is the type of place where doers excel and successes--individual and team--are celebrated. The company is enjoying a great period of growth and opportunity, creating a lot of space for initiative and individual leadership to be demonstrated and appreciated. What's more, the industries and type of work the company does make you feel like you're working on the right side of things and contributing to societal good. That's cool.

ConsSome growing pains maturing processes, but you notice management takes these things seriously and is paying attention.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep focused for the big win.

Great culture with strong growth potential

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Austin, TX

Prosstrong sense of culture - company invests in employees and makes an effort to make it a place people want to be. examples include catered lunches, beer on fridays, organized events, monthly q&a sessions with execs, nice offices, etc. they solicit frequent feedback, are open to suggestions for improvement and seem genuinely interested in attracting and retaining high quality talent.

Consfrequent strategy changes sometimes feels like churn; some decisions seem reactionary.
    workload can be demanding at times, but i enjoy the challenge.

Fantastic professional growth opportunities at 21CT

ProsCareer growth and learning opportunities
    Smart, driven, ambitious people
    Seeing the results of your work and how it makes an impact

ConsSome growing pains, but that's to be expected for a company at this stage. It's also an opportunity to contribute new ideas and solutions.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Would not recommend working in the Engineering department

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsKitchen is stocked with soft drink and snacks.

ConsVery disfunctional teams, management turns a blind eye, executives in constant disagreement. More than one Engineer in the past 6 months became so frustrated they just packed up and quit one day, without notice and without another job.

Great company with a startup mentality

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Austin, TX

Pros21CT features an incredible culture including parties, food, and flexible work schedule. The people are great, very smart and always willing to help each other. The company is currently experiencing massive growth with its cutting edge product.

ConsHiring has somewhat outpaced the office space growth so offices are almost always shared. The company is located in multiple buildings of the office complex.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep hiring top talent and growing the company at the current pace.

Good Things at 21CT

ProsThe company tends to be employee-friendly. The company organizes activities outside of the work environment for the employees to have fun and get to know other employees. The workers get an office, not a cube.

ConsAccrued vacation time is not paid if an employee leaves or is terminated. There tends to be secrecy about changes in organization or direction.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more up front about changes; this approach will help prevent rumors.

Great place to work

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Austin, TX

ProsSmall company, great culture, collaborative teamwork.

ConsSome growing pains, but there is focus on improving the engineering processes. The future looks bright.

Great company to work for

ProsFriendly staff, tremendous opportunity for promotion. Company really does a lot to make their employees feel valued, i.e. fully stocked break room, roughly 3 catered lunches a week, fun employee events such as wine tasting tours. Good benefits and competitive salaries as well. 21CT also does a lot for the community which is great.

ConsI don't have many complaints except that work can be a bit demanding, but that is to be expected

Decent place to work

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Austin, TX

ProsSalaries are competitive, everyone gets an office, people are friendly, and free food. There are lots of open positions.

ConsWife/husband run the company so there is some interesting dynamics. Conflicting messages from upper management. I have a child and health insurance is expensive for families.

Pretty good. Interesting work.

ProsNice company with a good culture. The work is interesting.

ConsNothing too extreme; no major complaints.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Worked for 21CT? Contribute to the Community!