21st Century Systems

Be The First To
Add Photos

Not yet rated.

David Andersen

R/D work was very interesting.

Algorithm Development (Former Employee)
Honolulu, HI

I worked at 21st Century Systems full-time for more than a year

ProsI had positive experience doing R/D for SBIRs

ConsThey scaled down the company after lots of lay-offs. Not sure how stable at this point. Only a few of their many branches still open.

Advice to Senior ManagementAlways listen well to employees.

Much smaller than it was, going downhill.

I worked at 21st Century Systems full-time for more than 5 years

ProsIts a small company, so you can work really hard if you want to.

ConsPoor communication, awful salaries, business plans that rarely make sense.

Low Pay, Good Benefits, Instability

Software Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at 21st Century Systems full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThe benefits were great and from an engineering standpoint, there was much to learn and apply toward future career opportunities.

ConsThe pay was consistently well below the industry average and the company downsized significantly from where it was 5 years ago.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn to show more appreciation for your workers on a more consistent basis. Take performance reviews seriously and work on your business model.

Getting better

Omaha, NE

I worked at 21st Century Systems

ProsAt one time was a great family. Has had some bumps in the road and seems to be moving in the right direction. Time will tell

ConsUpper managment needs to prove themselves after the last few years of challenges.

Good company

Software Engineer (Former Employee)
Honolulu, HI

I worked at 21st Century Systems

ProsSmall company meant that there were opportunities to take on several responsibilities. The work environment was laid back when I worked there and we were recognized for our hard work accordingly.

ConsThe pay is a little below scale (or at least mine was). However, it's not a large corporation so it's understandable to be paid a little less.

Advice to Senior ManagementI think management that I was under did an excellent job. I can't think of anything to be critical of.

Good teams, terrible management

I worked at 21st Century Systems

ProsGreat camaraderie w/i development teams. Some really good software engineers. Supportive of new software techniques/frameworks/libraries. Good group of people.

ConsTerrible management. Few with prior relevant experience or expertise. Company has no realistic focus or objective. Poorly organized, failed communications. Org Chart is non-existent. Management secretive/deceptive on disclosing impending problems. Does not seek help or input from employees. Failed business model identified years ago, yet still not addressed. No real promotion path. Company rapidly collapsing in size. Series of ever-larger layoffs.

Advice to Senior ManagementSeek outside expert advice. Accept it. Accept that you don't know all that is needed. Seek advice from employees and act on it. Figure out a viable business model or borrow an existing one that works - FAST!

Worked for 21st Century Systems? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at 21st Century Systems reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for 21st Century Systems CEO David Andersen. All 6 reviews posted anonymously by 21st Century Systems employees.