220 Group

Updated October 28, 2014
Updated October 28, 2014
3.7

Trevor Niarchos

Amazing Company and Experience (Marketing Consultant)

Current Employee - Advanced Marketing Consultant in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Advanced Marketing Consultant in San Diego, CA

I have been working at 220 Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I was initially hired into Customer Service with 220 Group, have since been promoted a few times, and am now one of the company's Advanced Marketing Consultants. I was told in the beginning that there would be opportunity for advancement and 220 couldn't be truer to their word. As long as you put in the work you will succeed here.

The product is amazing and the best in the mortgage, insurance, and real estate industries.

The management team is easy to talk to and work with and if you have a suggestion, they will hear you out. One of the best things about my job is the freedom I am allowed, I get to innovate new marketing strategies and control my own daily calendar. If I need to spend more time off the phone doing work for clients, I am able to arrange that at my discretion and management is completely supportive as long as I hit my numbers. All of the metrics we have can be hit every month with consistency and they set you up for success.

220 likes to work hard and play hard. We go out to Padres games, Del Mar races, and do other team building events. They will offer small spiffs to help keep you motivated and build competition between co-workers such as gift cards, time off, or tickets to games. I like these spiffs since it gives me something extra to work for and is fun, in addition to base pay, commission and bonuses.

Thank you Korrie and Trevor for the opportunity and the growth I have already achieved.

Cons

We work with clients all across the United States, so we get into the office early. If you are not a morning person, there will be an adjustment.

Keep doing what you have been doing.

If you want to get into sales, this is a good place to start.

I worked at 220 Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Really fun work environment with music playing on the sales floor, daily/weekly contests, and the occasional breakfast and mimosas - or pizza and beers - for meeting team goals. They focus on value-based selling (which is an invaluable skill to have in today's sales environment), with a good product that essentially sells itself once you're able to convince someone to sit through a presentation. Great hands-on sales training, and they give you the confidence to be a closer. If you have the talent, drive and potential, they'll work with you to develop and hone your technique because they want you to be successful - your success equals their success.

The potential to make pretty decent money is there if you work hard. THIS IS NOT A JOB FOR SLACKERS. When I started here I didn't have a car, but after the CEO/owner had the "Core Values" talk with my training class I immediately set that as my goal, and I would put it up on the sales board every month (upper management is very big on setting personal goals and having visual motivators in your work space). Getting that sense of freedom and independence back was really important to me, and I did everything I could from prospecting at home, regularly studying my training info, and even staying late at work to set that last appointment or close that last deal, but in the end it paid off. After working at 220 for a little more than 6 months, I was able to take care of some financial issues and buy a pretty nice car. And the great thing was that I had the support of management the entire time, keeping me focused every day on reaching my goals.

There's a real sense of family at this company, and everyone seems to really support everyone else's successes. It's not an easy job, but if you stick it out for a while the skills you'll get from working at 220 will make you a better sales person in any future job/career.

Cons

There really wasn't a lot of professional growth in the Sales department. They had A LOT of turnover when I worked there (way too much for a small to medium-sized company in my opinion), and consequently the lack of growth in the Sales team led to zero opportunities to move up in the company after becoming a Level 3/Senior Sales Rep. If you want more responsibility or new opportunities you'll have to take the initiative, speak up and be persistent.

The company could feel a little disorganized at times, and there was a serious disconnect in communication between upper management and department managers, as well as between departments. This could sometimes make it tough to get questions answered or get the proper information because the company as a whole was not always on the same page.

They did very little to market the company, which I thought was odd seeing as they're a marketing company. At the time I worked there, the primary method sales reps were tasked with for generating new business was online prospecting and cold-calling. It took a lot of convincing (for months) from department managers before upper management would concede to utilizing other marketing tactics to generate more inbound leads for the sales reps.

Upper management talks a lot about moving the company forward, however something always seems to be getting in the way.

Recognize when you have good people on your team, and do what you can to keep them. Create more professional opportunities for employees who are willing to go above and beyond, and give them something legitimate to work towards besides bonuses and gift cards. Really listen to and trust your department managers because they have great ideas to help grow the business, do more to proactively market the company (outside of cold-calling and trade shows), and keep adding value to the product and services that you offer. 220 is a fun place to work and that's important too, however it's still a business and if you want it to grow then that's where the focus should be.

We work hard but also play hard!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at 220 Group full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I've had the opportunity to work my way up and have learned so many things I never thought I would ever need to learn. The company encourages growth and provides access to tools to help. There is a lot of coaching and support involved, and a lot of incentives to encourage everyone to go beyond the bare minimum. We work as a team, and the friendliness and togetherness at the company makes for a great environment to work in.

Cons

There are times when some employees may not all want to pull their own weight or help others. This has nothing to do with the company, and management has done a good job of finding employees who all want to go above and beyond to help out. It is a fast paced environment, and it is a MUST to be able to think things through and trouble shoot.

Great time working here. Always had a good atmosphere in the office and lead by a great president and sales manager.

Former Employee - Sales Marketing Consultant in San Diego, CA

I worked at 220 Group full-time (less than an year)

Pros

the management was always doing things to motivate us (contests, bonuses, prizes and team get togethers). Working here had more of a family atmosphere because we all looked out for each other. The president was very passionate and although may have come on strong at times we all knew he meant nothing but the best. i felt like i can talk to him more about work and he helped me get some personal issues at the time as well.

Cons

Sometimes things would be slow and the day would drag on.

Keep it up. i had so much fun working for you guys now that i look back on it. Thanks Trevor and Matt you helped me improve in so many aspects that is now helping me in my current job.

Great company, excellent product, really fun place to work

I worked at 220 Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

-- Customers love the product, check out the testimonials page on the 220 website
    -- Company has been around for almost 10 years and has a solid reputation in the mortgage, insurance and real estate industries. This leads to a good amount of inbound leads and customer referrals (easy deals)
    -- Excellent sales training. The CEO was a top notch salesperson in the industry before he started 220 and gives phenomenal training to his employees
    -- Very good pay if you put in the effort and follow the training
    -- Attainable Quota. I was a very junior salesperson before starting there it took me a couple months to hit my bonus, but once I did, I never missed my bonus. I saw others hit their bonus sooner in their tenure.
    -- Work hard, play hard atmosphere. I made some great friends and went to some great company parties. If you get the job, don't miss the Christmas party.
    -- Very good place to work and a very good resume builder if you put in the time and effort and take your job somewhat seriously

Cons

For the sales team, you have to put in the effort they suggest and will face some rejection like any sales job. Very worth it if you do.

Keep doing what you are doing. You've created a great training program for new employees, a really good product that keeps getting better, and a really fun workplace atmosphere.

Sales Consultant

I worked at 220 Group

Pros

Laid back. Cool people. Easy, brainless work. No degree needed. Yes there are smart people there, but if you're looking to start a career, this is not the place. Excellent spot to start, however.

Cons

Read the other bad reviews. They are spot on. The downsides of working here are as follows, but certainly are not limited to:

- Severe lack of professionalism. The president kicks, screams, and throws fits more than he manages his employees like he should be doing. He's more interested in the depth of his pockets than the morale and longevity of his workforce.

- False job posting. You were promised base + commission + bonus. If you miss your bonus by even a hair, you get nothing but your base salary. Not even "commission". Just hourly pay that's around minimum wage. In the interview you are promised opportunity to make soooo much money and intracompany growth. False. The harder you work, the higher your goals are raised. Still, if you miss your goals by a hair, you get nothing more than a poor pay check and a "good try, maybe next month". It is pretty pathetic that the interview includes ample opportunities for $20 gift cards and snacks (if you win) as part of the salary payout.

- No attention to employees. There is a reason why people get up and walk out. Upper management puts too much focus on his pocket, and not his employees. Giving them alcohol and gift cards does not give them pride and value for being an employee. There is such a lack of professionalism and sense of future career, that people genuinely do not care to just stand up and leave. Who would do that in a real career?? Is this not a sign that you guys need to change?

- Rules are made on the fly. You feel like you work in a classroom

- You are told one thing by the person who has trained you. One person you can respect. Then the president tells you to do the exact opposite and whines about it and/or down grades you

Re evaluate your work structure. Take some management classes.

Amazing Growing Experience

Former Employee - Advanced Marketing Consultant in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Advanced Marketing Consultant in San Diego, CA

I worked at 220 Group full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I began is the Sales Department and was promoted to Advanced Marketing Consultant shortly after. I immersed myself in the 220 culture and loved it. 220 Marketing Group is truly a team. I am incredibly appreciative of the opportunity to have working with such a talented group of individuals. As a Marketing Consultant I worked closely with our client base taking marketing appointment and customer service calls. This job was very challenging but has proved to be the best professional experience I could have asked for. I honed in on my customer service and creative thinking skills. Organizing is not my strong suit but I feel I have improved on it by working at 220.
    Upper management is dedicated to your success. I owe a lot of praise and appreciation to the Marketing Director who took me under her wing to show me the ropes. In the end I found that I should be working towards my passions; animals and nature. I would replace my experience with 220 Marketing Group for anything...even a job in a field of my passion.

Cons

It is a very fast paced environment in the Marketing and Customer Service Departments. If you can't keep up you'll get lost in the shuffle. The ability to multitask is incredibly important. There are many things you need to keep track of. It is Important to NOT BE A YES MAN in a customer service or marketing position. If you are a pushover, toughen up if you want to work here.

Hire another Advanced Marketing Consultant. The work loan is calls for 4 Marketing Consultants especially if you want to increace your client base.

Outstanding experience

I worked at 220 Group full-time

Pros

Working with 220 has given me some of the best professional experience I've had so far. They take time to develop their sales team and each manager has a different style- meaning they can filter the message to you the way you need to hear it. I learned better multitasking and organizational skills than I did all throughout college. The 220 sales process does not re-invent the wheel and they give you the tools to succeed. The compensation structure is very fair and rewards top performers. Management places a huge emphasis on having fun and keeping everyone laughing throughout the day. They also had fun contests and prizes throughout the day. That is something you cannot find anywhere else. Most of all, their marketing system is a great product that produces results . I felt good offering what I knew to be the best system available on the internet. I truly enjoyed my time at 220. The CEO has a clear vision for the company's growth and I would expect the company to continue to expand exponentially.

Cons

You have to be the right type of person to enjoy this field. If you are afraid of a little rejection or talking to people then you will not do well. But getting over that initial fear helped me grow as a person in the long run.

Continue to do what you are doing

Great Place to Work

I worked at 220 Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

220 marketing was a phenomenal place to work. I'm certain I learned more about selling at 220 than I could have almost anywhere else. Also, the people I worked with were awesome including the CEO, managers, and everyone else in different departments. I've made some great friends and connections by working there. Lastly, the product/service offering is one that you can feel really good about selling. Customers of 220 are equipped with great tools and marketing support and a lot of the customers I signed on as clients gave me great feedback about the success they saw after joining 220.

Cons

220 is the definition of a work hard, play hard atmosphere. There is tons of training and help for people who work hard and want to do well there. The job can be challenging, but if you put enough effort in you will be rewarded well monetarily, and the company parties they throw are also second to none.

Management will not sugarcoat what you need to work on to succeed and I've seen that rub people the wrong way. If you are open to feedback and soaking in the training they are willing and able to provide it is very, very valuable.

Great place to work, lots to learn and it ain't no walk in the park

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in San Diego, CA

I worked at 220 Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

- The company culture is great. Everyone is super nice.
    - Great work schedule.
    - Awesome leadership. I loved working and learning from my managers.
    - Great product. Easy to sell because it makes sense and it does what we told customers it was supposed to.
    - Learned a lot. A lot of the things I learned at 220 Group as far as selling and how to talk to customers and build relationships, I use at my job today.

Cons

- It took people in my class a while to learn the product. There's definitely a learning curve that goes with working here. Even if you have sales experience, don't expect to pick up on everything right away. The managers really focus on value based selling and that means you have to put time into learning everything. Sometimes that means some extra reading after work.

More inbound leads.