220 Group Reviews

Trevor Niarchos

Opportunity for advancement

Current Employee - Director of Client Services
    Current Employee - Director of Client Services

I have been working at 220 Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I started working at 220 6 years ago this October. I was told by the CEO that there would be an opportunity for me to grow and start a career path. Coming from a pretty bad company, I assumed it was another promise by an owner that would be a lie. Well, I couldn't have been more wrong with that assumption. I started as a marketing consultant within a couple of months, I was the customer service supervisor. Every year I worked at 220 I was promoted, I am now the Director of Client Service. With every promotion I got no less than a 10% raise. I can confidently say that our employees receive the same types of advancements. If you come to work ready to put 110% in, you will get promoted and given raises. If you want to do the bare minimum, then you will more than likely never get promoted.

Cons

If you are used to working for a company that is consistently micro managing you and you need that to succeed, then you will not make it at 220. There are times that there are no managers around and it is up to make the best decision and to work as hard as you would if you were being micro managed. It is a laid back environment which can confuse some employees, but at the end of the day you need to hit your metrics. The training is short for any position at 220, it is up to you to make sure you are asking questions otherwise we will move quickly. At first it would be best for you to study the manual at home. If you are willing to put in the work and time to be successful, you will be successful at 220, but you have to want it for yourself!

Advice to Management

220 has a lot of employees who have been at 220 for 5+ years, we have seen the company grow and have grown too. All employees invested a significant amount of time and dedication to the success of the company. I think if 220 added additional benefits such as a 401k. Because so many employees have grown with 220, we are starting to see more and more families, I think taking the time to look at some of the policies that directly affect them and potentially change them will show that 220 is willing to invest in their employees as they invest into the company.

2. Tough, and More Rewarding than any Job I've Had!

Former Employee - Sales Executive in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Executive in San Diego, CA

I worked at 220 Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Commissions - the job paid as promised. I was hesitant going in because there are so many "sales" jobs here in SD, but this one had a promising energy and really paid off! I learned more in our one week training than I had in 3 years at my previous job (Ashford Unv). The owners passion definitely kept us on point wanting to learn more, and sell better. To this day, it's by far the toughest job I've ever had, but I know there's no way I'd be where I am today had I not learned how to sell the way Trevor, the owner, taught me how to. Even though it seemed like a laid back sells environment at first, we all were always so motivated, and we had a lot of fun competing. It was bittersweet to leave, but had a once in a lifetime opportunity to travel and had to jump on it! When I move back to SD, I'll be reapplying! I'm happy to see 220 is still going strong and dominating the industry!

Cons

The 7am-4pm shift. I don't do mornings. Fast training as well. During training I felt a bit behind because the whole industry was so new to me. Looking back I'm glad it was only a week so I could get on the floor and make some money, but at the time I did feel like I was behind while everyone else in training seemed up to par.

Advice to Management

My only recommendation would be to test out shift changes for those of us who would prefer to sleep in like normal people lol. Also, I'd recommend for the owner to start doing public speaking! There were so many times we were grumpy at 7am, but he had a way of getting us going.

3. Rad pace to work!!!

Current Employee - Advanced Marketing in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Advanced Marketing in San Diego, CA

I have been working at 220 Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Awesome atmosphere, a really fun place to work. I was super new to the industry and had not worked in the filed before and the training process made me feel like an expert. I started in customer support and had opportunities to work my way up into an advanced marketing position. The people working here seem to genuinely enjoy coming to work everyday. 220 Group also likes to reward their employees for loyalty and they make it a really fun place to work. Would absolutely recommend this to anyone who is looking for a fun place to work, with good opportunities for growth.

Cons

I wish I would have applied here sooner!

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

Tread Lightly.

I worked at 220 Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The only Pro I can quantify from working here was meeting the previous VP, Andrew as well as the previous Business Development head, Rosa. Their mentorship and coaching was the direct reason I soon became 220's top producer for 14 straight months annihilating quotas and crushing it. I assure you though, I was only one of many 'Lebron James' types to grace their office with my presence.

Cons

It was all a con. Con as in a bait and switch, con as in a false ideal to strive for, con as in lying about really caring about people. No true desire to build a team or culture in the sales department which is the only way to move forward and really build a company. It got so bad I walked away from as the top producer leaving behind a well established, and fruitful book of business. Any review painting a flawless picture of this place should be indication enough for anyone that it is not.

Advice to Management

Pay attention to reviews and true feelings about previous employees, it may help you really turn the business around Trevor. Seriously, take a lesson in humility and turn this ship around and you wont have to deal with disheartening, but valid, reviews anymore and turn your business into something real that people will love to work at.

Aug 14, 2015 – Director of Client Services

We are unsure where this is coming from since Andrew and Rose have not been here for over 3 years. Due to reviews like this and others, we have retained counsel to deal with this ridiculous ... More

Incredibly hellish place to work...if they call it a workplace

Pros

Promises of Nirvana. Promises of Advancement. Frat work Atmosphere that belies nothing to come within 24hours of starting there.

Cons

Awful Company and awful company pratices. Amazing that a company like this can eke out a living at all. The model appears to be an ever revolving door of Employees who are screamed at, cajoled, coerced, demeaned. The rules change all the time. There is a breakdown of the all the proper rules of employment including sexual harassment of women, invasion of personal space, unreasonable work demands. Petty fights in the name of teaching people their jobs. The President Trevor Nachos( I said Nachos) is a utterly out of his mind personal ego driven megalomaniac. He is convinced he knows everything and runs around like a little boy kicking, screaming and being extremely unprofessional. If you can possibly imagine a tantruming 3 yr old on a playground. That's what you got here. The rules change daily adversely toward the employees. The whole company is based on social media conventions exponentially expanded to imply all kinds of things that is an exaggeration of the actual reality preying on the ignorance & culpability of their quarries lack of knowledge in the internet arena. In short this is all mostly a scam. The scam reqiures that they go through an inexhaustible supply of employees in their sales dept. In this regard Nacho cares nothing abot the Sales people and any sustainabilty as there is really no sustainabilty to this model once the quarry(client) figures it out after a year or more of spending monthly fees of over $100 for their so called virtual office. Its essentially a monthly collection fee scam. The product is tangential and marginal as to its benefit. Nacho rules by Machiavellian methods and tries every which way barely within the the law and outside the law to exert as much influence in controlling the flow of the scam. The second page of this Glassdoor review actually gives people that work there a clearer picture of what its like to work there. I am convinced myself tht Nacho him self writes all the glowing reviews here. It is so obvious that it is sickening. Every glowing review starts with 'Great" Place to work. He has personally filled it with 5 star reviews to counteract the truth of the midden he works and employs people in. You have to to remember that what this company sells for a living is social media and internet presence so he can sit there all day(and he does) with his minions and write countless false testimonies just to statiscally raise his ratings with Glassdoor. If you are attentive enough you can see how he uses the same verbiage as an Owner of a company would use. Downright pathetic. Even someone that does not know him will spot his similar use encouragement rah rah and defensive language sprinkled in all appraisals. The pay here is pathetic and they do everything possible to create infractions to minimize or prevent people from making commissions/bonus. They treat people like chattel. You'd think it was kindegarten as they are absolutely convinced there has to be all that hand holding so they teach you exactly how to succeed word by word, hand gesture by hand gesture, restroom run by restrrom run facebook post by social media post. Their top sales people are treated with the same disdain & disregard so it often costs them their bonuses as well. Their book of Infractions and their demerit program is the biggest I have ever seen in my career. This alone ought to tip you off that you are not meant to last there or earn money of any significance. This post can just go on & on

Advice to Management

Nachos Silent Partner Uncle that lives in Vegas should look for another President and demote Trevor. The place is no longer a start up but still absolutely looks like one and is run like it just started last month or 2 ago. But really the best advice for this place is to ignore it and find another job cleaning bathrooms if you can

Aug 14, 2015 – Director of Client Services

I can confidently say that no employee here at 220 feels the way that this review is articulating. It's pretty apparent that the same individual is writing these negative reviews. We have retained ... More

7. 220...Couldn't be happier being here

I have been working at 220 Group full-time

Pros

220 has a great training program and a lot of big business potential. We work as a team and we're always growing! We just took over the entire 3rd floor in our building and we might out grow it faster than it took for us to move in. I love working here!

Cons

Not everyone working here understands the true potential of this company and what a blessing it is to be a part of it. And they wear that negativity on their sleeve for everyone to see. That kind of indifference can damage the general spirit of an otherwise positive environment.

Advice to Management

This is business. If an employee's already one foot out the door...it's only a matter of time before they'll get to steppin. Don't spend too much time on trying to convince them to stay. And, quite frankly, a company can only thrive on positive energy from people who actually want to be here.

Please take a minute to read the reviews on page 2 at the bottom. They are very legitimate and honest reviews.

Former Employee - Marketing Consultant for Over A Year
    Former Employee - Marketing Consultant for Over A Year

I worked at 220 Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

220 do have the best online marketing for mortgage/realty co’s. There’s no mortgage website that comes close. I worked VERY hard and thoroughly enjoyed working with my clients. The downside? The good is grossly outweighed by it.

Cons

(BTW, I did this job for just under 2yrs and only stayed because I had a high mortgage to pay and as the top salesperson I earned $43,000 in my best year!) It's a great training ground to get into sales but the expectations are very high, TOO high. They promise the harder you work the more you earn. That isn’t true. The harder you work - the more the goals go up. In 14 or 15 months the quarterly goals went up by a massive 30% and that’s a fact. Turnover was excessively high. I was told that the money to make improvements in technology had to come from somewhere! Great incentive. The worst about 220? The main man doesn’t play well with others. He’s a very clever guy, great with numbers and finances but should NOT be managing people, and I mean ever. Happy and laughing and joking, then the next minute screaming and shouting and slamming the door. He rewarded and reprimanded for all the wrong reasons. If you were a 'looker' or 'cool' you were given an easy ride but if you didn't fit into that clique ... he's on your case, even if you were consistently the TOP sales person each and every month AND had the lowest number of cancelations AND had the best customer retention. Seriously, and in no way vindictively ... be warned. When I was there 220 made up the rules on a daily basis depending on the situation - one day you thought you were doing the right thing - the next day you were in big trouble.

Advice to Management

My advice? The longer the company is established, the more staff will come and go, the more the word will spread. (If you don't believe that the previous glowing reviews were not written by the CEO then give it a try, it's a great place to work, lol) The biggest problem is the lack of integrity and respect shown to employee’s, yet the same is demanded by managers. No one can expect to receive what they don’t give. If decisions and rewards were based on results, ethics and truth, people would only have good things to say in the future. As for pay, there’s a great Southern saying “Good ain’t cheap and cheap ain’t good”. Here's another, a company driven by ego is likely being driven in the wrong direction. Why not try something different; like sanity, awareness and gratitude. Why? Because, yes, people need jobs BUT an employee only needs one good job. A company needs 20+ good employees.

Feb 5, 2015 – President

In response to this review, I would like to point out a number of major discrepancies from what is being claimed and actual 220 Marketing practices. This reviewer is clearly not familiar with ... More

Amazing Company and Experience (Marketing Consultant)

Current Employee - Advanced Marketing Consultant in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Advanced Marketing Consultant in San Diego, CA

I have been working at 220 Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I was initially hired into Customer Service with 220 Group, have since been promoted a few times, and am now one of the company's Advanced Marketing Consultants. I was told in the beginning that there would be opportunity for advancement and 220 couldn't be truer to their word. As long as you put in the work you will succeed here. The product is amazing and the best in the mortgage, insurance, and real estate industries. The management team is easy to talk to and work with and if you have a suggestion, they will hear you out. One of the best things about my job is the freedom I am allowed, I get to innovate new marketing strategies and control my own daily calendar. If I need to spend more time off the phone doing work for clients, I am able to arrange that at my discretion and management is completely supportive as long as I hit my numbers. All of the metrics we have can be hit every month with consistency and they set you up for success. 220 likes to work hard and play hard. We go out to Padres games, Del Mar races, and do other team building events. They will offer small spiffs to help keep you motivated and build competition between co-workers such as gift cards, time off, or tickets to games. I like these spiffs since it gives me something extra to work for and is fun, in addition to base pay, commission and bonuses. Thank you Korrie and Trevor for the opportunity and the growth I have already achieved.

Cons

We work with clients all across the United States, so we get into the office early. If you are not a morning person, there will be an adjustment.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you have been doing.

10. If you want to get into sales, this is a good place to start.

I worked at 220 Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Really fun work environment with music playing on the sales floor, daily/weekly contests, and the occasional breakfast and mimosas - or pizza and beers - for meeting team goals. They focus on value-based selling (which is an invaluable skill to have in today's sales environment), with a good product that essentially sells itself once you're able to convince someone to sit through a presentation. Great hands-on sales training, and they give you the confidence to be a closer. If you have the talent, drive and potential, they'll work with you to develop and hone your technique because they want you to be successful - your success equals their success. The potential to make pretty decent money is there if you work hard. THIS IS NOT A JOB FOR SLACKERS. When I started here I didn't have a car, but after the CEO/owner had the "Core Values" talk with my training class I immediately set that as my goal, and I would put it up on the sales board every month (upper management is very big on setting personal goals and having visual motivators in your work space). Getting that sense of freedom and independence back was really important to me, and I did everything I could from prospecting at home, regularly studying my training info, and even staying late at work to set that last appointment or close that last deal, but in the end it paid off. After working at 220 for a little more than 6 months, I was able to take care of some financial issues and buy a pretty nice car. And the great thing was that I had the support of management the entire time, keeping me focused every day on reaching my goals. There's a real sense of family at this company, and everyone seems to really support everyone else's successes. It's not an easy job, but if you stick it out for a while the skills you'll get from working at 220 will make you a better sales person in any future job/career.

Cons

There really wasn't a lot of professional growth in the Sales department. They had A LOT of turnover when I worked there (way too much for a small to medium-sized company in my opinion), and consequently the lack of growth in the Sales team led to zero opportunities to move up in the company after becoming a Level 3/Senior Sales Rep. If you want more responsibility or new opportunities you'll have to take the initiative, speak up and be persistent. The company could feel a little disorganized at times, and there was a serious disconnect in communication between upper management and department managers, as well as between departments. This could sometimes make it tough to get questions answered or get the proper information because the company as a whole was not always on the same page. They did very little to market the company, which I thought was odd seeing as they're a marketing company. At the time I worked there, the primary method sales reps were tasked with for generating new business was online prospecting and cold-calling. It took a lot of convincing (for months) from department managers before upper management would concede to utilizing other marketing tactics to generate more inbound leads for the sales reps. Upper management talks a lot about moving the company forward, however something always seems to be getting in the way.

Advice to Management

Recognize when you have good people on your team, and do what you can to keep them. Create more professional opportunities for employees who are willing to go above and beyond, and give them something legitimate to work towards besides bonuses and gift cards. Really listen to and trust your department managers because they have great ideas to help grow the business, do more to proactively market the company (outside of cold-calling and trade shows), and keep adding value to the product and services that you offer. 220 is a fun place to work and that's important too, however it's still a business and if you want it to grow then that's where the focus should be.

11. We work hard but also play hard!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at 220 Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I've had the opportunity to work my way up and have learned so many things I never thought I would ever need to learn. The company encourages growth and provides access to tools to help. There is a lot of coaching and support involved, and a lot of incentives to encourage everyone to go beyond the bare minimum. We work as a team, and the friendliness and togetherness at the company makes for a great environment to work in.

Cons

There are times when some employees may not all want to pull their own weight or help others. This has nothing to do with the company, and management has done a good job of finding employees who all want to go above and beyond to help out. It is a fast paced environment, and it is a MUST to be able to think things through and trouble shoot.

RSS Feed </> Embed