2359 Media

2359media.com

2359 Media Reviews

Updated Jun 9, 2014

Young and creative company growing up fast

Project Manager (Current Employee) Singapore (Singapore)

ProsVery flat structure - you will find the directors sitting among the teammates, having meals and snacks with them, and most importantly, opening up a lot of decision-making to the employees. As an employee here, I feel empowered and responsible for my work - though it also means you won't get to hide and be anonymous - you need to be directly accountable and be in charge of your work and career. If you are the type who takes pride in your work, then this is a great place to be.

There is close to no politics here - most employees, including the founders, are still very young, and you get the sense that everyone is in this together, exploring new frontiers and learning and growing together. That is not to say that there won't be any politics as the company grows bigger with more people - but this place is as good as it gets when it comes down to no-nonsense and no-backstabbing culture.

ConsOffice can get crowded sometimes, and different teams sometimes have to queue for precious meeting rooms time. But that's changing, as the company is getting another office soon.

Training and on-boarding for new employees need more work as there are not much orientation and structured training - but people are generally open to guiding and teaching you and showing you the rope.

Easy and relaxing job

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Singapore (Singapore)

ProsPay, workload and worklife balance are okay. The people are nice and cheerful.

ConsCompensation is okay if you’re a fresh graduate. Benefits are practically nonexistent.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter benefits

All you ever wanted in an internship

User Experience Intern (Current Employee) Singapore (Singapore)

ProsFlexible working hours
    Amazing welfare
    A lot of room and freedom for self learning in any area you are interested in
    Friendly people
    Lots of brilliant, creative and knowledgeable minds
    Nurturing environment
    Numerous company events and also self-initiated events
    Huge work tables
    Lots of projects rolling in all the time

ConsThings can get a little messy in office (but everyone's only human)
    Pantry food can run out real quick sometimes! (we all love to eat)
    There can be a certain air of cold silence as everyone mostly plugs in to their own computer

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Engaging

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Tanjong Pagar (Singapore)

ProsSteep learning bell curve, able to learn a lot and everyone in the company are all very willing to teach and share.

Family like culture and we get different events every month to try something new.

Also the company takes the bottom up approach hence you're able to set your own goals and discuss with your superiors.

ConsDon't expect anyone to spoon feed you. Working here requires a lot initiative.

Ask and you will learn

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Singapore (Singapore)

ProsEveryone is so insanely talented and you can really learn loads working with them. They trust their interns enough to entrust them with responsibilities, letting them learn through experience and treating them like a full-timer. Everyone is passionate in their job, making it a pleasant working environment.

ConsYou need to have self-initiative.

Autonomy and freedom to learn

ProsManagement plays great emphasis on personal development and lets employee explore his/her interests

ConsCompany expanding rather quickly and it is possible that you might feel quite neglected

Awesome company to work for

Slave (Current Employee) Singapore (Singapore)

ProsWorking with smart people and the wholesome feeling that everything is open.

ConsWork can be stressful, so it is important to sound out when work is just too much.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to listen and give due credit to people's work.

Flexible, Flat Management, Majority of work in software consulting

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Singapore (Singapore)

Pros- Flexible working policies
    - Lots of experience to do software consulting.
    - Flat management structure, which means that the leaders of the organization could have a direct conversation with the staff regarding anything (from day-to-day operations to product development, and software consulting).
    - Most of the employees are young, so you can expect to meet more dynamic individuals.

Cons- Sometimes there are just too much consulting work to do.
    - There's no clear vision regarding career advancement, because it's a relatively young company, and most of the work are done by small teams doing consulting, not a large team building a specific product or service.
    - If you're a seasoned software engineer, expect to meet more fresh graduates, and inexperienced software engineers.

Self-learn and be creative to get a life there.

Developer Intern (Former Employee)

Pros-flexible working hours as long as you finish your job.
    -career promotion as you risk yourself taking on new projects and make it successful.
    -freedom in making decision.
    -less supervision

Cons-office place doesn't really have privacy.
    -sometimes, your colleagues seem so unprofessional.
    -most of the time, you feel dissatisfied being at such a workplace.
    -your supervisor is not there to instruct or teach you.
    -you will be making your decision alone and got scolded when your boss arrives office at 1 or 2 pm and finds your decision wrong.

Advice to Senior ManagementN/A

Designer

Designer (Current Employee) Singapore (Singapore)

ProsGood technologies to work on

ConsSmall office but have heard they are getting a bigger one

Advice to Senior ManagementGetting a new office

Worked for 2359 Media? Contribute to the Community!