24 Hour Fitness

24 Hour Fitness Reviews

Updated Jul 17, 2014

24 Hour Fitness CEO Elizabeth Blair

Elizabeth Blair

Pros
  • With employment here you get a free gym membership(in 131 reviews)

• Hourly pay is in line with other positions, free gym membership(in 65 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management positions are replaced almost monthly if a club is below average(in 25 reviews)

• I worked there for years, and the only raise I ever got was when minimum wage went up(in 23 reviews)

Their marketing tactics are stuck in the stone age!

MEMBERSHIP COUNSELOR (Former Employee)

ProsGreat relations you make with members and co workers.

ConsUnorganized management and poor training. If you are not comfortable bugging members for friend referrals or tracking people down on the street to drag them into the gym, which is referred to as (Street Hustle), then stay far away from this position. You would have thought their marketing tactics had progressed since the stone age!

Advice to Senior ManagementImplement sales strategies that actually work.

Club manager

Club Manager (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsHelping people attain improved levels of fitness, coaching and teaching team members!

ConsAll about the numbers!!! They say people are important however it is always the numbers!!!

Advice to Senior ManagementWork on people development not nearly metrics and tactics people are any companies greatest resource, make visits and interactions more about people and leadership!

A fun place to work

Financial Analyst (Former Employee) San Ramon, CA

ProsGoing to work here was fun. Everyone was young at heart and there was a big focus on employee satisfaction. We were encourage to take a long lunch in order to work out. This made it less difficult to work long hours when needed.

ConsSome of the upper management didn't seem qualified to run a large corporation.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone, I was happy with it.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Overall Great

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Pros-Fun place to work
    -great for networking
    -learn how to run a business first hand
    While I was there, I met some amazing people and developed great friendships. I also learned so much about sales and how to implement processes to run a business efficiently.

Cons-The pay. You cant have a hardcore sales structure on a low hourly wage
    -Too many politics. The higher you go up in management the more it feels like high school with cliques, etc
    -department heads have very little wiggle room to manage

Advice to Senior ManagementThe few d-bags that hated working are no longer there and for good reasons. All other management has done great.

Can be better~

Personal Trainer II (Former Employee) Hasbrouck Heights, NJ

ProsSince 24 Hr Fitness gym offers more amenities than other local smaller gyms, it attracts many people to join and that means there are more potential for PT to find new clients.

ConsPT Managers are not as helpful as you will find and they care more about meeting the monthly sales quota more than PT development and skills.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo more hands on training with the PT under you and give them more incentives if they meet their monthly sales quota.

Good place to work, but limited opportunity

Service Representative (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsFree membership, good benefits, mostly enjoyable co-workers and customers.

ConsThe pay is not that great unless you're a personal trainer, or Manager in on the various departments.

Great learning experience. Would not recommend for career.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Proshours. benefits. atmosphere. commission. environment

Consmanagement. lack of clientele will to pay such high fees. Company expects you to work off the clock to implement plans.

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow employees to work more hours without clients to better prepare workout plans.

Great Place to work

Sales Representative (Former Employee)

ProsEveryone there is super nice and friendly
    a lot of room for advancement
    management is awesome

Consthere are not a lot of cons but the job is stressful especially if not meting sales requirements

My experience here at 24 was amazing, I loved seeing people satisfied and motivated about their health.

Service Lead (Former Employee) Greenacres, FL

ProsHere at 24, you get a chance to see and help people accomplish the health goals as well as set some for yourself. You have a team that works together to ensure a clean, friendly and well-maintained gym.

ConsSome of the challenges can be the hours of working. If someone doesn't show for their shift you maybe called in for that shift which could be overnight.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy only advice would be to make sure the kids club attendants are more involved with the successes of the gym and well as the company.

a great to work at while in college

Prosthe job is easy without stress, depending on good you are at selling.

Consthere is high turnover and no commission

Advice to Senior Managementit seems mangagememnt onl y onnsd

Worked for 24 Hour Fitness? Contribute to the Community!