24 Hour Fitness

24 Hour Fitness CEO Elizabeth Blair

Elizabeth Blair

14 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

The Leader in the Fitness industry

Club Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at 24 Hour Fitness full-time for more than 10 years

ProsHas all of the tools you need in 24 HOUR FITNESS University to be successful. Has made easier to become members.

ConsSome of the changes in leadership the last year to save took away most of the people that help develop the company over the last 15 years. A lot of the members and employees mourned the loss of the ones they respected highly that didn't receive a fair shake.

Advice to Senior ManagementA lot of decisions were made without the employees and member input. Listen to the staff and members to contribute to the success of the company.

Overall a great place to work!

Personal Trainer III (Current Employee)
Sugar Land, TX

I have been working at 24 Hour Fitness part-time for less than a year

ProsAs a PT, I am able to set my own schedule and do not feel micro managed from the Fitness Manager or Club Manager. I basically am my own boss. Also, this company appears to promote from within so there are many opportunities to advance your career.

ConsI wish there was more communication from the Fitness Manager and more of a team environment with the other personal trainers.

Advice to Senior ManagementFitness Manager should be more of a leader and have team meetings geared towards increasing sales.

24 Hour Fitness was a good opportunity for me and helped me learn some new skills and gained customer service experience

Service Lead (Former Employee)
Baytown, TX

I worked at 24 Hour Fitness full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat atmosphere, great benefits and nice co-workers, good products, awesome trainers, and good pay.

ConsNot enough hours or pay and some rude members

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more courteous to employees

HUGE company, TINY paychecks.

Kid's Club Attendant (Former Employee)

I worked at 24 Hour Fitness part-time for more than 3 years

ProsFor me, the location was convenient and the flexibility of scheduling were the two reasons I stayed. Also, employees get a free membership as well as a family member. You also make friends with some of the other employees.

ConsFor such a large company, it is surprising that most of the employees are paid minimum wage. I worked there for years, and the only raise I ever got was when minimum wage went up. The managers were constantly talking behind other employee's backs, which was very annoying. Honestly, it wouldn't be TOO bad of a company to work for if the pay went up.

Great Place to Work

Kids Club Attendant (Former Employee)
League City, TX

I worked at 24 Hour Fitness part-time for less than a year

ProsThe relationships you build with the members and the staff...
The opportunity to grow... The job is not hard at all as long as you just enjoy people...

ConsThe pay was ok...
I was only hired to work part time in the Kids Club and there were many mornings where other employees would not show up and I would be the only person watching the kids...

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't be so hard on the older people that come to work for you... Especially mothers with small children who don't have that many babysitters... That mother is working hard to provide for her family and if the situation arises where she has to call in to care for her young child... Don't act like she's just calling in to get out of work... She really needs the money!!

love it!!!!

Assistant Membership Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at 24 Hour Fitness part-time for more than a year

Prosgood money and chances to move up in the company and grow your career. The employees are very nice.

ConsThey go by your performance but also by who you know. If you know the right people you will make more money and move up way faster than others.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay more money

Great company with solid leadership focused on helping people improve their lives through fitness.

Club Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at 24 Hour Fitness full-time for more than 5 years

ProsCompetitive value driven company that is striving to become a more team member and customer centric organization to improve customer experience and business results.
Competitive pay and upside with solid performance.

ConsCurrently going though a major undertaking of bringing all business units up to higher quality brand standards which was not done during prior early exponential growth phase..can lead to frustration from customers and team members since it wouldn't make financial sense to bring every unit up to standard at one time.

Advice to Senior ManagementStay the course and continue to expand empowerment to business unit managers to run their businesses.

They will work you until you are almost dead...then work you more while you are on life support

Service Lead (Former Employee)

I worked at 24 Hour Fitness part-time for less than a year

ProsFree gym membership, you can wear shorts to work, other employees are generally relaxed and upbeat

ConsExtensive amount of work, extremely low pay (minimum wage), they do not follow up on their promises. Waste of time if you have a college degree.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay employees more. Hire more than one person to work the front desk at a time at busy locations.

Loyalty means nothing after 12 years

Health Club Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at 24 Hour Fitness full-time for more than 10 years

Prosfun, engaging atmosphere
great way to be engaged within your community
ever changing environment
great for those who want to lead, manage, and grow with a solid company

Consentry level, young staff - must continue to motivate and encourage
entry level pay for staff is low, unless you are a PT
club management position (my position) makes for long hours 10+ per day

Advice to Senior ManagementDistrict managers in Houston, Texas (only place I worked) need to show better support to club management staff during times of uncertainty. I lost my job after another employee admitted to falsifying documents that he turned into me. This was my first major offense in 12 years! no warning, no coaching, no documentation.

Get your feet wet

Personal Trainer (Former Employee)

I worked at 24 Hour Fitness part-time for less than a year

ProsGain in experience making calls, face to face sales, and servicing. Free gym membership. Opportunity to learn.

ConsInappropriate and immature staff. Terrible management from day one. Advancement means spending money on more certifications to get a raise. Most fitness managers go back to being a trainer because there is more money.

Advice to Senior ManagementManage something.

Worked for 24 Hour Fitness? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at 24 Hour Fitness reviews and ratings in Houston, TX — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for 24 Hour Fitness CEO Elizabeth Blair. All 14 reviews posted anonymously by 24 Hour Fitness employees.