24 Hour Fitness

24 Hour Fitness CEO Elizabeth Blair

Elizabeth Blair

2 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Good for anyone new

Master Personal Trainer (Current Employee)
    San Carlos, CA

ProsThis job is great for anyone new to personal training. Clients are given to you most of time and you have the potential of making anywhere from 12-35 dollars an hour counting commission. If you work full-time benefits are offered such as vacation and health. People you work with are in there 20's to 30's and full of energy. Everyone generally gets along unless you have a really bad manager.

ConsI have been at 24 Hour fitness awhile now and I have only seen benefits taken away. There use to be a lot of competitions to get sales up. We use to get paid even higher hourly but we swapped for this new system in 2006 that wants you to be a salesmen instead of a trainer. Management usually fails to recognize great performance and the only thing telling you "good job" is your check.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo more for your employees and raise the wage rates.

Position completely isolated from the rest of the gym and company

Kid's Club Attendant (Current Employee)
    San Carlos, CA

Pros-Easy and predictable work hours
    -Can be fun if you like kids

Cons-Poor pay
    -Almost complete lack of communication with co-workers and management
    -Can be very un-stimulating
    -Difficult to cover shifts and even cover breaks.

Advice to Senior ManagementInclude the Kid's Club Attendants in the company. While I've been working here, I have not been required to attend any staff meetings (I had to work through them), have seen my boss in passing perhaps once a week, haven't made any friends at work, and have not ever been given rest breaks. I only recently found out I was actually entitled to them, and will be pursuing compensation for my missed breaks over the past year. Management needs to certify more employees for Kid's Club so that breaks or even restroom use is an issue for the Kid's Club Attendant.

Worked for 24 Hour Fitness? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at 24 Hour Fitness reviews and ratings in San Carlos, CA — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for 24 Hour Fitness CEO Elizabeth Blair. All reviews posted anonymously by 24 Hour Fitness employees.