24 Hour Fitness

24 Hour Fitness Reviews in San Carlos, CA

3.1

24 Hour Fitness CEO Elizabeth Blair
Elizabeth Blair

Pros
  • Hourly pay is in line with other positions, free gym membership (in 164 reviews)

• There is a free gym membership with the job and discounts for family and friends (in 82 reviews)

Cons
  • I worked there for years, and the only raise I ever got was when minimum wage went up (in 29 reviews)

• Some of the upper management didn't seem qualified to run a large corporation (in 24 reviews)

More Highlights

2 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Good for anyone new

Current Employee - Master Personal Trainer in San Carlos, CA
    Current Employee - Master Personal Trainer in San Carlos, CA

I have been working at 24 Hour Fitness

Pros

This job is great for anyone new to personal training. Clients are given to you most of time and you have the potential of making anywhere from 12-35 dollars an hour counting commission. If you work full-time benefits are offered such as vacation and health. People you work with are in there 20's to 30's and full of energy. Everyone generally gets along unless you have a really bad manager.

Cons

I have been at 24 Hour fitness awhile now and I have only seen benefits taken away. There use to be a lot of competitions to get sales up. We use to get paid even higher hourly but we swapped for this new system in 2006 that wants you to be a salesmen instead of a trainer. Management usually fails to recognize great performance and the only thing telling you "good job" is your check.

Do more for your employees and raise the wage rates.

Position completely isolated from the rest of the gym and company

Current Employee - Kid's Club Attendant in San Carlos, CA
    Current Employee - Kid's Club Attendant in San Carlos, CA

I have been working at 24 Hour Fitness part-time (more than a year)

Pros

-Easy and predictable work hours
    -Can be fun if you like kids

Cons

-Poor pay
    -Almost complete lack of communication with co-workers and management
    -Can be very un-stimulating
    -Difficult to cover shifts and even cover breaks.

Include the Kid's Club Attendants in the company. While I've been working here, I have not been required to attend any staff meetings (I had to work through them), have seen my boss in passing perhaps once a week, haven't made any friends at work, and have not ever been given rest breaks. I only recently found out I was actually entitled to them, and will be pursuing compensation for my missed breaks over the past year. Management needs to certify more employees for Kid's Club so that breaks or even restroom use is an issue for the Kid's Club Attendant.