24hr Homecare

www.24hrcares.com

24hr Homecare Reviews

4.5

CEO

A company that values employee input, rewards team effort, and succeeds through integrity and a fun, family environment

I have been working at 24hr Homecare full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

24Hr HomeCare is an innovative company and a great place to work. The leadership team invests a lot of resources in its employees and has a rewarding promote-from-within culture. Compensation is highly competitive, and employee benefits are constantly expanding and include full coverage of medical, dental and vision. For the right person, 24Hr HomeCare is a great fit because you can learn all facets of how to run a business, while going home feeling great each day because you are helping people in need. There are lots of fun, incentive-based competitions to do your job well, so a healthy, competitive spirit is a must!

Cons

If you are a self-driven, entrepreneurial, ambitious person who isn't afraid to work hard to grow as a professional, 24Hr HomeCare will be a great fit for you. If you are looking for a slower-paced 9-5 position, this company would not be a good fit, as working at 24Hr HomeCare does require commitment to long hours. A positive attitude and leadership by example will take you far at 24Hr HomeCare!

Keep doing what you're doing. Thanks for starting 24Hr HomeCare and making it a fun and rewarding environment for your hardworking employees.

Just like family

I worked at 24hr Homecare

Pros

Fun friendly with high energy environment. Always room for growth.

Cons

not available at this time.

Don't Believe all the Hype

I have been working at 24hr Homecare

Pros

- Room to move up in the company
    - I enjoy working with the people in my office

Cons

- Every interaction with someone from the corporate office is usually negative. You get called out for not adhering to the endless maze of corporate policies.
    - Your job is threatened with written warnings when you make a mistake. There is a consistent culture of mistrust from managers and the corporate office.
    - When you calculate your hourly rate, including working weekends on-call, the pay is poor and not worth it ($11 per hour)
    - Most of the reviews on this site were evidently posted by upper management.

24hr Homecare Response

Sep 17, 2013Owner

Thank you for taking the time to give us your honest feedback. As we continue to grow, we would like to maintain a positive, supportive, and collaborative working environment. We want to make sure ... More

I love this company and my team even more.

Current Employee - Respite Services Coordinator in Culver City, CA
    Current Employee - Respite Services Coordinator in Culver City, CA

I have been working at 24hr Homecare full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I think the best part of working for this company is that I have weekly and quarterly goals; the even better part may be my direct supervisor. She really supports and guides any development or ideas that I offer, giving me sound advice on how to approach it and make it actually happen. It's also wonderful that any ideas that I bring up at our quarterly roundtables are supported and encouraged by my team as well as managerial staff.

Our regional manager meets with me frequently, touching on all aspects of work: culture, work environment, the amount of work, how to improve. He overlooks my progress and growth in personal development, organizational goals, and has helped me become an efficient, young professional.The company also offers full benefits (medical, dental, vision) and gives a lot incentives for high performance (sporting events, team building activities, birthday dinner, revenue/sales goals).

It's also wonderful that they have different specialists/directors/managers for different topics or areas, you can always get direct contact and support with them on any issues you may have. It's a huge relief in this field that there are people that can direct us or answer any situation.

I really enjoy the family/friendly (but still professional and high performing) environment. I sincerely love the people I work with and for. We work hard, and play harder. We really are a team. Working here has been an amazing experience and even better opportunity. They notice hard work and it pays off here. It does not go unnoticed.

Cons

Always get the PPO dental. I recommend that to everyone. The hours can be long initially, but it's always worth it when you really love your team and believe in your company mission.

I do wish that there was a little bit more investment in Personal Development - a stipend to improve or pursue projects (like spanish classes, attending workshops, etc.). I know that other companies do offer that. hare some advice with upper management.

An environment that fosters learning, leadership, and team work!

I have been working at 24hr Homecare full-time (more than an year)

Pros

- Fantastic team culture
    - Everyone has a positive attitude and is very supportive of each other
    - Fun environment, high energy
    - Management encourages questions and challenges
    - Open communication both internally and externally
    - Lots of room for advancement
    - Promotion from within

Cons

I've been working for this company for almost two years and have no complaints. There is an open door policy here and management is always encouraging of any questions and concerns and ensures everything gets addressed the proper way.

Best Company to work for!

I have been working at 24hr Homecare full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

There's always employee recognition.
    Teamwork - great culture overall!
    There's always room for career opportunities.
    Management is always helpful.
    There's always training available for development.
    Great employee benefits!
    Great company overall!!!

Cons

So far in my time here, I have had no bad experiences.

Love this company! I wouldn't see my self elsewhere!

Growth opportunities are endless!

I have been working at 24hr Homecare full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Everyone is extremely friendly when you walk into the office whether you're a client, caregiver, or just a walk-in. 24Hr HomeCare provides the opportunity for growth and they have a promote from within philosophy. It is the first company I've worked for that takes the time to train their employees the right way. Training is in the office, out in the field, as well as their corporate offices in El Segundo. They have annual team building events as well as dinners for employee birthdays, employee's first days, and promotions! When I first started working for the company I couldn't believe how supportive everyone is.

Cons

They aren't nationwide and are currently based out of California.

I think a paid internship would be something to eventually look into.

Rewarded for Making a REAL Difference in People's Lives!

Current Employee - Sales in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at 24hr Homecare full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Teamwork
    Management Cares Are Availabie
    Rewards Hard Work
    Lots of Growth/Opportunity
    Good Compensation
    Fully Paid Benefits
    3 Weeks PTO

Cons

Not a 9-5 (culture of going the extra mile and requiring hard work)

Keep Doing What You are Doing!