2CV

Be The First To
Add Photos

2CV CEO Doug Edmonds

Doug Edmonds

Lots of talented people, flexible schedule, cool clients

Market Research Analyst (Current Employee)

ProsThe people here are great and love what they do. They're smart, interesting and make for an enjoyable office culture. Work life balance here is good, in that flexible schedules are supported - focus is on getting your work done and doing it well, not on whether you're at your desk from 9-5. Like another reviewer said, however,it is a work hard/play hard environment and weekends and evening work is common. Leadership is strong and management are well attuned with with employees and what is going on day-to-day.

ConsWhile mentorship is strong, structured training and process management could be better developed.

Their idea of "professional" clashed with my own... but it was good while it lasted?

Quality Controller (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

Pros-Free candy and soda at work, pretty much all the time.
    -Easy access to many restaurants within walking distance during lunch.
    -Happy hours every couple of weeks
    -Qual and quant teams (upstairs) work well together to produce PowerPoint slides
    -Good communication within the team when it comes to proofreading/populating
    -Getting to be trusted to develop answer keys/indexes due to my excellent eye for detail
    -Great mentors that are approachable and not arrogant
    -They are understanding about taking sick days
    -Fun events outside of work sometimes
    -Occasional opportunities for overtime which are paid at 2x/hourly wage, rather than the more typical 1.5x.

Cons-Their concept of what is "professional" is incorrect, IMO. While I was chided like a 5-year old boy for "coughing too loudly", other members of the team constantly make inappropriate jokes about casual sex and cocaine usage without anyone batting an eye.

-They play favorites. Some employees (particularly the one who made those sort of jokes) can show up late or work from home if they are sick... the rest of us don't get that benefit. Other employees also spent a lot of time surfing the web and got away with it.

-The management doesn't really communicate that well when it comes to opportunities. I pretty much knew I wasn't important to them when someone who had left the company's tasks were given to someone else without me getting any chance at it.

-The pay is pretty low considering the kind of work you'll be doing. It's $12 an hour, no benefits, but the work we do and the education they require for their employees would suggest pay more around $15-$20 an hour ($30-$40k) a year.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop talking about being "professional". I guess to you guys, coughing is the worst thing you can do, but making jokes about drugs is totally okay.

Also, give everyone a chance to do more of the tasks. Don't get us all stuck on the same job.

I love my job

Senior Research Analyst (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsLots of autonomy and opportunity, great work culture. Management is very understanding and appreciative of work/life balance, regardless of whether an employee is balancing school, family, fitness, etc. I appreciate the flexibility there. Great PTO policy, nice office/facility. And everyone is very nice!

ConsAutonomy/responsibility = work. Definitely a work hard play hard place to work, but 2CV has done it right thus far in my experience.

Advice to Senior ManagementCould use a bit more structure in some processes, and now is the time to do it :)

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

great people, cool clients. Has always given me back what i've put in

Prosgreat bunch of people who are smart and take responsibility for themselves and their work; great staff and client retention, so get to spend time building and doing things better, not filling holes/ re-teaching stuff; cool offices in great locations; people first attitude - focus on making sure people are doing things that interest them, rather than making a machine; interesting sectors of work; flat, informal structure means everyone can learn quickly from each other; people i know who've worked very hard have always been recognized and rewarded quickly and well; qual, quant and global offices work well together;

Consflat structure can mean some gaps in responsibilities/ wrong people on tasks sometimes; individual/ entrepreneurial attitude can mean different bits of the company moving in different directions without linking up as well as they could

Advice to Senior Managementnot reinventing the wheel every time; remembering not everyone has the same level of experience/ strengths and not throwing people in at the deep end every time

Great fit for motivated professionals.

Research Manager (Current Employee)

ProsIt’s a work hard play hard kind of company.

Fun, smart and creative people to work with keeps things fresh and interesting.

Regardless of the distance/office location or hierarchy, most employees are excited about what they are doing, willing to lend a hand and share their experiences readily.

There is a good level of autonomy allowed to explore areas of interest and opportunities that can have a real impact your (daily) work when all deadlines are met allowing you to drive your own development and career path.

Management is friendly, professional and fair.

Incentives based on performance motivates you to do your best day in and out.

Provides for a good work/life balance.

ConsIf you're not a self motivated person, better to look for a job in a big corporate environment where you can slide by and go unnoticed. Smaller offices are not for everyone.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing.

Great

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsLovely teams, great accounts, lots of clever researchers giving clients strategic insights. Good mix of clients and chance to develop as an individual.

ConsCons are harder to specify; some long hours, but not as bad as many other places I've worked or heard about from friends.

My experience here was not very good at all. Senior management ranged from amateurish to rank unprofessionalism.

Director (Former Employee)

ProsSome of the people where ok, most of the good people left after the earn out.

ConsOpaque management structure characterised my time here. There is no clear career path, and hard work is not compensated well. They also have no real sense of vision for the organization and have not innovated with the times, hence there practice is retrograde.

Worked for 2CV? Contribute to the Community!