2k Manhattan

www.2kmanhattan.com

2k Manhattan Reviews

3.1

CEO

Amazing environment that propelled me to Management and provided me an opportunity to further my career!

Current Employee - Manager in Hackensack, NJ
    Current Employee - Manager in Hackensack, NJ

I have been working at 2k Manhattan full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The fast paced growth was definitely a huge pro for me. Coming out of law school, I needed something faster paced than just working 9-5 behind a desk. Something that utilized my communication and leadership capabilities. Another pro was the guided training they provided me on a daily basis, not just a whimsical figure it out on your own type training.

Cons

I really don't have any cons.

Don't change anything you're doing.

Lies & more lies

Former Employee - Secretary in Hackensack, NJ
    Former Employee - Secretary in Hackensack, NJ

I worked at 2k Manhattan part-time (less than an year)

Pros

You're coworkers will be the best part of this job.

Cons

When they call you to set up an interview they read from a script. No matter your education level or degrees obtained, they say the same thing to everyone. They will sell you on a position that suits what you want but are actually interviewing you for a door-to-door sales position, not business to business. They have you "shadow" an "account holder" after one of your multiple interviews. Basically you follow another sales person to a location (driving your own car, wasting your own gas) and watch as they attempt to get people in the street to buy make up. While in the field they ask if you could see yourself doing this job. You say yes and you are told to return to the office for another interview and offered a position. If you say no, they send you home. They pay next to nothing because your salary is commission based. Overall, they lie to you from the moment they meet you. Just do yourself a favor and quit while you're ahead.

Be up front and honest about what position you're hiring for. And give everyone an equal opportunity if they accept the job.

Waste of time and effort

I worked at 2k Manhattan full-time

Pros

You learn a lot, work experience and life experience. Sales and management experience are the biggest positive.

Cons

The money isn't worth it and management plays favorites. Very nasty when you express any type of emotions and impossible to move on unless you schmooze your way to the top.

Care about employees and show some respect

Laughable don't waste your time - would give one star

I have been working at 2k Manhattan

Pros

None, it's essentially management making money off people working for 100% commissioned salary. You need no education to do this job.

Cons

Basically a ponzi scheme, the Herbal Life of cosmetics. Regardless of what you think you may have applied for it is all for a door to door sales job pushing their product for a 100% commission based salary. The office and interview process is one giant act to recruit anyone to push their products with "get rich quick" promises. If you are actually educated and have experience they will dismiss it as interviewers went to better schools, have more houses, cars, etc. Ultimately if you are looking for a real job as posted, you will not find it here.

Go to acting school, the "I'm super rich and you be can too" show you put on is laughable.

Fast paced

I worked at 2k Manhattan full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Team atmosphere, a lot of outgoing personalities, considerable amount of growth opportunities

Cons

I was challenged by how fast paced everything was. i was used to coming into to work and just doing my job and leaving, but this place challenged me. I've learned a lot about myself through everything and have gotten better at juggling things.

Best Opportunity for Growth out There

Current Employee - Brand Ambassador
    Current Employee - Brand Ambassador

I have been working at 2k Manhattan full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The people are great, always feel welcomed, great work environment I love coming to work every morning, team meetings and bonding really gives this firm the upper hand. Build new networks everyday. Opportunity for promotions are always available.

Cons

A lot of hard work in a short amount of time.

Having drinking water available would be great!

Motivated

Current Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY

I have been working at 2k Manhattan full-time (less than an year)

Pros

This company encourages reaching your full potential. I have had many jobs, even jobs that I thought were careers, but none felt like how I feel when I show up for work here. Everyday, I learn how to be better than who I was yesterday. I learn skills that not only help me in my professional life, but translate into my personal life. I have become stronger, mentally and emotionally, not to mention more confident and secure with my abilities. I love the training, my co-workers, and the management staff is amazing. Definitely blessed to be a part of this family.

Cons

You will be tested, mentally, emotionally, and professionally. Management does not settle for anything less than 100% effort. If you are not reaching your maximum potential, management will make your life difficult. If you are not in a space to take it to the next level, this position is not for you.

Continue to raise the standards, and help us reach for the stars.

It doesnt even deserve one start

I have been working at 2k Manhattan

Pros

there is no real incentive to work here at all if you're an educated person

Cons

it is a pure con into making you a peddler for whatever product they come up with and then you have to go door to door selling it to people for at least a 75% mark up. they tell you theyre interviewing you for whatever bogus position and then send you out with an "account executive," to "shadow" but they dont tell you that you have to waster YOUR gas, YOUR time and YOUR money. Do not even bother applying or going to these bogus interviews.

be open and honest from the get- go about what you are trying to get people to do

Not what I expected

I worked at 2k Manhattan full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Tons of fun people to work with. Great team environment.

Cons

Lied to during the first round interview. Wasn't told I would be doing door to door sales no matter the weather. Strictly commission even though I was told there were different pay structures.

Be up front and honest with employees.

Going out on random main streets selling people cosmetics in a suit during the summer? Not for me...

Former Employee - Marketing Executive in Hackensack, NJ
    Former Employee - Marketing Executive in Hackensack, NJ

I worked at 2k Manhattan full-time

Pros

If your amazing at selling to random people on the street there if room for fast promotion

Cons

Over 40 hours a week
    12 hour shifts
    100% of pay is all commission

Raise the commission pay

2k Manhattan Response

Sep 5, 2013Public Relations

2K Manhattan strives to provide a positive work environment with career opportunities to all that join our team. It is our intention to always act in the best interest of our team members and our ... More

2k Manhattan Photos