2k Manhattan

www.2kmanhattan.com

2k Manhattan Reviews

Updated Jun 9, 2014

Not yet rated.

Amazing environment that propelled me to Management and provided me an opportunity to further my career!

Manager (Current Employee) Hackensack, NJ

ProsThe fast paced growth was definitely a huge pro for me. Coming out of law school, I needed something faster paced than just working 9-5 behind a desk. Something that utilized my communication and leadership capabilities. Another pro was the guided training they provided me on a daily basis, not just a whimsical figure it out on your own type training.

ConsI really don't have any cons.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't change anything you're doing.

Lies & more lies

Secretary (Former Employee) Hackensack, NJ

ProsYou're coworkers will be the best part of this job.

ConsWhen they call you to set up an interview they read from a script. No matter your education level or degrees obtained, they say the same thing to everyone. They will sell you on a position that suits what you want but are actually interviewing you for a door-to-door sales position, not business to business. They have you "shadow" an "account holder" after one of your multiple interviews. Basically you follow another sales person to a location (driving your own car, wasting your own gas) and watch as they attempt to get people in the street to buy make up. While in the field they ask if you could see yourself doing this job. You say yes and you are told to return to the office for another interview and offered a position. If you say no, they send you home. They pay next to nothing because your salary is commission based. Overall, they lie to you from the moment they meet you. Just do yourself a favor and quit while you're ahead.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe up front and honest about what position you're hiring for. And give everyone an equal opportunity if they accept the job.

Waste of time and effort

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsYou learn a lot, work experience and life experience. Sales and management experience are the biggest positive.

ConsThe money isn't worth it and management plays favorites. Very nasty when you express any type of emotions and impossible to move on unless you schmooze your way to the top.

Advice to Senior ManagementCare about employees and show some respect

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Laughable don't waste your time - would give one star

ProsNone, it's essentially management making money off people working for 100% commissioned salary. You need no education to do this job.

ConsBasically a ponzi scheme, the Herbal Life of cosmetics. Regardless of what you think you may have applied for it is all for a door to door sales job pushing their product for a 100% commission based salary. The office and interview process is one giant act to recruit anyone to push their products with "get rich quick" promises. If you are actually educated and have experience they will dismiss it as interviewers went to better schools, have more houses, cars, etc. Ultimately if you are looking for a real job as posted, you will not find it here.

Advice to Senior ManagementGo to acting school, the "I'm super rich and you be can too" show you put on is laughable.

Fast paced

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsTeam atmosphere, a lot of outgoing personalities, considerable amount of growth opportunities

ConsI was challenged by how fast paced everything was. i was used to coming into to work and just doing my job and leaving, but this place challenged me. I've learned a lot about myself through everything and have gotten better at juggling things.

Best Opportunity for Growth out There

Brand Ambassador (Current Employee)

ProsThe people are great, always feel welcomed, great work environment I love coming to work every morning, team meetings and bonding really gives this firm the upper hand. Build new networks everyday. Opportunity for promotions are always available.

ConsA lot of hard work in a short amount of time.

Advice to Senior ManagementHaving drinking water available would be great!

Motivated

Sales Associate (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsThis company encourages reaching your full potential. I have had many jobs, even jobs that I thought were careers, but none felt like how I feel when I show up for work here. Everyday, I learn how to be better than who I was yesterday. I learn skills that not only help me in my professional life, but translate into my personal life. I have become stronger, mentally and emotionally, not to mention more confident and secure with my abilities. I love the training, my co-workers, and the management staff is amazing. Definitely blessed to be a part of this family.

ConsYou will be tested, mentally, emotionally, and professionally. Management does not settle for anything less than 100% effort. If you are not reaching your maximum potential, management will make your life difficult. If you are not in a space to take it to the next level, this position is not for you.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to raise the standards, and help us reach for the stars.

It doesnt even deserve one start

Prosthere is no real incentive to work here at all if you're an educated person

Consit is a pure con into making you a peddler for whatever product they come up with and then you have to go door to door selling it to people for at least a 75% mark up. they tell you theyre interviewing you for whatever bogus position and then send you out with an "account executive," to "shadow" but they dont tell you that you have to waster YOUR gas, YOUR time and YOUR money. Do not even bother applying or going to these bogus interviews.

Advice to Senior Managementbe open and honest from the get- go about what you are trying to get people to do

Not what I expected

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsTons of fun people to work with. Great team environment.

ConsLied to during the first round interview. Wasn't told I would be doing door to door sales no matter the weather. Strictly commission even though I was told there were different pay structures.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe up front and honest with employees.

Going out on random main streets selling people cosmetics in a suit during the summer? Not for me...

Marketing Executive (Former Employee) Hackensack, NJ

ProsIf your amazing at selling to random people on the street there if room for fast promotion

ConsOver 40 hours a week
    12 hour shifts
    100% of pay is all commission

Advice to Senior ManagementRaise the commission pay

2k Manhattan Public Relations responded to this review

Sep 5, 2013

2K Manhattan strives to provide a positive work environment with career opportunities to all that join our team. It is our intention to always act in the best interest of our team members and our ... More

Worked for 2k Manhattan? Contribute to the Community!