3 Day Blinds

3 Day Blinds Reviews

Updated Apr 2, 2014

Dave Hall

Good Place to work

Sales Associate (Former Employee)
San Francisco, CA

I worked at 3 Day Blinds full-time for more than a year

ProsTraining, assist customers with custom made blinds, health benefits, paid well

ConsWork in store alone much of the time, no week-ends off

Advice to Senior ManagementHire more than a couple of people to a store.

Don't trust a company that has to tell you they have integrity.

I have been working at 3 Day Blinds full-time for less than a year

Prosflexible schedule and nice latops.

ConsLots of work, lots of mico managing. No compassion at all. I had a serious injury and after 6 weeks of UNPAID leave. They let me go. So much for their core values of integrity, one team, and doing the right thing.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave some compassion!

Insanely disparate pay structure

Art Director (Former Employee)

I worked at 3 Day Blinds full-time for more than 3 years

ProsYou're upper management and want to take your entire family on vacation on the company's dime.

ConsInsanity. We would develop a budget for a photo shoot, for instance, it would be approved. We'd be ready to fly to the east coast for it and as it got closer, the budget would be pulled. It would be blamed on the board of directors. This happened time and time again. When you have new product, you need photos to show the client, so it was truly baffling. Or, I'd be in the middle of a large project, i.e., the design guide. I've hired a writer, who's spectacular, we've got a great direction going. Every body loves the first section that's been developed, and the budget magically disappears. Upper management blames the board of directors. Also, I found out that the company pays the already overpaid CEO's rent to the tune of 7 thousand dollars a month. Because paying his own rent is clearly a hardship when one makes over 400 K a year. The factory workers in Mexico make $2 a day.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop being greedy egomaniacs.

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

My experience with 3 Day Blinds was very good.

Design Consultant (Former Employee)
Long Beach, CA

I worked at 3 Day Blinds full-time for more than 8 years

ProsThe company offers flexible hours. I had great, friendly coworkers and the commute was not bad.

ConsThe pay was not the best. I did not receive yearly reviews.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would highly encourage the management to ride along with the staff when they go out on appointments.

Opportunities are endless

I have been working at 3 Day Blinds full-time for more than 8 years

ProsOpportunities are endless as promotion from within in strongly nurtured. 3 Day Blinds takes pride in continual development of their staff in all departments. Employee satisfaction is considered just as important as client satisfaction and financial growth.

ConsWhen your friends outside of work are bonding with horror stories about the places they work you will not have much to add to the conversation.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement is always looking to improve the business inside and out. Keep it up.

Great Place to Work!

I have been working at 3 Day Blinds full-time for less than a year

ProsThe environment is great! It's a pleasure coming in and working with such wonderful, hard working and passionate people. The excellence of the company is based on how we all really work as one team for the greater good for the client.

ConsI do not have any cons at this time.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would like to see some sort of introduction or "Meet and Greet" for new hires. I constantly see new employees in the building and have no idea who they are. It would be nice to have maybe an email or post of the new hires that way we can welcome them to our team.

Tons of Opportunity

I have been working at 3 Day Blinds full-time for more than a year

ProsI've been in this industry for about 7 years now, and cannot say enough positive things about 3DB! As a Design Consultant, they provided extensive product training before sending me out into the field and there are people available to help as questions arise, so I always feel supported. They gave me all the samples to sell from for free, which is amazing, because with other companies you often have to invest your own money and they are not cheap! I'm 100% commission, which I love because I essentially get to write my own pay check. The incentives and bonuses are great and I also get full health benefits. The product quality is terrific and makes me proud to sell it.

ConsSales can be a tough business, but I think people are inherently sales oriented or they aren't. If you love it like I do, then this is a great company to work for with tons of earning potential.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to expand the product offering so I have more to offer my clients.

A fun place to work, where you're backed by a dedicated team of professionals!

Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at 3 Day Blinds full-time for more than 3 years

Pros3 Day Blinds does everything it can to support the sales team. Management is accessible, friendly, and responsive to ideas from the field.

As a salesperson, it is important to me that I work for a company that backs up the promises that I make to my customers, and 3 Day Blinds does this 100%.

The company provides us with all of the materials that we need to do our jobs - from samples to marketing materials to a laptop and printer, I am given all of the tools that I need to perform at a top level.

Our merchandising team is constantly reviewing market trends and looking to develop products that excite our customers. This means that I have beautiful products to sell, which makes my job more enjoyable. We seem to be coming up with updates and new additions to our offerings a couple of times a year, keeping things fresh and interesting for both myself AND my customers. I love our products and it shows in my sales presentations.

ConsAs with any company, there are areas that can be improved upon. However, 3 Day Blinds does tackle problems as they arise. Management is very responsive and is always looking for ways to improve our systems. The "open door" policy of the company means that any employee is free to discuss their concerns without worry. In fact, it seems to me that most of our problem solvers are non-management people. This is truly a company that listens.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep listening to your people! I love the culture of this company, and I love the direction we are headed in with our new products and sales opportunities!

I truly enjoy working at 3 Day Blinds

I have been working at 3 Day Blinds full-time for less than a year

ProsI've been working at 3 Day Blinds for couple months. The company provides a great working atmosphere. We work as a strong team by supporting each other and solving issues together. Also, the company provides excellent benefits, comfortable working environment, and well-structured management, etc. 3 Day Blinds is definitely a company that you can grow strongly with!

ConsIt's only been a few months working for the company, so I haven't experience any downside yet.

I have worked at 3Day for the past 5 years and have enjoyed the entire experience.

Customer Service (Current Employee)

I have been working at 3 Day Blinds full-time for more than 5 years

ProsThere is a positive atmosphere where people really support each other in solving problems and growing the business. We have values that we honestly live by that include Teamwork, Integrity, Customer Satisfaction and excellence. I have not worked for any other company that takes thier values so seriously. Another thing is that we are always trying new ways to do things better like new products, new systems, new tools to make the job easier. Its a good place to work.

ConsThings move very quickly so you have to be focused and resillient. To stay on top, you have to constantly change to improve. I don't mind this but I know it is hard for some people.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt would be great if there were a way for the people in the office to meet the people in the field.

Worked for 3 Day Blinds? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at 3 Day Blinds reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for 3 Day Blinds CEO Dave Hall. All 29 reviews posted anonymously by 3 Day Blinds employees.