3 Rivers Federal Credit Union

Don Cates

Great place to work!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Fort Wayne, IN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Wayne, IN

I have been working at 3 Rivers Federal Credit Union full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I have been encouraged to learn and take initiative, and given opportunities to get training to push past my current position and define new boundaries for it. While my title is one thing, I actually am a much higher trained individual thanks to 3Rivers, and it makes me a better employee as well.

Cons

The medical and dental insurance leaves a lot to be desired, but I think that may be a trend throughout the country and not specific to 3Rivers.

3 Rivers helped me start my career in the finance industry.

Former Employee - Member Sales Specialist  in  Fort Wayne, IN
    Former Employee - Member Sales Specialist in Fort Wayne, IN

I worked at 3 Rivers Federal Credit Union full-time for more than a year

Pros

Pros include opportunity to advance (I worked here for 2 years and was promoted twice), caring management (always encouraged me to tell them what goals were, even if not with 3 Rivers), great hours (hard to beat being paid to take holidays off and never working Sundays), and welcoming environment (managers and most co-workers were team-focused and easy to make friends with).

Cons

I felt like certain behaviors "slipped through the cracks", so to speak, when it should have been addressed. Bad attitudes, excessive breaks, inability to do one's job, and throwing tantrums are unacceptable in a professional work environment. If there was a reason it was being tolerated, it should have been communicated.

Encourage branch management to communicate to their staff. Communication will build an organization and the lack of it will tear it down.

Great Company but Poor HR Practices

Current Employee - Mortgage  in  Fort Wayne, IN
    Current Employee - Mortgage in Fort Wayne, IN

I have been working at 3 Rivers Federal Credit Union full-time

Pros

Good company from all the research I did.

Cons

Just as an FYI, background and education checks are done prior to interview. I knew I would have no problem there but these are typically done at a later stage. On the day of my interview HR calls me on a cell phone and puts it on speaker phone as there was another person there! You could not hear her nor the other person. I told her that and she did not respond to it. They give you no chances to ask questions after the interview nor give you time to comment further about your skills. A very unprofessional way of doing an interview for a senior position role.

Instruct your HR department to NEVER do important phone interviews on a cell phone much less doing it also with a speaker phone. It does not do the candidate a benefit nor you as you may have lost your best candidate this way.-

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

overall okay place to work

I worked at 3 Rivers Federal Credit Union full-time for more than a year

Pros

The pay was decent. Most jobs are placed internally so there is room for growth but you need to be good friends with management to get them. Good hours and family time.

Cons

They keep non devoted employees who talk bad about the company to whoever will listen which makes work annoying. You have to be close with management to get anywhere in the company and the insurance is not even worth your time.

Focus on developing your devoted employees and work on getting rid of the negative ones to up the mood overall for everyone. Give everyone a chance to shine and stop focusing on your "friends"

Overall, a very good place to work.

I worked at 3 Rivers Federal Credit Union full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Most of the staff is very dedicated to their work and to serving the membership.

Cons

There are significant power-brokers at the highest levels. If they don't like you, you'll soon be gone.

Be careful who you listen to. Not all of the advice received is good for the company. Stop the politics and make this a better company. It has so much potential.

Has been a great company to work for!

Current Employee - Sales Representative  in  Fort Wayne, IN
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Fort Wayne, IN

I have been working at 3 Rivers Federal Credit Union full-time for more than a year

Pros

Worked here for about 2 years now. Great hours, great people to work with in all different areas from the top of management down to the members. Great work environment and no high pressure goal quotas which makes work much easier and satisfying.

Cons

Healthcare plan could be a lot better (very expensive)!

Keep it up, you're doing a great job!

Great company to work for

Current Employee - Member Sales Specialist  in  Fort Wayne, IN
    Current Employee - Member Sales Specialist in Fort Wayne, IN

Pros

Very friendly staff and a well organized company

Cons

Can be difficult at times for advancement

Establish a management trainee program to allow for advancement and a better understanding of all the areas of the company

Average Credit Union

Former Employee - Branch Sales Manager  in  Fort Wayne, IN
    Former Employee - Branch Sales Manager in Fort Wayne, IN

I worked at 3 Rivers Federal Credit Union

Pros

Review process is fair and no surprises.

Cons

Senior Management has issues in communication. Changes seem to be made just to make change because the reason is not communicated properly.

Poor Leadership from Senior Management

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Fort Wayne, IN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Wayne, IN

I worked at 3 Rivers Federal Credit Union

Pros

- Great Products
    - Good Benefits
    - Flexible work schedule

Cons

- Senior Management not visible enough
    - Change Management is not always followed through (alot of projects are stoped and not completed - Poor Project Management Skills)
    - Senior Management plays favorites when it comes to promotions
    - Computer system very unstable and always crashing ( not IT fault but equipment limitations)

Make sure you are visble and approchable to your staff. Tour your locations for meet and greets, instead of only showing up when there is a problem.

Go to a bank if you can

Former Employee - Member Sales Representative II  in  Fort Wayne, IN
    Former Employee - Member Sales Representative II in Fort Wayne, IN

I worked at 3 Rivers Federal Credit Union

Pros

Easy work
    No pressure to hit goals

Cons

Poor management
    Crapy pay compared to banks
    Horriable hours

n/a

Worked for 3 Rivers Federal Credit Union? Contribute to the Community!