314e Reviews

2.0

Abhishek Begerhotta

Good learning experience.

I worked at 314e full-time for more than a year

Pros

I echo the sentiment of the others that posted before me; the best thing about 314e, the people! It is a really young environment so it is a great opportunity to meet young business professionals and bond over the after school transition into the business world. I also have seen a lot of improvements take place while I was at 314e. They now have a ping pong table, snacks, Monday morning breakfasts, and bi-weekly potlucks/company sponsored lunches. These things did not happen over night but have been welcome changes appreciated by the employees of 314e. From a growth perspective, I have been fortunate enough to get outside, professional training on two separate occasions. I feel like this kind of training has really prepared me to take a large leap forward in my next job. I was also given the ability/trust to work in a few different capacities which I feel greatly improved my leadership abilities. All-in-all, 314e Corporation has opened up a number of doors for me and I am extremely grateful.

Cons

I really wish the upper management would trust its employees more. They micromanage on a regular basis not necessarily to be malicious but because they truly do want to help. I am constantly getting pings and emails from upper management to follow up on things that I have covered 3 hours ago. This lack of trust is really upsetting to me. I also worry about this company from an organizational stand point. As others have stated, they tend to jump around a lot. The inconsistency creates an uncomfortable atmosphere that makes people feel lost. 314e loves to live in a grey space. They don't give feedback on the company performance nor the employee's performance. People feel like the company is going to go under even when the company is doing great. I also worry about the quality of job orders/new business. The major accounts have begun to dry up as of late. In order for 314e to stay viable they need to develop new business. This is certainly possible but it will be a major challenge in an ultra-competitive healthcare IT space.

Transparency is essential. Value your employees and review what each person brings to the table (through metrics/hard facts). Just because somebody is younger does not mean that they are not one of your strongest contributors. Management has lost and will continue to lose extremely skilled employees because of hubris.

Get in, get out, make friends, and don't look back

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant  in  Fremont, CA
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Fremont, CA

I worked at 314e full-time for less than a year

Pros

314e hires mostly new college grads, which made it a great transition out of college for me. It was comforting working in an office with people around my age and who were going also adjusting to life after college. It was a great opportunity to make new friends and meet some great people.

Cons

Working at 314e was quite the experience, and an experience I hope I never have to have again in my professional career. From the poor business ethics to the poor management, it was more of a negative learning experience for me. I found that management was quite misleading to their employees, clients, and customers in ways which made me feel really uncomfortable. Even something as simple as my job description was inaccurate and very misleading. If I had known exactly what they expected me to do at this job, I never would have accepted the role in the first place. I was not a recruiter or sales team member but an Administrative Assistant, and because of this there was absolutely no structure for my position. Rather then having a list of set responsibilities from the get go, I had to ask for tasks to complete since they clearly had no idea of what they wanted me to do along with the other members of my team. The fact that I had to seek out responsibilities at a company which acted as if they had everything together showed their lack of professionalism and ability to manage well. Nearly all of the assignments that were given to me were tasks that they didn't want to bother the recruiters and sales team with. It was clear that they had an issue with changing processes constantly and their way of handling these changes was to pile them onto the administrative team. This made for a very hectic and inconsistent work environment.

Although I had concerns regarding the role I was hired for, it would have been much better if I could have had constructive communication with the management team. It was quite difficult speaking with them since they constantly turned a blind eye to how they treat their employees and showed no interest in the morale of those who worked under them. The managers I worked with the most were quite passive aggressive, which made resolving issues or concerns highly unproductive. Rather then acting as managers and helping to fix issues, they would brush off any responsibility in the manner and blame employees for mistakes that they could have helped to easily avoid. My manager would rarely speak with me, and when I went to her with questions or concerns, she would never do much to help.
    When I had brought up that I felt that I needed more training in managing accounts, which she also was responsible for, she replied that it was my responsibility to seek out training elsewhere. At times like this, it would have been nice to have my manager provide me with guidance and support, like managers should do.

Overall, my experience at 314e was quite a disappointment. Entering the position I was excited to learn more about the business of healthcare, but contrary to their website, I really only learned about poor business practices at a recruiting firm. It was clear that this company was willing to do whatever it took to make profits, even if it meant going against practical business ethics at times. Some of the events that took place in that company did make me feel uncomfortable, and I am happy that I was able to leave when I did. With their set of priorities, I don't see this company lasting too long into the future. Their primary focus for recruiting is in a portion of the market which is dying, but no constructive measures seem to be taken to ensure they keep up with the latest in the market. From the treatment of their employees to the focus as a company, the longevity of this company is not promising at all.

With such a high turn over rate at this company, maybe they didn't feel the need to take the time to ensure that their employees were happy if they were expecting them to all just leave within a short time. But regardless, I believe this company would benefit highly if they took the time to provide a stronger foundation for their company, improve company moral, and strive to keep their employees for more than just a year. I would also advise them to practice better business ethics in order to set a better example for their young employees. For many who work there, it is their first real job out of college. Teaching these new workers poor ethics and business practices in only doing a disservice to them and their future professional careers.

Mundane Company

Former Employee - Associate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Associate in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at 314e full-time for less than a year

Pros

no positive on this company.

Cons

Mundane Company, CEO has attitude problem.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Keep looking, if you can

I have been working at 314e

Pros

Co-workers generally get along well.
    Good work-life balance.
    Well-established in the industry.

Cons

Management clearly considers employees to be expendable.
    Incredibly high turnover and very dissatisfied employees.
    Lots of dishonesty and broken promises, with both employees and clients.
    Below average pay and laughable bonus structures.
    Lack of training, leadership and goals.
    No transparency in terms of company performance, goals and plans.
    Lots of projects get started. Few get finished.
    Ridiculous micro-management.
    Little opportunity for career growth.
    The market is saturated and the company is stuck with a few main clients. They've constantly tried to diversify (from just Epic) and failed. As those clients finish their implementations and the market starts to die down, the company is on the decline.
    Management is quick to criticize and slow to express appreciation.
    Overarching company policies change frequently.

Treat others how you would like to be treated.

A mediocre job that can lead to better opportunities

Former Employee - Associate  in  Fremont, CA
    Former Employee - Associate in Fremont, CA

I worked at 314e full-time for more than a year

Pros

-The employees are by far and away the best part of working at 314e. Almost every office employee is a recent graduate of schools in the UC system, Santa Clara, Cal State, etc and are open to happy hours, after work get-togethers, lunches, etc.

-It allows you to get real world experience that makes your resume much more marketable to future employers. (Many people move on to jobs big name Silicon Valley companies like Google, Apple, etc)

-The work/ life balance is good. Every now and then you will stay past the usual 8:00 - 5:00 or 9:00 - 6:00 working hours, but not that often.

-If you work hard and make it known that you are willing to take on more work, the management will give you more responsibility.

Cons

-The worst part about 314e is that they don't care about the quality of their office employee's lives. The base salary is meager for the SF bay area, the bonus structure is a joke, and there are minimal PTO days. Because the bay area is such a competitive job market, most employees do not stay past a year. In my year and a half there I saw 33 different people come and go (in an office of about 25 people). When clients see that so many people are handling their accounts, and have to deal with numerous account transitions they notice and 314e loses business.

-314e really lacks direction as a company. Their core competency is working with Epic implementations, but there has always been a desire to expand services to general IT and other EMR systems. However, there is never a firm strategy to achieve these expansions, never enough recruiting power to source for any new, non-Epic, roles, and as a result, they always end up returning focus to Epic. Because the Epic market is starting to lose steam, I doubt how much longer 314e can stay financially viable.

-The CEO is smart,having built a company from the ground up, but is also a micro manager. Expect constant phone calls and emails from him when preparing to submit candidates to clients, making phone calls to candidates, drafting emails, etc. What compounds this problem is that he often works from home, and as a result, he is typically following up with trivial details/ things that would be easily apparent if he was in the office.

-There is not much room for growth. If you come on for a recruiting role, you can become a Sr. Recruiter, and if you come on for Sales you can make it to Sr. Associate or Account Manager, but there is nothing beyond that.

-It isn't anyone's fault in particular, but the day to day work life at 314e can become extremely boring. Sales people in particular can easily get stuck with a group of accounts that does not have much opportunity for development, and can spend months dealing with them before getting anything new. Similarly, recruiters can often get stuck with dead end roles that have little chance of getting filled.

-They need to invest much more in their employees' success, training, and happiness.
    -They need to stop switching sales & recruiting strategies every few months. It only succeeds in creating confusion and has yielded minimal results.

Good first job

Current Employee - Associate  in  Fremont, CA
    Current Employee - Associate in Fremont, CA

I have been working at 314e full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Great work/life balance, don't have to bring your work home.
    -You have an 8-5 or 9-6 job (can come in any time between 8-9am and leave after your 8 hours + 1 hour lunch)
    -Not too stressful of a work environment
    -Just established a commission plan, though the plan is not as competitive as other places, still is more than the commission plan previously offered, which was nothing
    -Free Monday morning breakfasts (usually bagels, yogurt, and granola)
    -Young company/employees that mostly consists of recent grads, fun young environment
    -Employees who leave this company normally advance to bigger and better opportunities, great first job and a transition between college and the real professional world

Cons

-Young company/employees, means immaturity in some cases
    -No idea how they decide to promote or favor some employees while completely failing to recognize others, only throwing money at them when they feel like or know that employee is about to leave
    -Lack of transparency in senior management
    -CEO is not willing to loosen the purse strings to provide more perks for employees. We are a young company, and know what our peers with our skill sets are being provided at their companies. This creates desire to leave the company when we feel we aren't being appreciated, and only feeds the very high turnover rate (employees normally leave after the 10-14 month mark )
    -Virtually no/very little opportunity for growth. After associate there is team lead (there's only 2) on the recruiting side, none on sales side, and after that is only Director level which no Associate has or probably will reach.

Please show some more employee appreciation as well as provide more opportunities for growth. This can help with he high turnover rate. Also, favoritism is very obvious and we are very aware of it.

If you don't want high blood pressure, avoid this company.

Former Employee - Epic Specialist  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Epic Specialist in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at 314e as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

I got a paycheck, although sometimes it was late.

Cons

Late payrolls. Lazy, uninformed recruiters. Account nazis who removed expenses from reports without reason or notification. High turnover among internal employees. They've completely forgotten to mark large expense reports as approved, delaying payment. If you work for them as a contractor, expect at least one frustrating email a week where they are trying to rip you off. Also expect them to be totally inconsistent as to what's reimbursable and what's not when traveling.

Train your recruiting and office staff better, and maintain your finances so you don't stiff people on their paychecks.

You get out of it what you put into it

Current Employee - Recruiter
    Current Employee - Recruiter

I have been working at 314e full-time

Pros

Great starting point post college. Definitely a learning environment; the peers are great to work with and it's a fun environment without a lot of pressure. The smaller size allows for more growth as you get to take on a variety of different roles, and you are able to express opinions and make suggestions to upper management. I've seen a lot of negative reviews about this place, but from my experience if you work hard and communicate frequently with management your hard work will eventually be recognized and rewarded. They really like to see initiative, and if you make it known that you want to learn more and do more, more responsibility will be awarded.

Cons

This place definitely moves at its open pace, and there can be some slow times. More communication and employee appreciation is necessary, but I have seen a lot of improvements since I first started working here. Less of a disconnect between associates and management is necessary.

Greedy and they suck

I worked at 314e as a contractor

Pros

Great customers. Abhishek himself cannot be everywhere - but he is trying to do it all by himself. Epic believes in Abhishek and so do several large customers.

Cons

The CEO is very greedy and it appears that he wants to do whatever it takes to make a quick buck. This is not how you build a long-lasting enterprise.

Grow up, Abhishek. Remember that your biggest strength is your employees. You need to take care of your assets because without them you are nothing. Sending a card during Christmas will cost you net to nothing!

Agree with other Reviewers

Former Employee - Consultant  in  Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Consultant in Sacramento, CA

I worked at 314e full-time for less than a year

Pros

I did not experience anything positive.

Cons

Life and career advancement is hard enough - steer clear of this organization and save yourself some grief. The previous reviewers are all 100% correct.

Perhaps a business ethics class would help?

Worked for 314e? Contribute to the Community!