314e

314e Reviews

Be The First To
Add Photos

Abhishek Begerhotta

A mediocre job that can lead to better opportunities

Associate (Former Employee) Fremont, CA

Pros-The employees are by far and away the best part of working at 314e. Almost every office employee is a recent graduate of schools in the UC system, Santa Clara, Cal State, etc and are open to happy hours, after work get-togethers, lunches, etc.

-It allows you to get real world experience that makes your resume much more marketable to future employers. (Many people move on to jobs big name Silicon Valley companies like Google, Apple, etc)

-The work/ life balance is good. Every now and then you will stay past the usual 8:00 - 5:00 or 9:00 - 6:00 working hours, but not that often.

-If you work hard and make it known that you are willing to take on more work, the management will give you more responsibility.

Cons-The worst part about 314e is that they don't care about the quality of their office employee's lives. The base salary is meager for the SF bay area, the bonus structure is a joke, and there are minimal PTO days. Because the bay area is such a competitive job market, most employees do not stay past a year. In my year and a half there I saw 33 different people come and go (in an office of about 25 people). When clients see that so many people are handling their accounts, and have to deal with numerous account transitions they notice and 314e loses business.

-314e really lacks direction as a company. Their core competency is working with Epic implementations, but there has always been a desire to expand services to general IT and other EMR systems. However, there is never a firm strategy to achieve these expansions, never enough recruiting power to source for any new, non-Epic, roles, and as a result, they always end up returning focus to Epic. Because the Epic market is starting to lose steam, I doubt how much longer 314e can stay financially viable.

-The CEO is smart,having built a company from the ground up, but is also a micro manager. Expect constant phone calls and emails from him when preparing to submit candidates to clients, making phone calls to candidates, drafting emails, etc. What compounds this problem is that he often works from home, and as a result, he is typically following up with trivial details/ things that would be easily apparent if he was in the office.

-There is not much room for growth. If you come on for a recruiting role, you can become a Sr. Recruiter, and if you come on for Sales you can make it to Sr. Associate or Account Manager, but there is nothing beyond that.

-It isn't anyone's fault in particular, but the day to day work life at 314e can become extremely boring. Sales people in particular can easily get stuck with a group of accounts that does not have much opportunity for development, and can spend months dealing with them before getting anything new. Similarly, recruiters can often get stuck with dead end roles that have little chance of getting filled.

Advice to Senior Management-They need to invest much more in their employees' success, training, and happiness.
    -They need to stop switching sales & recruiting strategies every few months. It only succeeds in creating confusion and has yielded minimal results.

Get in, get out, make friends, and don't look back

Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) Fremont, CA

Pros314e hires mostly new college grads, which made it a great transition out of college for me. It was comforting working in an office with people around my age and who were going also adjusting to life after college. It was a great opportunity to make new friends and meet some great people.

ConsWorking at 314e was quite the experience, and an experience I hope I never have to have again in my professional career. From the poor business ethics to the poor management, it was more of a negative learning experience for me. I found that management was quite misleading to their employees, clients, and customers in ways which made me feel really uncomfortable. Even something as simple as my job description was inaccurate and very misleading. If I had known exactly what they expected me to do at this job, I never would have accepted the role in the first place. I was not a recruiter or sales team member but an Administrative Assistant, and because of this there was absolutely no structure for my position. Rather then having a list of set responsibilities from the get go, I had to ask for tasks to complete since they clearly had no idea of what they wanted me to do along with the other members of my team. The fact that I had to seek out responsibilities at a company which acted as if they had everything together showed their lack of professionalism and ability to manage well. Nearly all of the assignments that were given to me were tasks that they didn't want to bother the recruiters and sales team with. It was clear that they had an issue with changing processes constantly and their way of handling these changes was to pile them onto the administrative team. This made for a very hectic and inconsistent work environment.

Although I had concerns regarding the role I was hired for, it would have been much better if I could have had constructive communication with the management team. It was quite difficult speaking with them since they constantly turned a blind eye to how they treat their employees and showed no interest in the morale of those who worked under them. The managers I worked with the most were quite passive aggressive, which made resolving issues or concerns highly unproductive. Rather then acting as managers and helping to fix issues, they would brush off any responsibility in the manner and blame employees for mistakes that they could have helped to easily avoid. My manager would rarely speak with me, and when I went to her with questions or concerns, she would never do much to help.
    When I had brought up that I felt that I needed more training in managing accounts, which she also was responsible for, she replied that it was my responsibility to seek out training elsewhere. At times like this, it would have been nice to have my manager provide me with guidance and support, like managers should do.

Overall, my experience at 314e was quite a disappointment. Entering the position I was excited to learn more about the business of healthcare, but contrary to their website, I really only learned about poor business practices at a recruiting firm. It was clear that this company was willing to do whatever it took to make profits, even if it meant going against practical business ethics at times. Some of the events that took place in that company did make me feel uncomfortable, and I am happy that I was able to leave when I did. With their set of priorities, I don't see this company lasting too long into the future. Their primary focus for recruiting is in a portion of the market which is dying, but no constructive measures seem to be taken to ensure they keep up with the latest in the market. From the treatment of their employees to the focus as a company, the longevity of this company is not promising at all.

Advice to Senior ManagementWith such a high turn over rate at this company, maybe they didn't feel the need to take the time to ensure that their employees were happy if they were expecting them to all just leave within a short time. But regardless, I believe this company would benefit highly if they took the time to provide a stronger foundation for their company, improve company moral, and strive to keep their employees for more than just a year. I would also advise them to practice better business ethics in order to set a better example for their young employees. For many who work there, it is their first real job out of college. Teaching these new workers poor ethics and business practices in only doing a disservice to them and their future professional careers.

Mundane Company

Associate (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

Prosno positive on this company.

ConsMundane Company, CEO has attitude problem.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Keep looking, if you can

ProsCo-workers generally get along well.
    Good work-life balance.
    Well-established in the industry.

ConsManagement clearly considers employees to be expendable.
    Incredibly high turnover and very dissatisfied employees.
    Lots of dishonesty and broken promises, with both employees and clients.
    Below average pay and laughable bonus structures.
    Lack of training, leadership and goals.
    No transparency in terms of company performance, goals and plans.
    Lots of projects get started. Few get finished.
    Ridiculous micro-management.
    Little opportunity for career growth.
    The market is saturated and the company is stuck with a few main clients. They've constantly tried to diversify (from just Epic) and failed. As those clients finish their implementations and the market starts to die down, the company is on the decline.
    Management is quick to criticize and slow to express appreciation.
    Overarching company policies change frequently.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat others how you would like to be treated.

Good first job

Associate (Current Employee) Fremont, CA

Pros-Great work/life balance, don't have to bring your work home.
    -You have an 8-5 or 9-6 job (can come in any time between 8-9am and leave after your 8 hours + 1 hour lunch)
    -Not too stressful of a work environment
    -Just established a commission plan, though the plan is not as competitive as other places, still is more than the commission plan previously offered, which was nothing
    -Free Monday morning breakfasts (usually bagels, yogurt, and granola)
    -Young company/employees that mostly consists of recent grads, fun young environment
    -Employees who leave this company normally advance to bigger and better opportunities, great first job and a transition between college and the real professional world

Cons-Young company/employees, means immaturity in some cases
    -No idea how they decide to promote or favor some employees while completely failing to recognize others, only throwing money at them when they feel like or know that employee is about to leave
    -Lack of transparency in senior management
    -CEO is not willing to loosen the purse strings to provide more perks for employees. We are a young company, and know what our peers with our skill sets are being provided at their companies. This creates desire to leave the company when we feel we aren't being appreciated, and only feeds the very high turnover rate (employees normally leave after the 10-14 month mark )
    -Virtually no/very little opportunity for growth. After associate there is team lead (there's only 2) on the recruiting side, none on sales side, and after that is only Director level which no Associate has or probably will reach.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease show some more employee appreciation as well as provide more opportunities for growth. This can help with he high turnover rate. Also, favoritism is very obvious and we are very aware of it.

You get out of it what you put into it

Recruiter (Current Employee)

ProsGreat starting point post college. Definitely a learning environment; the peers are great to work with and it's a fun environment without a lot of pressure. The smaller size allows for more growth as you get to take on a variety of different roles, and you are able to express opinions and make suggestions to upper management. I've seen a lot of negative reviews about this place, but from my experience if you work hard and communicate frequently with management your hard work will eventually be recognized and rewarded. They really like to see initiative, and if you make it known that you want to learn more and do more, more responsibility will be awarded.

ConsThis place definitely moves at its open pace, and there can be some slow times. More communication and employee appreciation is necessary, but I have seen a lot of improvements since I first started working here. Less of a disconnect between associates and management is necessary.

If you don't want high blood pressure, avoid this company.

Epic Specialist (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsI got a paycheck, although sometimes it was late.

ConsLate payrolls. Lazy, uninformed recruiters. Account nazis who removed expenses from reports without reason or notification. High turnover among internal employees. They've completely forgotten to mark large expense reports as approved, delaying payment. If you work for them as a contractor, expect at least one frustrating email a week where they are trying to rip you off. Also expect them to be totally inconsistent as to what's reimbursable and what's not when traveling.

Advice to Senior ManagementTrain your recruiting and office staff better, and maintain your finances so you don't stiff people on their paychecks.

Greedy and they suck

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat customers. Abhishek himself cannot be everywhere - but he is trying to do it all by himself. Epic believes in Abhishek and so do several large customers.

ConsThe CEO is very greedy and it appears that he wants to do whatever it takes to make a quick buck. This is not how you build a long-lasting enterprise.

Advice to Senior ManagementGrow up, Abhishek. Remember that your biggest strength is your employees. You need to take care of your assets because without them you are nothing. Sending a card during Christmas will cost you net to nothing!

Agree with other Reviewers

Consultant (Former Employee) Sacramento, CA

ProsI did not experience anything positive.

ConsLife and career advancement is hard enough - steer clear of this organization and save yourself some grief. The previous reviewers are all 100% correct.

Advice to Senior ManagementPerhaps a business ethics class would help?

Temporary.

Recruiter (Former Employee) Fremont, CA

ProsEntry-level opportunities: Although school ranking and GPA are considered, 314e hires recent graduates without preference of major and they are willing to train.

Work-life balance: Employees never stay past 5:30pm.

ConsEmployee turnaround rate: As an employee who had worked there for very close to one year, in my time I had seen at the very least 18 other employees leave, whether they had been there for a few months or had been hired only a month previously. It is rare for an employee to stay at 314e past one year. Most employees treat this job as an initial stepping stone or as a temporary job while looking for something or waiting on something else.

Career growth: There is not much room for career growth - after Senior Sales or Senior Recruiting Associate, there is nowhere to go. Senior positions are only two away from entry level positions.

Work environment: Telemarketing environment. Work duties are mundane.There are numbers to meet on both the Sales and Recruiting side.

Lack of professionalism: an unheard of amount of fraternizing among employees.

Lack of quality of benefits: Kaiser plan with co-payments of $30; no dental coverage; 10 pto days by accrual; 2 sick days for the year.

Corporate strategy: 314e's business strategy and growth is stagnant at best. Earlier on in the year, they tried to expand the business by working with a number of different EMRs. Due to lack of organization and progress, they reverted back to working with only one EMR, Epic, which has a number of limitations and requirements that will not allow the company to grow quickly enough. Because they only work with one EMR, their client base is limited and they have heavy competition with other agencies for the same candidates. Moreover, relationships between 314e and candidates/previous employed consultants are poorly maintained and/or tarnished, therefore adding further difficulty to finding candidates to fill jobs.

Micro-management: Managers micro-manage more heavily here than any other company I have every worked for. Managers will also respond to clients and candidates on behalf of an employee through said employee's email account without actual permission from the employee.

Lack of transparency: The best way to describe upper management is that it is a definite 'Boys' Club'. They are also very passive and dishonest, which makes communication almost impossible and severely ineffective and inefficient.

Low morality: Senior management operates on little to no morality:
    - Managers will submit resumes on behalf of candidates without having actually received permission from the candidate. They submit these resumes to 'prospects jobs' in hopes of acquiring a new contract. This is misleading to the client as they may be looking at a resume of someone who isn't even interested or available.
    - Managers will submit candidate resume to jobs of hospitals they have no relationship with, which is misleading to candidates and explains the lack of call-backs.
    - There exists a secret side business with one major Sacramento client that exists purely because of a previous tarnished relationship between 314e's CEO and that hospital. Although it is operating in the same building alongside 314e, it is forbidden to be spoken about and treated as invisible.
    - Although it is all a part of the business, 314e will often try to pay consultants far under the rate they deserve. In the time that I was with 314e, I have not seen a client bill rate under $120/hour, and they often go up to $150/hour. Although some consultants manage to achieve $80-90/hour, management will often offer consultants in the $60/hour range. Management will make the Recruiter unwillingly offer this amount and make the Recruiter handle the situation when it backfires.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe lack of honest and positive business relations and lack of actual regard for employees will be the ultimate downfall for this company.

Worked for 314e? Contribute to the Community!