360 Mortgage Group

Updated December 16, 2014
Updated December 16, 2014
2.9

Mark Greco

Growing by leaps and bounds

Current Employee - Customer Care in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Customer Care in Austin, TX

I have been working at 360 Mortgage Group (less than a year)

Pros

It is exciting working in an environment of a company that is growing quickly. There are opportunities to stretch knowledge and be part of building blocks.

Cons

Rapid change can bring chaos. Rapid growth stretches the resources pretty thin. Communication some times breaks down with things moving quickly.

Keep hiring plans level with growth plans. A shift of benefit expense to employees resulting in a large unexpected expense pulls down morale. Rapid morale building is needed to prevent turnover.

Employees are simply disposable pawns for this employer.

I worked at 360 Mortgage Group full-time (less than a year)

Pros

They are pretty much always looking for new employees. And if you enjoy getting screamed at on the phone and by your boss, this is a good fit.

Cons

The reason they're looking for new employees so often is b/c they create a lot of turnover. They bring in new people with little to no experience, make them promises about the future growth potential they'll have once they make it through training, then start moving them around between departments to avoid increasing their salary as originally promised. The best part is, they are prone to mass layoffs, but only once they've worked their employees to death, yelled at them and squeezed them for all they've got to put big bucks into the pockets of the higher ups. Once the dust has settled from the big layoffs, they start the next wave of new hires. Peat repeat. This company only cares about putting money into the pockets of their executive staff.

Treat your employees like they're actually the valuable assets that they are. Without them, all those loans you're cramming through the pipeline wouldn't be able to be processed and your CEO and COO wouldn't be bringing in the $400k + that each of them is.

Do not go to work for this company.

Former Employee - I Was Invited to Join the Now Defunct Reverse Mortgage Division

I worked at 360 Mortgage Group full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I got paid on time. The insurance was better than Obamcare.

Cons

They did not honor their contract. They engaged in questionable lead generation policies. They did not know what they were doing.

Think through what your plans are. Your actions directly affect other's lives and families.

Does not follow up with their contract

I worked at 360 Mortgage Group

Pros

I can't say much that's a pro about this company

Cons

The cons are that they don't honor their contract

Great atmosphere!!

I worked at 360 Mortgage Group full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The understanding that management has of personal needs not to mention there is a great balance of work/life.

Cons

They do tend to underpay you for your position

Allow more room for advancement

Fantastic! Best job ever!

Current Employee - Director of First Impressions and Fulfillment Specialist in Austin, TX

I have been working at 360 Mortgage Group full-time (less than a year)

Pros

My personal take on this and I know many many many more employees agree with me. (however I will speak for myself) think 360 Mortgage Group, LLC is the best Company I have ever worked at. I have deff had my share of less than par companies that have had warped ethical tactics. This is definitely not the case. I enjoy my job, my boss, the owners, all the other supervisors, all the other people that I work with. I mean really, who can say that about their job?! There is typically conflict and drama. No drama here! Their caring attitude to all individuals in the company is above and beyond what is ever expected. I was hospitalized for 3 weeks in June and the support and encouragement is seriously above and beyond! I see them as being compassionate and pretty darn liberal in their mentality all balanced with professionalism. I enjoy getting up every morning (and I am not a morning person) and look forward to coming to work. I even enjoy Mondays! Go 360 Mortgage Company!!! We rock!!--- Just wanted to throw my opinion out there for anyone contemplating a job with this company. As a current employee, its awesome!

Cons

There isn't any! How many people can say that?!

Keep doing what y'all are doing!

Beware of over-promises. It's a casual atmosphere at a nice building offering profit sharing.

Former Employee - AE in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - AE in Austin, TX

I worked at 360 Mortgage Group full-time (more than a year)

Pros

It's a great place to get started in your career. Not typical banking atmosphere so can wear whatever. Food usually once a week. It's small, under 75 employees so everyone knows one another.

Cons

There have been mass layoffs over the past several years. Not all employees see long term benefits as sold upon hire. 360MG will bulk up work force during summer months then layoff or fire during slower seasons.

Be honest and ethical with your workforce, upfront and throughout. Address issues rather than ignore jand be open with funding availability, employee staffing quality due to lower entry pay and layoffs from lack of reserves during slow months.

The BEST employer in the mortgage industry!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at 360 Mortgage Group full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Working together as a team while keeping a balanced, happy life. Excellent benefits that typically aren't offered in the mortgage world. I always thought all the employers in the industry were the same and simply a "grass is greener on the other side of the fence". That is not the case, I had no idea such an employer existed in this space. Great business plan, excellent leaders,stable and growing and a very casual, enjoyable culture and environment.

Cons

None that I've experienced unless you want to count traffic as a negative aspect but that's the price you pay for living, working and loving AUSTIN! They could pay more but instead they offer excellent benefits and perks while still maintaining competitive compensation.

Keep up the good work! Great to find real values and not just hype.

The pay is not good, but the environment is laid back

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I worked at 360 Mortgage Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

There is a laid back environment, unmet by most financial institutions, because alot of the employees are recent college graduates.

Cons

The pay is not good, as they look to hire young people right out of college and train them from the ground-up. Being in Austin with the large university they are able to find a handful of young hires and not pay them well. Very few opportunities for advancement within this company.

Pay your loyal, diligent employees well so you don't lose good employees to more competitive salaries.

Lacks professionalism

I worked at 360 Mortgage Group full-time (less than a year)

Pros

It's very laid back and the people are friendly. There is rarely any overtime.

Cons

It's a very unprofessional place to work. For a company of this small size, upper management was completely absent and seemingly apathetic towards it's employees. The training program had no structure and lacked preparation by the trainer. During down time, there is absolutely nothing to do and time inches by. Pay is low.

Training program is way too long, have better communication between the rank in file and upper management.

360 Mortgage Group Photos

Peter Lik artwork in the office!
Company event at Triple A baseball game