360 Mortgage Group

3.3

Mark Greco

Great atmosphere!!

I worked at 360 Mortgage Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

The understanding that management has of personal needs not to mention there is a great balance of work/life.

Cons

They do tend to underpay you for your position

Allow more room for advancement

Fantastic! Best job ever!

Current Employee - Director of First Impressions and Fulfillment Specialist  in  Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Director of First Impressions and Fulfillment Specialist in Austin, TX

I have been working at 360 Mortgage Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

My personal take on this and I know many many many more employees agree with me. (however I will speak for myself) think 360 Mortgage Group, LLC is the best Company I have ever worked at. I have deff had my share of less than par companies that have had warped ethical tactics. This is definitely not the case. I enjoy my job, my boss, the owners, all the other supervisors, all the other people that I work with. I mean really, who can say that about their job?! There is typically conflict and drama. No drama here! Their caring attitude to all individuals in the company is above and beyond what is ever expected. I was hospitalized for 3 weeks in June and the support and encouragement is seriously above and beyond! I see them as being compassionate and pretty darn liberal in their mentality all balanced with professionalism. I enjoy getting up every morning (and I am not a morning person) and look forward to coming to work. I even enjoy Mondays! Go 360 Mortgage Company!!! We rock!!--- Just wanted to throw my opinion out there for anyone contemplating a job with this company. As a current employee, its awesome!

Cons

There isn't any! How many people can say that?!

Keep doing what y'all are doing!

Beware of over-promises. It's a casual atmosphere at a nice building offering profit sharing.

Former Employee - AE  in  Austin, TX
    Former Employee - AE in Austin, TX

I worked at 360 Mortgage Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

It's a great place to get started in your career. Not typical banking atmosphere so can wear whatever. Food usually once a week. It's small, under 75 employees so everyone knows one another.

Cons

There have been mass layoffs over the past several years. Not all employees see long term benefits as sold upon hire. 360MG will bulk up work force during summer months then layoff or fire during slower seasons.

Be honest and ethical with your workforce, upfront and throughout. Address issues rather than ignore jand be open with funding availability, employee staffing quality due to lower entry pay and layoffs from lack of reserves during slow months.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

The BEST employer in the mortgage industry!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at 360 Mortgage Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Working together as a team while keeping a balanced, happy life. Excellent benefits that typically aren't offered in the mortgage world. I always thought all the employers in the industry were the same and simply a "grass is greener on the other side of the fence". That is not the case, I had no idea such an employer existed in this space. Great business plan, excellent leaders,stable and growing and a very casual, enjoyable culture and environment.

Cons

None that I've experienced unless you want to count traffic as a negative aspect but that's the price you pay for living, working and loving AUSTIN! They could pay more but instead they offer excellent benefits and perks while still maintaining competitive compensation.

Keep up the good work! Great to find real values and not just hype.

The pay is not good, but the environment is laid back

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I worked at 360 Mortgage Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There is a laid back environment, unmet by most financial institutions, because alot of the employees are recent college graduates.

Cons

The pay is not good, as they look to hire young people right out of college and train them from the ground-up. Being in Austin with the large university they are able to find a handful of young hires and not pay them well. Very few opportunities for advancement within this company.

Pay your loyal, diligent employees well so you don't lose good employees to more competitive salaries.

Lacks professionalism

Former Employee - Underwriter  in  Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Underwriter in Austin, TX

I worked at 360 Mortgage Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

It's very laid back and the people are friendly. There is rarely any overtime.

Cons

It's a very unprofessional place to work. For a company of this small size, upper management was completely absent and seemingly apathetic towards it's employees. The training program had no structure and lacked preparation by the trainer. During down time, there is absolutely nothing to do and time inches by. Pay is low.

Training program is way too long, have better communication between the rank in file and upper management.

Good entry level job, not much room for growth

Former Employee - Underwrtier  in  Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Underwrtier in Austin, TX

I worked at 360 Mortgage Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

The culture of the company was great. All of the workers got along well since we were all in the same boat.
    They give catered lunch the last week of every month when it's busiest.
    No micro-management.

Cons

Not a lot of advice or interaction came from management. In a small company with less than 50 employees you'd expect quite a bit of collaboration but this wasn't the case.
    Salary is very low compared to industry standards.
    Workload when the industry is slow is zero to none.
    Offer "promotions" or title changes but will keep you at the same salary even though the amount of work is more complex.

Interact with your employees and pay them accordingly for their work before they find better opportunities.

Good Employer, Limited Career Potential

I have been working at 360 Mortgage Group

Pros

Fair pay, good hours, an ok place to work

Cons

Arbitrary promotions, Limited career advancement

New Wholesale Lender with Excellent Technology and people but LOTS of overlays

I worked at 360 Mortgage Group

Pros

-phenomenal, cutting edge technology. takes 5 minutes to upload a loan and they have an IM chat feature with underwriters. FHA connection integrated into the system. Email notifications on every step of the way.
    -Some of the underwriters are the best i've worked with in my career and they have a lot of people on the inside who truly care and actually try to get things done. The branch manager in Austin is a saint and if everyone worked like her, they would have clients for life because of her excellent service and dedication.
    -they order wires on loans the night before and have all day to fund that loan - easiest funding process i've ever encountered.
    -100% paperless system

Cons

They have LOTS of underwriting overlays - something like a 30 page document of all of them. They are VERY conservative because they are protecting 1) their investor and 2) their funding ratio with their Lines.
    -they use an internal appraisal panel rather than local AMC's. This has been a hotly contested item but they want control of the panel.
    -they are conservative with the programs and properties they will lend on, sometimes too much which means turning away lots of business.
    -They dont have market-specific rate sheets so they cannot incentivize certain markets that are slower. And Texas is NOT the same market as San Diego - both in pricing and product mix.
    -the AE comp plan is low for the industry - 10 bps for conventional, 12 bps for FHA and 15 for portfolio.
    broker approval for new broker setup was slow because the primary person handles other departments

if you want to succeed in CA, you need to have better pricing and product mix available. Remove underwriting overlays on DU approved loans. Remove your overlays on temp high balance loans to be more in line with other lenders in the market. Get Freddie programs and make them competitive. Incentivize your preferred brokers and treat them like gold because not a lot of brokers are using lenders who dont have a niche. The portfolio program is not a niche if it's priced out of the market. Going only after the 'cream of the crop loans' is not a good strategy for an up and coming lender if all the best brokers are still approved with Wells, Citi, GMAC etc. To be competitive with the big boys, you need to be priced AND PERFORM at least the same, if not better, than they are currently servicing their best clients.

360 Mortgage Group Photos

Peter Lik artwork in the office!
Company event at Triple A baseball game

+ Add Photo

Worked for 360 Mortgage Group? Contribute to the Community!