360i Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
3.6
Sarah Hofstetter

Pros
  • Smart people that want to be great (in 8 reviews)

• Strong work-life balance, great team work and clients (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • You will have no work-life balance (in 4 reviews)

• The company has grown very quickly, and there are definitely some growing pains (in 3 reviews)

1. Strategist

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

I have been working at 360i (Less than a year)

Pros

The strategy department is highly valued and lead many of the projects The creative department is constantly evolving and pushing the boundaries between advertising, tech, and digital/social media

Cons

Big place and can be difficult to stand out

2. Great place to work!

Pros

Good work environment and amazing atmosphere.

Cons

Commute to work is a pain.

3. Office Services Associate

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at 360i full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A very relax place to work

Cons

I am seeking to grow within a company

5. Insights & Planning Intern

Former Employee - Intern in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Intern in New York, NY

Pros

Even though I've only been at 360i for 3 months, my internship experience was incredible! Everyone I've worked with is not only smart and inquisitive, but also friendly and willing to help. As an intern, it can be tough to go into an agency and try to navigate the ropes in 3 months, but my awesome mentor and supervisor, along with my co-interns, made this process much easier. I genuinely felt that my colleagues appreciated my input and this was also demonstrated in the variety of challenging projects that I was assigned to as the weeks went on. Although I can't speak to the experience of working here as a permanent employee, I can confidently say that this was by far my favorite internship experience (out of the 6 that I've had) and I would encourage any college students who are curious about the advertising industry or agency culture, to apply for 360i! You'll get a chance to work with both amazing clients and be a part of cool office events. One of my favorite parts of my internship was when platform vendors and social companies (such as instagram), came to the office to speak about their technology's capabilities and educate us on how we can integrate it into our work.

Cons

I was only here for 3 months and didn't see any cons stand out :)

6. Atlanta Media

Current Employee - Media Supervisor in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Media Supervisor in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at 360i full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

360i has a lot of smart people and creates a caring environment with reasonable hours. Beer is on tap and a culture of work hard play hard is encouraged

Cons

In order to create a winning agency and effective departments, individuals will often feel siloed in their departments. For junior employees, this can be a tough thing to adjust to.

7. Must Love Social.

Current Employee - Copywriter
    Current Employee - Copywriter

Pros

Fun brands like HBO, Oreo, Coca-Cola, and Canon. Multiple opportunities to have work recognized and picked up by press. Some talented creative senior leadership. Beer on tap, epic roof top, pool/game room.

Cons

Account kills creative rather than support it. Strategy and briefs need serious work. High turn over rate in the creative department. Enormously unbalanced female to male ratio which creates a very cliquey and overly dramatic atmosphere.

Advice to Management

Reward the ones who keep their head down and create great work. Discipline the whiny creatives with huge egos. Account needs to stop rolling over for the client and strategy needs to start inspiring the creatives.

8. You might be happier at another agency

Current Employee - Media Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Media Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at 360i full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Perks: free coffee, free beer and a cool game room on 5th floor (for the low compensation though, these "perks" are not really worth it at all--I'd rather have more money to actually make it in NYC than free coffee)

Cons

360i is traditional in the approach to digital advertising. Compared to other agencies of its size, 360i is lagging in new strategies and development as well as compensation. 360i prides itself on flashiness without substance and even the clients think so, as they openly admit that 360i is "holding back" (this was actually said at a recent meeting with a new very client acquired in Feb 2015). There is no formal training process and the entire office is very cliquey and fratty. I am actively searching for other positions and can't wait to get out of here and actually get paid. If you are looking for a higher degree, there is no tuition reimbursement and the 360iU that you hear about in interviews takes place once every 6 months so...it's not comprehensive to learning. just read all these reviews and look at the rating trend for 360i on Glassdoor and you will see a steady decline. Those who love it here are most likely upper management (5 years plus) or not in NYC office. Do your research and then apply elsewhere--360i is not worth all the hype, I promise you

Advice to Management

train your employees and pay them a real NYC living wage (McDonald's workers will soon get more per hour than 360i employees!)

9. Overall Atmosphere

Pros

I absolutely love the place. The people are willing to help you with anything at any given time. The office is also a great place to take your mind off things with putting, video games, and beer.

Cons

It does get a little monotonous looking at a computer screen the entire day.

Advice to Management

I love the office and work. Keep up the good job.

360i needs to stop massaging creative ego

I worked at 360i full-time

Pros

It has good perks and benefits as well as some smart people that know how to do digital marketing. They also have a roof deck and an ok office.

Cons

I've never seen any other advertising agencies that let creatives throw tantrums and bully other departments into doing whatever they feel like doing at the moment. It starts with bad etiquette, such as not coming on time to meetings if coming at all, to bad behavior such as not applying constructive feedback to their work that are not on-brief and totally ignoring other department's process and timing. There are countless days people on the team would stay after-hours or work weekends because creatives were being inconsiderate of the project schedule and other people's times. I understand this can happen in advertising but it baffles me that NOT ONE account manager or producer will comment on how messed up it is to creative's faces. For some reason everyone is afraid of hurting the creatives feelings and will walk on tip-toes around them while pushing other people on the team extra hard to make up for the creative's lack of discipline.

Advice to Management

Get a reality check. It isn't just the creative department producing your innovative work. The fratty and tyrannical culture of the creative department will eventually ruin it for the agency and all the good talents will leave to where they will be appreciated and not bullied. Stop encouraging hostile work culture.

Art Director

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at 360i full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free bad beer on tap. Ping pong table. Meeting room has fog capabilities. pool table. Everybody works from home most of the time.

Cons

Not alot of talented people. No process. Every department is silo. Execution level is below average.

Advice to Management

Take care of the junior and mid level. It's not about working late, its about creating passion and atmosphere in the office. Work closely with tech.

RSS Feed </> Embed