360i Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
3.4
Sarah Hofstetter

Pros
  • Smart people that want to be great (in 8 reviews)

• Strong work-life balance, great team work and clients (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • You will have no work-life balance (in 4 reviews)

• The company has grown very quickly, and there are definitely some growing pains (in 3 reviews)

1. Must Love Social.

Current Employee - Copywriter
    Current Employee - Copywriter

I have been working at 360i

Pros

Fun brands like HBO, Oreo, Coca-Cola, and Canon. Multiple opportunities to have work recognized and picked up by press. Some talented creative senior leadership. Beer on tap, epic roof top, pool/game room.

Cons

Account kills creative rather than support it. Strategy and briefs need serious work. High turn over rate in the creative department. Enormously unbalanced female to male ratio which creates a very cliquey and overly dramatic atmosphere.

Advice to Management

Reward the ones who keep their head down and create great work. Discipline the whiny creatives with huge egos. Account needs to stop rolling over for the client and strategy needs to start inspiring the creatives.

2. Overall Atmosphere

I have been working at 360i

Pros

I absolutely love the place. The people are willing to help you with anything at any given time. The office is also a great place to take your mind off things with putting, video games, and beer.

Cons

It does get a little monotonous looking at a computer screen the entire day.

Advice to Management

I love the office and work. Keep up the good job.

3. 360i needs to stop massaging creative ego

I worked at 360i full-time

Pros

It has good perks and benefits as well as some smart people that know how to do digital marketing. They also have a roof deck and an ok office.

Cons

I've never seen any other advertising agencies that let creatives throw tantrums and bully other departments into doing whatever they feel like doing at the moment. It starts with bad etiquette, such as not coming on time to meetings if coming at all, to bad behavior such as not applying constructive feedback to their work that are not on-brief and totally ignoring other department's process and timing. There are countless days people on the team would stay after-hours or work weekends because creatives were being inconsiderate of the project schedule and other people's times. I understand this can happen in advertising but it baffles me that NOT ONE account manager or producer will comment on how messed up it is to creative's faces. For some reason everyone is afraid of hurting the creatives feelings and will walk on tip-toes around them while pushing other people on the team extra hard to make up for the creative's lack of discipline.

Advice to Management

Get a reality check. It isn't just the creative department producing your innovative work. The fratty and tyrannical culture of the creative department will eventually ruin it for the agency and all the good talents will leave to where they will be appreciated and not bullied. Stop encouraging hostile work culture.

Art Director

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at 360i full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free bad beer on tap. Ping pong table. Meeting room has fog capabilities. pool table. Everybody works from home most of the time.

Cons

Not alot of talented people. No process. Every department is silo. Execution level is below average.

Advice to Management

Take care of the junior and mid level. It's not about working late, its about creating passion and atmosphere in the office. Work closely with tech.

6. Analyst

Former Employee - Insights Analyst in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Insights Analyst in New York, NY

I worked at 360i

Pros

The culture and people makes it a great place to work. Summer Fridays, Bagel Fridays, beer tap, ping-pong table, etc...all the perks you can imagine at an agency.

Cons

Depending on the team and role, the compensation for entry-level positions is not very competitive. And it usually takes as much or even longer time to get promoted as at a larger agency/company.

Advice to Management

Accelerate employee review process and involve employees in decision making.

7. Curiously Lame

Former Employee - Creative Department in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Creative Department in New York, NY

I worked at 360i

Pros

Free hand sanitizer and beer

Cons

One of the most creatively repressive atmospheres. Old-school, insecure, agency hacks to lord over young talented creatives. The great work came from abusing them. And should your work be nominated for awards, win a pitch, or go into production, upper management would walk around gloating and steal all the credit. Typically meetings would go all day, leaving the actual work to start around 6pm. Every night there'd be 10-15 creatives working to 3AM. Other then the manipulative, incompetent management, bad pay, ugly lighting, uncomfortable office, sweat-shop hours, strategists who think they're creative directors, flawed work flow process, and truly nauseating bathrooms, I'm sure it's not the worst place to work

Advice to Management

Why not try something you're good at?

8. There are management issues to improve

I have been working at 360i full-time

Pros

a) Award winning agency. b) Great roof deck! If you ever work there you would definitely like it. c) Nice people all around.

Cons

a) Poor training. I haven't got any training from my manager because he said he's not familiar with what I do. I was thrown to someone who's considered "knows everything" and with what I learned from this person I keep being challenged by my manager for doing wrong and missing processes. b) Poor management. An account executive does not know what his/her account managers are doing. There is no responsibility covering. With the absence or resignation of an account manager, the whole project is postponed. c) Lack of standards. The working processes of two extremely similar projects can be extremely different, which is super confusing to new hires and affects effectiveness. Plus no reviewing policies. My manager barely reviews my work... Errors are only found when they turn really significant and obvious. d) Interdepartment communication is terrible...

Advice to Management

Develop working standards and reviewing policies to ensure work quality within departments.

9. Look to another agency-it's all hype here

Current Employee - Account Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Account Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at 360i full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Beer tap on every floor Flashy, cool clients Great rooftop deck Diversity

Cons

Little to no training for new hires Meetings, meetings, meetings, meetings (when is actual work done you ask? When you stay late every day!) Traditional in digital approach to advertising Upper level management is not in touch with lower level employee work Very cliquey office culture Flashy PowerPoints in client meetings without substance Working at 360i is like being back in your freshman year of high school-it is chock full of cliques, poor ideas and a desperate desire to fit in with the crowd. 360i's tag line "powered by curiousity" does not properly reflect the actual work that employees do day to day, as ideas are often shut down by upper level management. 360i prides itself on flashy game rooms, beer taps and free coffee but the turn over rate is so high, HR can barely keep up. Your days will be filled with repetitive meetings, as people on the same team often have no clue what is happening and when and you will go home mentally exhausted every day, only to come back and do the same thing the next. You will stay late often and you'll work on the weekends too! To add to all this, you will be compensated poorly compared to other agencies (you'll need a 2nd or 3rd roommate) and your manager will most likely credit your ideas as his/hers.

Advice to Management

TRAIN YOUR EMPLOYEES PROPERLY-we cannot do our jobs if we don't know how to do them

Smart, Innovative Company

Current Employee - Insights in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Insights in New York, NY

I have been working at 360i full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pushes the industry and their clients forward by using specialty services like search, DWOM and social listening in addition to standard agency offerings.

Cons

Not for the weak or shy - it's an intense group of bold and outspoken people.

Takes a lot of getting used to

I have been working at 360i

Pros

Some very smart people, good structure for most disciplines (besides social marketing, which is a wonky mess of people who are asked to wear 1,000 hats), solid processes, a ton of opportunity for learning and growing, great pay, good bonus structure, good work-life balance

Cons

Unenjoyable environment, internal competition, very little comaraderie, very corporate feeling. If you want a job where you can get your work done between 10-6 and go home and not have to think about it in off hours, this place is great. If you want somewhere you'll be passionate about, avoid.

Advice to Management

Encourage your teams to care about each other as people. Stop promoting people based solely on seniority. Listen to peer reviews. Put people who know what they're doing in charge.

RSS Feed </> Embed