360i Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
3.6
Sarah Hofstetter

Pros
  • Smart people that want to be great (in 8 reviews)

• Strong work-life balance, great team work and clients (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • You will have no work-life balance (in 4 reviews)

• The company has grown very quickly, and there are definitely some growing pains (in 3 reviews)

1. Analyst

Former Employee - Insights Analyst in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Insights Analyst in New York, NY

I worked at 360i

Pros

The culture and people makes it a great place to work. Summer Fridays, Bagel Fridays, beer tap, ping-pong table, etc...all the perks you can imagine at an agency.

Cons

Depending on the team and role, the compensation for entry-level positions is not very competitive. And it usually takes as much or even longer time to get promoted as at a larger agency/company.

Advice to Management

Accelerate employee review process and involve employees in decision making.

2. There are management issues to improve

I have been working at 360i full-time

Pros

a) Award winning agency.
    b) Great roof deck! If you ever work there you would definitely like it.
    c) Nice people all around.

Cons

a) Poor training. I haven't got any training from my manager because he said he's not familiar with what I do. I was thrown to someone who's considered "knows everything" and with what I learned from this person I keep being challenged by my manager for doing wrong and missing processes.
    b) Poor management. An account executive does not know what his/her account managers are doing. There is no responsibility covering. With the absence or resignation of an account manager, the whole project is postponed.
    c) Lack of standards. The working processes of two extremely similar projects can be extremely different, which is super confusing to new hires and affects effectiveness. Plus no reviewing policies. My manager barely reviews my work... Errors are only found when they turn really significant and obvious.
    d) Interdepartment communication is terrible...

Advice to Management

Develop working standards and reviewing policies to ensure work quality within departments.

3. Media Manager

Current Employee - Media Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Media Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at 360i

Pros

Great office culture: free beer, coffee, game room, etc-all the things typical to an agency

Cons

There is no formal training for any position. Depending on your team and client, you may be putting in very long hours, working on weekends and constantly on call. Poor work/life balance without proper compensation. Also, there is a very cliquey culture--if you and your team don't get along, you will be left out of many events-favoritism plays a big role in promotion.

Advice to Management

Pay attention to your exisiting employees-360i is growing at an alarmingly fast rate and employees are not getting noticed. also, Sarah H (CEO) needs an attitude adjustment

Smart, Innovative Company

Current Employee - Insights in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Insights in New York, NY

I have been working at 360i full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pushes the industry and their clients forward by using specialty services like search, DWOM and social listening in addition to standard agency offerings.

Cons

Not for the weak or shy - it's an intense group of bold and outspoken people.

Takes a lot of getting used to

I have been working at 360i

Pros

Some very smart people, good structure for most disciplines (besides social marketing, which is a wonky mess of people who are asked to wear 1,000 hats), solid processes, a ton of opportunity for learning and growing, great pay, good bonus structure, good work-life balance

Cons

Unenjoyable environment, internal competition, very little comaraderie, very corporate feeling. If you want a job where you can get your work done between 10-6 and go home and not have to think about it in off hours, this place is great. If you want somewhere you'll be passionate about, avoid.

Advice to Management

Encourage your teams to care about each other as people. Stop promoting people based solely on seniority. Listen to peer reviews. Put people who know what they're doing in charge.

A positive experience

Current Employee - Art Director in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Art Director in New York, NY

I have been working at 360i (More than a year)

Pros

360i is full of good people, and has a lot of premium clients. The work created here is mostly digital, so there are lots of potential for hands on experience creating interactive and the social advertising campaigns.

360 is a great place for the people that call themselves doers. They reward those who take responsibility and actually get the job done.

Cons

The turn around of both talent with in 360i and client side makes it difficult to plan projects and build close relationships. Some of the best ad ideas don't make it to clients, because of internal politics or of the idea does make it to the client's it is killed because of a lack of trust.

360 is also under staffed which results in talent burning out and quitting.

Advice to Management

Give more responsibilities to mid level talent.

8. Insights Intern

I have been working at 360i

Pros

Free beer, Cool people, Cool environment

Cons

Pay psi partyPay, job variety

Group Account Director

Current Employee - Group Account Director in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Group Account Director in Chicago, IL

I have been working at 360i

Pros

I have been at 360i for almost 5 years and cannot imagine being anywhere else. I work with great clients and have an incredibly talented cast across all of the business that I oversee. The management team has consistently supported my interests, growth and development over the past 5 years. And, on the minimal number of occasions where I've been faced with challenges that require senior management level escalation, my needs have been addressed quickly.

Cons

Like every agency, there are challenges upon occasion, but when those come up, they are given the appropriate level of attention and action is taken quickly.

Advice to Management

Keep killin it! :)

10. love my job- best agency out there

I have been working at 360i full-time (More than a year)

Pros

smart, cool people - learn something new everyday. high performers are rewarded. start-up mentality with strong financial backing. diverse client roster. summer fridays!

Cons

some teams are a bit lean; however it provides plenty of opportunities for growth

Advice to Management

continue being transparent about the company vision

Calling it a "creative" department is too generous

I worked at 360i full-time

Pros

The janitorial staff is friendly and thorough.

The office location is close to the train (there's a station exit into the building).

Cons

360i's creative department has a pervasive and toxic frat boy culture. Subtle sexism is rampant.

Even worse is creative management, who seem perfectly content to continue pushing an endless supply of hacky advertising into the world.

To work at 360i is to be continually reminded of their lone success story from a large sporting event in early 2013. One could say they're resting on their laurels, but seeing as there's only one laurel, even that's charitable.

Advice to Management

A smug attitude doesn't mean a hire has talent. An agency's worth is determined by the quality of its work, and 360i needs to take a close look at what's being churned out.

RSS Feed </> Embed