360training

Updated January 28, 2015
Updated January 28, 2015
2.3

Ed Sattar

Pros
  • Great industry to be in, fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment and smart colleagues (in 5 reviews)

• great place to learn and make big mistakes because nobody knows what they're doing (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Team members sometimes out-of-sync on the tasks, due to their Managers lack of communication (dheelapan :P ) (in 3 reviews)

• Job security is non-existent in this company (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

In my years..

Current Employee - Consumer Support Supervisor in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Consumer Support Supervisor in Austin, TX

I have been working at 360training full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I joined 360training October of 2010. This is the 2nd company that I worked
    for here in the Philippines. I was an Overseas Worker for four years in
    Shanghai, China working for a top corporate real estate company in Mainland
    as a Customer Relations Manager. The job pays very well, but was not giving
    me that fulfilling factor. After months of decision making, I decided to
    try my luck here in the Philippines. Finding a good job that matches what I
    earned working abroad was not easy. The first company I worked for was a
    BPO company. It did not last even for a year. It pays awfully low and there
    was just too many people to deal with. I decided to move on and try my luck
    in the Metro, one interview after another. I did not want to make the wrong
    decision and regret it later on, so I did the "Goldilocks" --- too soft...
    too hard... just right. Finally, I found my "just right" company,
    360training. The offer given to me did not really matched what I was
    expecting to get but was very competative compared to offers of other
    companies. Beyond that, I saw a great opportunity to really grow with the
    company; the culture, the diversity, the location, and the people. From an
    agent in Customer Service, I was promoted as Supervisor. This year, I will
    turn 5 years old. Five years of service and growing and I am looking
    forward to it. So at this point, I can now really say that 360training is
    not just right, but perfect fit for me.

Cons

In every company, we see things that we can improve but more than that, its the way people contribute to each problem we encounter.

Onwards and upwards.

360 Training is a great place for people who are hungry for growth and wiling to take ownership.

I have been working at 360training

Pros

I have been in sales with 360 Training for a while.
    We have a good strategy,great business model and a very good brand.
    We have a prettygood reputation in our industry.

Cons

But,we continue to miss our numbers not because of sales team not performaing but because of the lack of support from the management team of other departments like Marketing, IT,Finance and even HR.

It would be good if the Leaders and other Managers take ownership and drive accountability on initiatives and projects that support revenue growth. Will help us achieve our revenue goal/target.

The CEO is not stable, the company reflects the CEO.

I have been working at 360training

Pros

People are nice and you learn international relations because of the offices in the Philippines and Pakistan.

Cons

Non executive employees are underpaid.

Revenue goals are achieved by firing US employees and moving the work to the underpaid overseas employees.

The CEO gossips, undermines, and verbally degrades staff behind their backs to members of his executive team.

The CEO lives on Glassdoor and forces his staff to write fake good reviews to balance the honest ones.

The company does not have the ability to track revenue accurately.

Most of the product is out of date.

The CEO convinces businesses and people he is interested in buying the business our hiring the employee to gain information from successful companies and staff, with no intention on really hiring them.

Hire a woman who can sit on the back wall and is not in charge of HR or an assistant.

Force the CEO to step away from the education business and concentrate on his other ventures.

Accurately report revenue to customers and staff.

Update the courses you sell to the public and businesses.

It Is What It Is

Former Employee - Director in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Director in Austin, TX

I worked at 360training full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The people working with you are great. The location is good for commuters. You can work 1 day a week from home, maybe - depending on who you report to. Drinks are $0.20 indeed and yes, there is fresh fruit every other Thursday. You get PTO.

Cons

Unfortunately there are cons to working at 360. The pay is below average. Raises are maxed to 5% per year based on a review system that may award you between 0% and 5% merit increase per year. Reviews are subjective. PTO policy is designed in a way that you as an employee can never win. Too long to explain here but in one word: unfair. Other reviews here are from angry employees and that is also a common element that comes with working at 360training. I have not seen a review here, that is untrue: Strategies shift often, work overload is a daily routine, reward and praise are rare and the few people that make the life at 360 a nightmare get rewarded and praised. Competition among teams, departments, coworkers and executives are common. Promotions from within the company are rare. Titles change but it's not the career you picture yourself having over a 2 years time.

I want to be as positive as possible. This will be a little like Jack Nicholson in 'A Few Good Men'. Can you handle the truth?
    Stop playing politics. Be honest. Just say what's going on. I got laid off for a BS reason, my coworkers got told I am transitioning into a contractor role which is not true and my track record of pushing revenue shows that my last initiative will make the company $1.4 million in 2015. But no hard feelings - life became work for me and when work sucks too bad - life starts to suck - if you want to know how I felt - watch 'Office Space'. My life is better now - so thank you for helping me leave.
    But back to being positive. Watch 'The Big Lebowsky'. Relax. Don't glance over this word. Stop. Relax. Taking things not too serious is a good thing. People working the floor are good, smart people. C-Level execs - you are very good in getting in the way of getting work done. Stop knowing things better. Realize you will never be as good as these people in their line of work. This is not an insult. Think of it as you telling your car mechanic how to do his job. What a mess this would be. Same here. Stop wanting to know everything better. Focus on being leaders. Take management classes. Work on being better every month. Again, not an insult. You are not good leaders. Leaders encourage, motivate, create visions, guide, build teams. Be honest - is this the case? At the very least spend 80% of the time being leaders and rest of the time micro-managing if you need. Make 'having meetings' the exception, not the rule.
    Watch 'Frozen' - there is a song called 'Let it go'. Let go of wanting to be as good as your employees. And that is a good thing.
    2015 will be an interesting year. What movie can you quote at the end of the year? 'Titanic' or 'Braveheart'? Everything has an end - it's all about the journey. Will your people fight for you - will they fight with you? Will it be everyone-for-themselves? Will people be proud of working at 360training and having made changes in other peoples lives? (Talking about that - I am however pissed, that two of you stole my motivational speeches!)
    Anyway, in short: watch Office Space, The Big Lebowsky, Frozen, Titanic and Braveheart - choose which movie you want to be...

Company ready to move to the next level

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at 360training full-time (less than a year)

Pros

1: Company is in the great space of eLearning that is growing
    2: Have good assets in tern of regulatory approvals
    3: provides flexibility to employees on how and where to work
    4: has brought in good executive talent

Cons

1: Going through change
    2: Figuring out among many opportunities where the company is going to focus
    3: you find mix of talent, good and not so good. That mix, slows things down

Stay focused, upgrade talent where needed, take care of good people

As bad as everyone says it is

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I worked at 360training full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Fellow employees to help you network yourself out of the company

Cons

From the interview to the moment just before you turn in your resignation or walk out you will regret your decision.

The company seems to only able to survive for 2 reasons: 1) constant cycle of employees, willing to take a lower base with a promise of bigger bonus and that are hired through highly embellished numbers and 2) it’s private so the P/L (profit and loss) is hidden.

If you like rats, roaches, leaky roofs, a cold office when the heater is too expensive to repair, a hot office cause the AC is undersized, poor excuses for your bonus being so small, prorated merit increases, worthless stock options, taking on other peoples roles when they leave, backed up toilets due to them being too cheap to fix the line then this maybe the place for you.

When a company has a higher turnover than the McDonalds or Subway that neighbors it, you know there is an issue. The only positive reviews seem to be from overseas employees that are “highly encouraged” to make positive comments, the CEO, a PR firm(?) or his cronies. Normally the negative complaints come from the 10% and aren’t accurate. However in this case the reviews are telling you everything. Six to eight HR Managers in 2 years should be proof enough that environment sucks. Six to eight marketing directors in 2 years should tell you no one can put enough lipstick on this pig. Having 1 very tenured CFO through all the “C” Level attrition is also strange. The reputation within the training space is complete garbage – poor customer services, outdated content, poor billing, discrepancy in pricing between VARs, partners, and B2B.
    The CEO sees himself as a visionary and compares himself to Jeff Bezos or Brett Hurt. Whatever the latest book he’s read (or be told about) determines the mantra of the company - The Medici Effect, No Man’s Land, The Oz Principle. If he didn’t own the company, he’d never be hired for a director level position or higher. Incredible people are duped into working here and watching the metamorphosis of new motivated employees become demoralized is very sad. You start as the new shiny toy the CEO marches around the office introducing you as the new superstar. You can’t be too proficient at your job or you’ll be sent packing.

The next level for this company should be bankruptcy.

No point in tell you anything. You’ll justify it or dismiss it as an isolated employee.

What a joke!

Former Employee - Manager in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Manager in Austin, TX

I worked at 360training full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Plenty of parking in the front.

Cons

This company is a joke! Starting with the management - it is a portfolio of the biggest failures in the industry: The CEO is using his wife's money to run the company - before he worked as a car salesman. He does not have a college degree and it shows. Without this company it is doubtful he would find a job. The other C-Level execs: one of them has three sexual harassments complaints against him - but still works there. One has already run a learning company into the ground, one has been fired from his family's business (How bad are you at your job for your family to let you go?). Then the turnover. Nobody within the director level lasts longer than 24 months. No knowledge transfer. No training, Everyone starts from scratch. HR is basically non-existent. Next: lack of strategy. There is no plan, just a wild number of ideas from the CEO that everyone has to jump on.

Hire a CEO that can run this business like a normal company!

Setup for failure

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at 360training full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

You will get benefits such as health insurance, PTO, 401 K matching, stock options (worthless), etc. There will be talented hard working coworkers who are experts in their field or industry, and who are highly educated with great ideas. You will have ample opportunity in which to collaborate or commiserate with said talented coworkers depending on the fire. Lots of Good Bye Happy Hours so tons of socializing! On a monthly basis one or two employees (or more) leave. The office location is good for commuting and you might get to work from home one day a week IF your boss can trust you. There are two break rooms both supplied with the necessities, but watch out for rodent droppings in the napkins. No Human Resource Department because none of them ever stay more than a month- take a cue from our leaders and be as inappropriate as you like. If your a single women and a male coworker comes from out of town you may be asked to "entertain" that male coworker by your executive level boss- so free dates! I'd love to tell you that there will be lots of personal growth and training. The personal growth will come when you are crying in the bathroom or writing your resignation letter after realizing you cannot win this game. Nor do you want to.

Cons

Salaries are way under market value and potential employees are told that with variable comp they will make their target salary. This is untrue and don’t fall for it. Negotiate for your salary without factoring in the variable comp or worthless stock options. Have an MBA? It doesn't matter because you will still make less than 40K a year with experience. Be ready to hit the ground running? If this sounds like you- a real go getter- and you do not need training for any of the systems (over 18 in total) used you’ll do great! 360training is an actual online training company that does NOT train its own employees. Courses are all outdated so you can feel good about selling these products. Some of our quality online courses are just a PDF.

There are no written processes or procedures in use and because of the high employee turnover rate there will be no one there for hand off in your new role. But, you being the Rockstar you are, you will certainly do well trying to figure out where the last person left off. Get ready for constant regulatory issues, production issues, platform issues, new worthless projects, and new corporate culture implementations that change almost monthly. Also, don’t bother getting to know your supervisor too well, because they will either leave or be fired in a few weeks if they aren’t already out the door. The title Director in the company should really be defined as- “Set up for failure”.

Potential Employee- I know you are thinking to yourself that you can really make a change and single-handedly turn this company around. Good for you. We all thought that when we first got here. In a few months or weeks you will realize that despite your best efforts there will be no positive changes. There will be no big wins. Prepare to have several new bosses a year. Prepare to watch good hardworking individuals give up and leave. It is really sad. It is demoralizing. At the same time the Executives will dish out very little praise. You will be expected to participate in projects that will have no bearing on your job and contribute very little to making it better. The CEO will charm you with stories of how great it will be when you get there and how you will be contributing to exciting changes in the industry. This is not true either. In the end there will be no one to blame but yourself for even considering and accepting the position. Whether you make it or not, management does not care. They do not care if you had the resources or budgets or staff needed to get the job done.

My recommendation is that all members of the executive staff take an Ethics course (not the 360training ethics course). Some of us know what you have covered up.

Looking to leave..

I worked at 360training full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Overall, the company has a talented and hard working staff that wants to see the company succeed. Monthly birthdays recognized and a couple of employee events a year..

Cons

1. Salary is below market share. I was promised that I would get a nice variable comp package to make up for the absurd difference. I have seen barely half of that.

2. Turnover is extremely high. In less than a year, there have been three HR directors.

3. Morale is extremely low which creates a hostile work environment and lack of productivity. Employees are over worked, and accused by management for projects not completing on time. If that's not the worst of it, there is the constant threat of terminations. Who could be happy or successful in an environment like that?

Employee success and happiness should be the number one priority above all else. If employees are not happy, everything else will fail.

You will regret working there.

Current Employee - Manager in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at 360training full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Very little pros... good people to work with, benefits

Cons

Where to start? First: The office in Austin has a severe mold problem. People get sick, have watery eyes. Nothing is done about it. I got sick working there and many others did as well. Then, the turnover rate is super high, People come and go all the time. There is little to no hand-off - so you always start from scratch. Third: The US-office does not have an HR department. HR directors come and leave fast as do most employees. Forth: There is no strategy. Fifth: Executives have no clue about the business and create a lot of busy-work. Sixth: Micro-Management is taken to a new level at this company.
    In short: Working at 360training is a nightmare.

STOP. Stop what you are doing because it ain't working. Get consultants that can help you to run the business, to set a strategy, to retain people, to retain knowledge, to grow a business. You guys seriously have no clue and are too proud to admit it.

360training Photos