360training

Updated February 27, 2015
Updated February 27, 2015
2.5

Ed Sattar

Pros
  • Great industry to be in, fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment and smart colleagues (in 5 reviews)

• great place to learn and make big mistakes because nobody knows what they're doing (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Team members sometimes out-of-sync on the tasks, due to their Managers lack of communication (dheelapan :P ) (in 3 reviews)

• Job security is non-existent in this company (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Company goals are clear.Lots of potential.....

Former Employee - Technology in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Technology in Austin, TX

I worked at 360training full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

If youre suited for the role, it is rewarding at 360training.Fast paced environment. Interesting and competitive. entrapreneurial mindset which creates the opportunity for ownership. Open door policy.
    If your looking for a place to invest yourself and grow your career this is the place.

Cons

For a mediocre salary more is demanded.Employees are held at the highest expectations.

Management should do frequent surveys.Should organize more fun activities for employees.

Sales

I have been working at 360training

Pros

They are flexible with the sales staff.

Cons

Overall nothing to complain about.

You will never work this hard for less

Former Employee - Sales in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Sales in Austin, TX

I worked at 360training full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good coworkers, free fruit, a few really good managers

Cons

Where do you start? Mold, mildew, depressing, fire hazard office. No HR. They hire HR people a couple times a year. No one stays long. Unfocused abusive CEO. No focus on strengths of the company because CEO is always chasing a new idea. Sales people struggle every day to figure out a way to sell inferior products because money is invested in pet projects and pet people that the CEO tires of in months. Then on to something else. No opportunity to advance. Below average wages pumped up with pretend bonuses. People get laid off all the time for not performing but the C level executive in charge of revenue doesn't even come close to delivering on what he promises. You can make your goals and not get a bonus because the CRO can't get his job done. I really liked the actual work I was doing here, but the demands increase every day, the pay is low with no hope of getting better and of the execs only the CFO and CIO really know what they are doing and give a ------ about the company and employees. If I could have worked for one of them I might have stayed and waited it out. The CEO seems to be losing interest and honestly if he'd leave the company would transform over night.

Treat employees better. Let the CEO retire. Pay people what they are worth. Don't manipulate bonuses with unreachable revenue goals Give your sales staff something decent to sell. Concentrate on what 360 does best. Hire a strong independent HR person who doesn't report to the CEO.

In my years..

Current Employee - Consumer Support Supervisor in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Consumer Support Supervisor in Austin, TX

I have been working at 360training full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I joined 360training October of 2010. This is the 2nd company that I worked
    for here in the Philippines. I was an Overseas Worker for four years in
    Shanghai, China working for a top corporate real estate company in Mainland
    as a Customer Relations Manager. The job pays very well, but was not giving
    me that fulfilling factor. After months of decision making, I decided to
    try my luck here in the Philippines. Finding a good job that matches what I
    earned working abroad was not easy. The first company I worked for was a
    BPO company. It did not last even for a year. It pays awfully low and there
    was just too many people to deal with. I decided to move on and try my luck
    in the Metro, one interview after another. I did not want to make the wrong
    decision and regret it later on, so I did the "Goldilocks" --- too soft...
    too hard... just right. Finally, I found my "just right" company,
    360training. The offer given to me did not really matched what I was
    expecting to get but was very competative compared to offers of other
    companies. Beyond that, I saw a great opportunity to really grow with the
    company; the culture, the diversity, the location, and the people. From an
    agent in Customer Service, I was promoted as Supervisor. This year, I will
    turn 5 years old. Five years of service and growing and I am looking
    forward to it. So at this point, I can now really say that 360training is
    not just right, but perfect fit for me.

Cons

In every company, we see things that we can improve but more than that, its the way people contribute to each problem we encounter.

Onwards and upwards.

360 Training is a great place for people who are hungry for growth and wiling to take ownership.

I have been working at 360training

Pros

I have been in sales with 360 Training for a while.
    We have a good strategy,great business model and a very good brand.
    We have a prettygood reputation in our industry.

Cons

But,we continue to miss our numbers not because of sales team not performaing but because of the lack of support from the management team of other departments like Marketing, IT,Finance and even HR.

It would be good if the Leaders and other Managers take ownership and drive accountability on initiatives and projects that support revenue growth. Will help us achieve our revenue goal/target.

AWFUL, MANIPULATIVE, AND SEVERELY UNDERPAID WORKPLACE. DO NOT EVEN CONSIDER IT.

I have been working at 360training

Pros

It's in the same complex as a Walgreens which is handy.

Cons

360training is rotten from the core out. They claim to be a technology company but most of the technology hasn't been updated in 8-10 years. The 6000 courses that the CEO constantly drones on about actually amounts to about 500 of the most broken, outdated, amateur crap you could ever think if serving up to a student. The CEO is a complete joke of a human being let alone someone who could actually lead a company. He is a manipulative liar who denigrates his employees at every turn. Salaries are far below market value and I've never witnessed anyone getting an actual raise.

I won't even get into the actual physical conditions of the office. Think a dank dark ugly moldy basement that shares a wall with a Jumpoline that blares EDM music at level 10 all day. Which is actually good entertainment for the rats and roaches crawling all over the place.

Fire the CEO. And actually the CFO while you're at it, he hasn't been able to count a penny in any sort of accurate way since the doors open.

Don't do it!

I have been working at 360training full-time (less than a year)

Pros

You get to work from home when the internet access at the office breaks down again.

Cons

There are too many things wrong with the companty to list them all: Executives are micro-managing, no strategy, no goals, 'culture' is an empty word and although there were many attempts - the CEO successfully kills all effort on others trying to make this company sane. This companies management style closely resembles flipping coins: no clear expectations, no guidance, no support to employees. Instead it is 'throwing-under-the-bus', work overload, conflicting tasks, skewed priorities, internal quarrel, constant turn-over...
    HR is non-existent. Oversees workers are pressured into writing positive Glassdoor reviews. Anything more than 2 stars is a lie.
    Sad thing - working at 360training will not provide you with a network of good peple. Anybody that leaves keeps to themselves where they are going: the CEO has many times calles the company to badmouth the employee. Don't work there - you will lose 3 months of your career!

Executives need to change their style. They drive away good people - have no clue how to motivate people. Spreading fear by creating unachievable goals is not the answer.

The CEO is not stable, the company reflects the CEO.

I have been working at 360training

Pros

People are nice and you learn international relations because of the offices in the Philippines and Pakistan.

Cons

Non executive employees are underpaid.

Revenue goals are achieved by firing US employees and moving the work to the underpaid overseas employees.

The CEO gossips, undermines, and verbally degrades staff behind their backs to members of his executive team.

The CEO lives on Glassdoor and forces his staff to write fake good reviews to balance the honest ones.

The company does not have the ability to track revenue accurately.

Most of the product is out of date.

The CEO convinces businesses and people he is interested in buying the business our hiring the employee to gain information from successful companies and staff, with no intention on really hiring them.

Hire a woman who can sit on the back wall and is not in charge of HR or an assistant.

Force the CEO to step away from the education business and concentrate on his other ventures.

Accurately report revenue to customers and staff.

Update the courses you sell to the public and businesses.

It Is What It Is

Former Employee - Director in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Director in Austin, TX

I worked at 360training full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The people working with you are great. The location is good for commuters. You can work 1 day a week from home, maybe - depending on who you report to. Drinks are $0.20 indeed and yes, there is fresh fruit every other Thursday. You get PTO.

Cons

Unfortunately there are cons to working at 360. The pay is below average. Raises are maxed to 5% per year based on a review system that may award you between 0% and 5% merit increase per year. Reviews are subjective. PTO policy is designed in a way that you as an employee can never win. Too long to explain here but in one word: unfair. Other reviews here are from angry employees and that is also a common element that comes with working at 360training. I have not seen a review here, that is untrue: Strategies shift often, work overload is a daily routine, reward and praise are rare and the few people that make the life at 360 a nightmare get rewarded and praised. Competition among teams, departments, coworkers and executives are common. Promotions from within the company are rare. Titles change but it's not the career you picture yourself having over a 2 years time.

I want to be as positive as possible. This will be a little like Jack Nicholson in 'A Few Good Men'. Can you handle the truth?
    Stop playing politics. Be honest. Just say what's going on. I got laid off for a BS reason, my coworkers got told I am transitioning into a contractor role which is not true and my track record of pushing revenue shows that my last initiative will make the company $1.4 million in 2015. But no hard feelings - life became work for me and when work sucks too bad - life starts to suck - if you want to know how I felt - watch 'Office Space'. My life is better now - so thank you for helping me leave.
    But back to being positive. Watch 'The Big Lebowsky'. Relax. Don't glance over this word. Stop. Relax. Taking things not too serious is a good thing. People working the floor are good, smart people. C-Level execs - you are very good in getting in the way of getting work done. Stop knowing things better. Realize you will never be as good as these people in their line of work. This is not an insult. Think of it as you telling your car mechanic how to do his job. What a mess this would be. Same here. Stop wanting to know everything better. Focus on being leaders. Take management classes. Work on being better every month. Again, not an insult. You are not good leaders. Leaders encourage, motivate, create visions, guide, build teams. Be honest - is this the case? At the very least spend 80% of the time being leaders and rest of the time micro-managing if you need. Make 'having meetings' the exception, not the rule.
    Watch 'Frozen' - there is a song called 'Let it go'. Let go of wanting to be as good as your employees. And that is a good thing.
    2015 will be an interesting year. What movie can you quote at the end of the year? 'Titanic' or 'Braveheart'? Everything has an end - it's all about the journey. Will your people fight for you - will they fight with you? Will it be everyone-for-themselves? Will people be proud of working at 360training and having made changes in other peoples lives? (Talking about that - I am however pissed, that two of you stole my motivational speeches!)
    Anyway, in short: watch Office Space, The Big Lebowsky, Frozen, Titanic and Braveheart - choose which movie you want to be...

Company ready to move to the next level

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at 360training full-time (less than a year)

Pros

1: Company is in the great space of eLearning that is growing
    2: Have good assets in tern of regulatory approvals
    3: provides flexibility to employees on how and where to work
    4: has brought in good executive talent

Cons

1: Going through change
    2: Figuring out among many opportunities where the company is going to focus
    3: you find mix of talent, good and not so good. That mix, slows things down

Stay focused, upgrade talent where needed, take care of good people

360training Photos