3PAR Reviews

3PAR President, CEO, and Director David C. Scott
David C. Scott

it's an ok place

I worked at 3PAR full-time

Pros

work is technical challenging and interesting.

Cons

it's now part of a very big company.

Avoid unless you've got no where else to go

Former Employee - Engineer  in  Fremont, CA
    Former Employee - Engineer in Fremont, CA

I worked at 3PAR full-time for more than a year

Pros

the site is closely situated next to high power lines so there isn't a lot of activity (traffic) to get to work and the parking lots are usually empty so there's a short walk. upper management seem nice.

Cons

avoid like the black plague! many of the line managers are legends-in-their-own-minds and are super arrogant. the quality of the products are poor.

consolidate the fremont site with the rest of HP. demote the guys with inflated titles.

Quality is not Job #1 at 3PAR

I have been working at 3PAR

Pros

A lot of talented people and all seem to work very hard.

Cons

Every project is schedule-driven, quality does not even enter into the picture.
    The grind never eases up. It jumps from one late project to another project that is even farther behind.
    Every day its a battle of their arrogant startup attitude va the HP corproate overload of processes.
    So many managers seem so "angry"/"annoyed" about something - they make life miserable.

A lot of good people work for these "angry"/"annoyed" mgrs, unless things change soon, these folks will leave as soon as they can.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I am SO glad to be out of there

Former Employee - Member of Technical Staff  in  Fremont, CA
    Former Employee - Member of Technical Staff in Fremont, CA

I worked at 3PAR

Pros

Most co-workers were awesome. Very helpful. I also have to admit: I had a lot of respect for the product line.

Cons

Line management SUCKS at this place. Heavy nepotism-like favoritism. Don't ever disagree with your manager or his pet(s). Otherwise, you're permanently relegated to second (or third) class citizen. My last two managers there were absolute train wrecks who showed NO respect to employees who weren't their personal favorites. My stress levels were getting so high I was getting physically ill. I HAD to leave for the sake of my own sanity.

Treat your engineers with the respect they deserve. They bust their hides slaving and sacrificing their family time so you can get your overblown comp packages. You better hope the job market doesn't improve. You guys are gonna have BIG staffing issues if it does.

Good place to work overall

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Fremont, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

I worked at 3PAR

Pros

Most people are nice. The company cares for employees.

Cons

There is not much incentive to work hard in the company. Very political.

Pay attention to the mid-level management. They may want to add bonus to their own instead of adding value to the company.

Lot of politics

Former Employee - Computer Engineer  in  Fremont, CA
    Former Employee - Computer Engineer in Fremont, CA

I worked at 3PAR

Pros

If you good with your manager/director you can servive at this place.

Cons

Directory/Manager of the department will bring its own people from his/her previous company and they will make sure you leave on your own.

Install some nice people who can work for the companies interest.

I've changed my mind after three years

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Fremont, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

I have been working at 3PAR

Pros

Most individual contributor co-workers are awesome to work with. They are helpful and supportive when providing help, and are appreciative and gracious when you help them.

Cons

There is a definite "old boys club" here. Only a privileged few get training or recognition, as there is a strong caste system in place. If you're not a suck up, you're treated like a cancer. Dare not present an opinion that is contrary to your manager's. It it's not his (or one of his pet's) idea, then it's a bad idea.

I thought things might get better with the acquisition by HP, but I was sorely disappointed. There is no investment in the employee, betraying a total disregard for the employee. The individual contributor is just another nameless part number that can be discarded replaced at will by management.

Start paying attention to individual contributor morale, or you'll constantly be spinning your wheels bringing replacements up to speed.

Excellent. Long time employee. Very stable

Current Employee - Director  in  Fremont, CA
    Current Employee - Director in Fremont, CA

I have been working at 3PAR

Pros

Smart people. Steadfast Executive Team. Great products. Successfully differentiating products in a competitive space. Great beneftis. Long term investment in employees. Stable Executive Team--GREAT team environment. Not a lot of Politics.

Cons

Just got bought by HP! But HP is hiring for 3PAR expertise and Storage Expertise. Now working for a big company. Miss small company environment.

Keep doing what you do...just bring that expertise to HP! They hired you all for a reason!

Worked for 3PAR? Contribute to the Community!