3VR

Add Photos

Al Shipp

3VR has been a fantastic work experience

I have been working at 3VR

ProsGreat coworkers - a very fun group, really solid people. The company has been very successful, with sustained revenue growth. This has created great opportunities for employees to grow and expand their contributions.

Cons3VR is currently (early 2011) in a transition period to becoming a bigger company - maintaining employee alignment and continual process improvement, while keeping some of the best aspects of a small company feel, is critical.

Advice to Senior Management3VR management is doing an excellent job of getting the company and each individual organization with the company strategically aligned, which makes this an exciting time for 3VR.

Company was good at one point but now lacks clear direction

I have been working at 3VR full-time for more than 5 years

ProsNice people still work here

ConsManagement is very disconnected from most of the company and unclear as to what people should be doing. It is very unclear as what priorities should be...this has been happening for the past several years. Leadership does not properly empower its employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe honest with your employees -- good or bad. Elevate/promote those who are dedicated and from within

Great experience, but management could use some coaching

Software Engineer (Former Employee)

I worked at 3VR full-time for more than a year

Pros3VR has a solid product, but a lack of knowledge amongst the executive team is hindering the company from growing. To many individuals wanting to be heros and not enough combined efforts.
Pay is inline with similar companies, but get ready to put your hours in....
The company could seriously use a shakeup, otherwise they are bound to flop or go up for sale.

ConsMarketing is clueless and does not understand the market/industry
Product has many flaws, but due to a lack of resources we were pushed to focus on new releases
Too many egos

Advice to Senior ManagementEngage in team building events so that that the friction is not clearly visible.

Eh, it was ok

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at 3VR

Pros3VR has a sexy product and it's fun to work on spy stuff. The work life balance is pretty supportive. The executives are out of the office a lot, and you can kind of work flexible hours.

ConsThe company isn't growing that fast, and they seem to get in their way a lot. The product has issues, and it affects customer satisfaction pretty heavily. The atmosphere is silly kinds of political.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou guys just don't seem to get along that well or make decisions well together. The management style is pretty passive aggressive, and people don't really look up to you as leaders. Knock off the infighting and get your crap together.

It's good to be a salesman at 3VR

Sales (Former Employee)

I worked at 3VR

ProsThey pay a lot of money and the work is not that hard. You get a good expense account and fly all over.

ConsThere are no downsides. Really. Maybe make it even more fun and cool. Mr. Obama sought to distinguish between the need to run what is likely to be record-setting deficits for several years and the necessity to begin bringing them down markedly in subsequent years. Even as he prepares a stimulus plan that is expected to total nearly $800 billion in new spending and tax cuts over the next two years, he said he would make sure the money was wisely spent, and he pledged to work with Congress to enact spending controls and efficiency measures throughout the federal budget.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing

Best years of my career

Engineering (Former Employee)

I worked at 3VR full-time

ProsSmall, tight team doing good work. No bureaucracy or politics - freedom to do your job the way you see fit. All the tools required. Great location and work environment.

ConsMany of the same downsides/upsides as other SoMA locations: big bullpen open work environment (love it or hate it). Expensive parking if you have to drive, partially subsidized by the company.

Worked for 3VR? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at 3VR reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for 3VR CEO Al Shipp. All 6 reviews posted anonymously by 3VR employees.