3d Internet

www.3dinternet.com

3d Internet Reviews

2.7

Allan Doubinin

Great place to learn and grow as a human being

Former Employee - Graphics  in  Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Former Employee - Graphics in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I worked at 3d Internet

Pros

Learned so much I can not even put it all into words, fast paced so time goes by very fast, owners and management are great and very busy, customers are super happy with company and staff, easy to get time off when I personally needed it, leading edge technology being created, always used the latest software as well as the inhouse created software which was excellent and amazing to use ,everyone for the most part worked as a team to get projects done and on time. Management pushed me to become a better graphics artist but also made me a better person. If they would hire me back I would go in a minute

Cons

Very fast paced work place, security very tight when working on special projects,expect people to show up on time for work, the office is very large that it is hard to talk with people all the time, expected to learn the custom inhouse software very quickly for my liking,can not copy things off of computers because security is too tight,management is very busy and do not have alot of time to just sit and talk with me about how my life is going.

Slow down the pace and allow people to come in when they want. I should have been allowed to sleep in once in a while as artists we do not fit into the 9-5 routine like bankers do.

A strict environment where little to no trust is given to the employees.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I worked at 3d Internet

Pros

They have the most up to date software to use.
    There are a variety of projects to work on.
    You're not limited to one field, there is opportunity to try different things.
    Overtime is paid.
    The employees are talented and professional.
    Team leaders are talented and fun to work with.

Cons

The bosses (owners) have no art or 3D background so they don't know how to handle/treat artists.
    Constantly under watch with no freedom during downtime.
    Strict break schedule.
    Majority of employees feel like just a number to generate profits and not artists.
    They hire and fire people with little to no regard for the people.
    No holidays given till AFTER 1 year.
    Extremely strict Internet. No email, no streaming music and not allowed to watch any sort of video during work time.
    Not allowed to take projects home.
    No trust given to the employees.
    Run like a corporate business and not like a studio for talented artists.
    Major disconnect between bosses and employees.
    It's always about what you can do for the company, and how you can make it better, but it's one way. No consideration for what could make the employees better.
    Cautious and uncomfortable work environment.
    Politics.

Learn to treat your employees like artists/people and not just revenue generators. You'll get a much more happy, and productive staff, when you can learn to trust them, and let them be artists, and not just and employee number seated at a desk.

Great Team

Current Employee - Graphics  in  Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Current Employee - Graphics in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I have been working at 3d Internet

Pros

State of the Art software
    Fast computers
    Render Farm
    Great people
    Happy customers
    Exciting projects
    The smartest programmers
    Very creative employees
    Everyone talks and shares
    Constant rasies if a person does good work
    Overtime is paid! Find a graphic job that pays overtime. If you don't want to do overtime, it is not forced.
    Bonuses are paid if customers are happy

Cons

No Internet on local machines due to security of customer projects. However Internet computers are available for all staff, just not connected to network.
    Customers timeframes are short and everyone needs to know what they are doing to get the job done on time.
    Heavy production do to size of projects
    Music only available using ipods, no streaming through computers
    Computers are locked down due to security of projects

thanks for the raise! Again!
    Thanks for getting rid of the guys who could not do the work because they lied on their resumes. More money for me!

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Revolving Door hiring is the motto at 3D internet. They hire people, and fire them within months.

Current Employee - 3D Modeler  in  Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Current Employee - 3D Modeler in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I have been working at 3d Internet

Pros

Render farm
    Good programs for 3D
    Good employees
    decent pay

Cons

hire and fire practices
    horrible management on projects
    Owners are clueless
    no music while working
    no internet while working
    un-motivational work environment

To start to think of the longevity of the company and not the status presently. 3D Internet's management has to to be prepared to make some drastic changes if they are ever want to have faithful employees. These reviews say it all.

Clueless management, revolving door hiring practices. Horrible work environment

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I worked at 3d Internet

Pros

they have the latest computers and good software. there are certain workers that are talented and others that try their best to ruin every project.

Cons

Clueless management, revolving door hiring practices. Horrible work environment, no music, no internet allowed. deceptive overtime practices.

Stop hiring and firing employees all the time, every few months. stop cheating the overtime rules to get out of paying OT.

Worked for 3d Internet? Contribute to the Community!