4D Security Solutions, Inc

Add Photos

Robert M. Paski

Small but inspired company

South Plainfield, NJ

ProsI work with the management and I can tell you that they truly care about every employee. They encourage new and creative ideas and won't hesitate to reward hard work.

ConsThey've been around for several years but still feel like a "start up" company. Because of this, you will wear many hats and the financial rewards may take some time to get to you.

Advice to Senior ManagementRetaining top talent means they expect training, recognition and compensation. Just giving one is not always enough. Consider modernizing your view of letting employees telecommute.

So So

Prosgreat people to work for

Constravel schedule and the political nonsense that comes with every company

Talent is recognized.

ProsI have worked at 4D for close to three years and what I love about this company is upper management gives opportunities to those who work hard. if you have multiple disciplines and enjoy getting involved in various functions, there is plenty of room to learn and grow. This company also is known for promoting from within, which is nice to see.

ConsHoliday schedule could use some improvement.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Nice company from HR perspective, but they don't have business and reason to survive

Director (Current Employee)
    South Plainfield, NJ

ProsGood benefits, some great people to work for

ConsPrivate owned company, they don't have any business for the future, will probably not survive for a long time

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Very fast paced and slightly unorganized

Prosvery good career opportunities and compensation /benefits. it is a small company, but is linked to other 'family of companies' that provides recurring contracts.

Consvery fast paced and slightly unorganized - very poor work/life balance. there are a lot of 0'emergencies' and little time for long term improvements. International travel to middle east.

Advice to Senior Managementtake some time / investment to improve processes and planning

Challenging Work Environment, Decent Pay, Good Benefits

ProsIts a small company with good technology platform. Work environment is quite challenging with many times crazy deadlines. Plans and deadlines change quite rapidly causing people to feel burnt out. However if you are able to handle the challenge and perform, then you are immediately recognized throughout the company and get corresponding opportunities. For NJ the pay is decent. The benefits are quite good (very low employee contribution for the health/dental/vision insurance plans, 401K match etc)

ConsThings change a LOT and all the time. A lot of short term fire fighting. You need to be aggressive to get ahead.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlan more long term rather than just focusing on immediate problems.

Senior Software Engineer

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee)
    South Plainfield, NJ

ProsOverall: The pay is pretty good compared to similar positions, coworkers are great but burnt out, most Managers are pretty good but some I'd steer clear of, Benefits are ok..

ConsVery tight and sometimes unrealistic deadlines... Long hours.

Politically Not Correct

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsSome Employees - CEO/CTO are goal oriented
    Product has "potential" to be Very Competitive in this industry.
    Health Benefits
    Seeing different technologies

Cons- Cherry Picking in regards to bidding for projects. If its not a certain Number then they neglect it.
    - Product is still not mature enough. Smoke and Mirrors are used to sell the product.
    - Due to certain conditions, employees without US passports tend to not care about domestic projects
    - Internally there is Favoritism with salaries/bonuses only given to those who not necessarily contribute
    - Directors/Management Do not see value in their teams in a US business manor.
    - Business model not designed or followed though well.
    - Less than 5 Major customers in customer base in a project based environment.
    - Initial Offerings at time of Hire are not followed though or not accurate.

Advice to Senior ManagementShould constructively work as a team to assist Sales in procuring more business for actual reoccurring revenue instead of relying on 1 source of Temporary Income.

Company seeking business

Director (Former Employee)
    South Plainfield, NJ

ProsGood salaries, some good people. Could be good company if they got some real business.

ConsThey don't have real business. Failed in major project, and they have only 1 big customer that actually should work with them not for a long term. Company privately owned by a guy that is concerned only regards to his ego.

Advice to Senior ManagementFind a better place to work at.

Great place to intern

Intern (Former Employee)
    South Plainfield, NJ

ProsThere is a good salary provided for interns
    You will most-likely work independently so you will have to know what you are doing.

ConsIf you are a college student, there won't be many who are around your age so you need to know how to engage in conversation fitting for the work environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay attention to the employee's needs.

Worked for 4D Security Solutions, Inc? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at 4D Security Solutions, Inc reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for 4D Security Solutions, Inc CEO Robert M. Paski. All 12 reviews posted anonymously by 4D Security Solutions, Inc employees.