4G Wireless

Updated Jun 10, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Mohammad Honarkar

Ok Company that needs alot of work in coporate office

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsCompensation can be very good

ConsMakes lots of promises that they never keep and let employees go for doing the job they were told to do by upper management

Advice to Senior Managementget people in corporate office that understand sales people

This company and the CEO are unethical!

Auburn, CA

ProsThe only pro was when I quit!

ConsThe upper management and executives are unprofessional and completely unethical!

Worst Company to work for

Redondo Beach, CA

Prosget to see all the new phones

ConsManagement is horrible, half the time they are getting high or they leave for long periods of time. Only 2 employees work at the store so there is no coverage. Management forces you to lie and con customers into buying recert devices which we tell our customers its phones that were bought within 14 days and then returned, and the phone is like new. But in reality its a phone that was turned in after someone did an upgrade, so some of the phones have been used for over 2 years. When it comes to paychecks they will pay you late, and there has been multiple times I've seen sexual harassment. When I told my regional manager about it, he did nothing. After I quit they told me that I would not receive my final paycheck up to 6 months. Talked to the labor board and they said they have a month to give me my paycheck. After not receiving it after a month, I contacted corporate, and they want to LIE to me saying that I didn't hit my goal to receive my commission check. The company has a lot of turnover, and will hire a manager based on his numbers, not on his leadership skills, which means you are going to get a manager who can sell, but can't lead his team. The commissions that they have are crazy, so if you worked at a slow store, you have the same tiers you have to hit that a busy store has. They are always running out of inventory, so half the time you are driving to other stores to pick it up, and the company will not reimburse you. They do not train the employees, instead of my manager training me like he was supposed to, he passed me on to my coworker, who taught me everything and actually knew more about the rules then my very own manager. Managers are very lazy. They will watch movies in the back, go on long "runs to the bank for deposit" when in reality they are getting high. How do i know, cause my manager took me for a ride to go get lunch, but tried to get me to smoke. Overall, the worst company Ive ever worked for.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of all the managers and regional managers, they are all crooks and druggies.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

You have to rip people off to make above minimum wage. Feel sleazy driving home.

Laguna Beach, CA

ProsEasy if you know technology and cell phones

ConsHard to break minimum wage due to certain locations not having many walk-ins. Need to overcharge people like crazy on cheap phones and products to break minimum wage, even then, highest I've seen would be around 12/hr on a GREAT month.

Advice to Senior ManagementOwner of the chain should stop being cheap and make it base + commission instead of whichever is higher so employees can work with pride and integrity.

Do not work here!

Fresno, CA

ProsNo pros to this job except its slightly better than fast food restaurant.

ConsHorrible benefits, no OT pay on federal holidays, culture of sell at all costs even if you are lying to customers. They don't pay meal break penalties. The cheap out on everything, they even had fake copies of microsoft windows operating their computers. 95% of all phones they carry are re-certified, and they push to sell phones that offer most profit rather than listening to what the customers want. My DM and his boss were completely unprofessional. I was there for 2 months before I got out. I only took this job because I absolutely needed one having lost job, but I would stay away. Manager pay is $12 and commission across all stores is set at same level. So a high volume location and low volume location have the same target to hit for all employees....how does that make sense? I got one day of paid training at a verizon corporate location that was to last 3 days, but they are so cheap I went only 1 day. No formal training on management side during time there. No discounts on equipment for employees at all...

The Worst Company I've Ever Worked For

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosalways extremely slow. no one ever comes in so your 8-12 hour shift is just time to do whatever you want. if you're not a people person, good news, you'll probably work alone most days, including 8-8 open-close shifts.

Consyou'll be yelled at for not "generating sales," not making enough cold calls, not attaching 'free' extras to sales (they cost the customers 20 a
    month for two years), and not selling the highest gross profit phones (mostly a stack of 50 half-broken refurbished iPhone 4 in the back that are being sold as 'new.') management will NOT work with you for scheduling or time off. you have to hit a specific gross-profit 'tier' to get paid commission, so those in lower performing stores (or honest salesman who don't sell broken phones) will never get paid more than 8/h (you're paid bi monthly so you never get overtime.) the system they use is a botched and pieced-together version of what Verizon actually uses, so contracts usually
    take 30 minutes to complete. customers sign chargeback agreements so if they cancel, we
    can charge their credit card (usually without them knowing.) the vast majority of employees are undereducated and "money hungry," an attribute management loves.

Advice to Senior Managementclose a lot of underperforming stores and rehire the staff in the remaining stores.

All other reviews are accurate.

Sales Lead (Former Employee)
    Mission Hills, CA

ProsNo actual work to be done for lazy people who just wanna collect hourly before they quit.

ConsQuotas are insane, considering stores get no traffic whatsoever, the job is basically 90% telemarketing. Work/life balance is awful as managers have to work 6 days a week, 730 am meetings are rediculous.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't hire people who are too smart for the job, maybe you'll have less turnover

Shady POS Company Run By Eastern Snobs

San Diego, CA

ProsDuring down time, we could drink alcohol, smoke weed, and watch movies in the back room.
    Occasionally MOTOROLA reps came to show us phones not out yet.
    Sales experience.

ConsOut of the year I worked there, I received ONE paycheck ON TIME (out of 28 paychecks). One paycheck was even two weeks late. Horrible payroll
    Employees are encourage to do shady business and conduct shady deals with customers, in order to hit commission.
    Managers are held unaccountable for their poor management, and most managers are momma's boys who still live with their parents.
    Company does not reimburse for company-related expenses.
    Has horrible inventory of phones. I remember for a three day period, I literally had no phones in my back room safe. What's the point of going to work at a phone store if you can't sell phones??

Advice to Senior ManagementPay bills to your vendors. Get rid of Mohammad. Stop being stingy jews. Stop encouraging shady business. Pay your employees on time. Promote your employees. Get rid of whiny managers.

Unethical and shady company, stay away

Sales Representative (Current Employee)
    Los Angeles, CA

Pros$30 employee line is nice.

ConsForced to sell used phones that are often broken and lie to the customers and claim they are new, never have phones people want in stock, everyone in management very shady. They have all of the customer passwords saved in a database that you use to look up their account and call when they have an upgrade available. Unethical and shady practices lead to higher short-term profits, which lead to promoting unethical people into upper management. $8 an hour + commission, but commission structure is difficult to hit without scamming lots of people with used phones. I'm looking for a new job.

Advice to Senior ManagementCut your losses and get out ASAP. This ship is going down when Verizon corporate figures out what happens in these stores.

Store Manager

Store Manager (Former Employee)

ProsGreat learning experience in the technology.

ConsTediously exhausting and it makes you grow gray hair.

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Worked for 4G Wireless? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at 4G Wireless reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for 4G Wireless CEO Mohammad Honarkar. All 19 reviews posted anonymously by 4G Wireless employees.