4G Wireless Reviews

2.7
Mohammad Honarkar

1. The best job I've ever had

I have been working at 4G Wireless

Pros

Rapidly expanding, great commission structure. My reps average 2k to 3.5 k monthly in just commission.

Cons

You have to be able to adapt and apply change rapidly. In this industry the only constant is change.

Advice to Management

Manage online reviews to make sure one post doesn't make us so bad lol. Other than that keep doing what you doing. Your great leaders!

2. You can make money, but man is this company political!

Former Employee - Wireless Consultant in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Wireless Consultant in San Diego, CA

I worked at 4G Wireless full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Pretty descent commission splits, laid back environment, discount on monthly phone bill, somewhat flexible hours depending on the store you work at

Cons

no 401k match, health care is somewhat expensive, limited benefits, poor sales training, poor management skills for store managers (they basically make a little more than you do per hour and usually come from other small scale retail backgrounds), sometimes can work very long hours.

Advice to Management

Senior management needs to really make sure you know what your store managers are doing and what type of culture is really going on at your retail stores.

4GWireless leaves a bad taste in your mouth

I worked at 4G Wireless

Pros

Decent wages, commission potential varies, but most of the time you can make a nice wage.

Cons

Politics within upper management disallows serious growth. Pretending to be doing things that you are not doing is the norm. District Managers are not present in locations, and spend more time covering their behinds than actually working with staff. HR issues abound. People in positions of authority having inappropriate relationships with employees, with no consequence. Lawsuit was filed and settled in regards to wage issues. Refusal of upper management to listen to valid concerns and questions.

Advice to Management

Rather than allowing the standard answers as to what Store Managers intend to do in order to increase growth and revenue, encourage your employees to think outside the box. Wireless sales can easily become stagnant, repetitive, and boring. Spending more time developing your managers, and thereby your salespeople will go a long way.

Poor ethics and they will treat you with little reapect.

Current Employee - Retail Store Manager in Fair Oaks, CA
    Current Employee - Retail Store Manager in Fair Oaks, CA

I have been working at 4G Wireless

Pros

You can make some good comission.

Cons

Schedules change with a days notice. Conference calls off the clock regularly. Working off the clock every day at least an hour. Very negative upper management.

Advice to Management

Do not constantly criticize all of your employees with negative reinforcment. Lead by example don't sit at home and manage a district but expect us to work free when you will not.

The most shady, unethical, unprofessional company I have ever worked for. Managers are on call more then a DR.

I worked at 4G Wireless full-time

Pros

The only pro working for this company is the commission, however the commission structure/quotas often change forcing the sales representative's to lie and deceive customers if they want to make more then minimum wage.

Cons

It is almost impossible to get promoted higher then a manager unless you are related to the owner. There is no loyalty to the workers creating a huge turnover rate. There is no formal corporate sales training. Its all done by store managers who are usually less then qualified to hold that position in the first place. There is not much selling going on, "qualifying the customer and getting them the product that best fits their needs." Instead it was what do we have in stock and how can I make this sucker buy it. Upper Management definitely supports these tactics as well, their most famous saying was do what ever it takes. Inventory was an issue 90% of the time, a lot of it was either refurbished or older model phones. Sometimes another store would have a certain phone in stock and you would have to drive and pick it up, no reimbursement for gas and making the customer wait around or come back. The corporate office was very unorganized sometimes you would even get paid late. There were policy changes that were never communicated. There were specials advertised yet you couldn't ring up the sell because corporate had not tested the sku. I saw photo ID's, credit card numbers, and other sensitive information saved on computers. In fact they started a policy were you had to upload the customers ID in a database that could be seen by any employee in the company.

Advice to Management

There is a total disconnect between the corporate office and the field. Read the yelp reviews about your stores and see for yourself what is really going on. You have lost hardworking qualified employees and probably wont find any unless you change some business practices.

its ok

I worked at 4G Wireless part-time

Pros

people there are cool and the job it self is pretty easy. if you got it good if not great you can make it if you try

Cons

the pay sucks and the commissions are never really paid on time at least that's how it was when I worked there

8. Best company I have worked for

Current Employee - Store Manager in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at 4G Wireless full-time (less than a year)

Pros

upper management listens to every employee and gets you the answer you were looking for asap, TEAMWORK is amazing and I couldn't ask for a better team, District or Regional Manager. Everybody in the district is very passionate about their jobs. We all learn from each other and every day we push ourselves to better than the day before. Hard work does pay off at 4G Wireless and I see myself staying with this company for a very long time.
    There are chances to get promoted as the company is growing. If you have a passion for the wireless industry than 4G Wireless is the way to go!!!!

Cons

I have to say there are not real cons, because if we think something can be improved our upper management always takes the time to listen.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!!!

9. I have been working for 4G Wireless for a little over 3 years now, i can honestly say i am grateful for still being here

Current Employee - Employee in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Employee in Irvine, CA

I have been working at 4G Wireless full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

in the last 3 years, i have grown so much within in this company. They promote from within. Our corporate office is very family oriented. The CEO actually takes time out of his day to acknowledge employees when he sees us. Almost every executive there is willing to pass on any knowledge they have. 4G has grown so much as a company over the last year, and will not be stopping anytime soon. i could not picture myself working anywhere else. This is company is growing incredibly quick and is hiring all the time.

Cons

They tend to rehire employees who were fired for not doing their job in the first place.

Advice to Management

Stop rehiring people who were terminated before. It sets a bad example for all employees. As a current employee seeing and knowing that we rehire people who were terminated, makes me second guess what the company is really trying to accomplish. This makes employees doubt if they should even continue to actually do they're job correctly and not begin to slack off.

Unprofessional company

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Irvine, CA

I have been working at 4G Wireless full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

When working on the floor what I've noticed it's pretty fair to grab a client and sell them anything

Cons

Fraudulent behavior withholding client information on P.O.S i.e. social security numbers and credit card numbers

Dishonesty to the client. Upselling phones that cost less at a Corporate Verizon store.

Tier comission

Prejudice management

Management and colleagues who are friends allow favoritism when promoting.

Advice to Management

Drug tests requirements before hire i.e. urine and hair test. I've understand there is too many drug references going on behind the sales floor. Some associates come to work under the influence of a substance.

Management needs to pay alot more attention to detail.

Mo needs to take time to look into a better supply chain idea. Your products are scattered everywhere in each store meaning accessories and aren't arranged in order nor are the phones as well. Work on getting a wireless scanner.

P.s. Management needs to work on a better work ethics. Too many cigarette breaks less help on the associates. That will help you reach your goal.

11. Great company

Current Employee - Store Manager in San Diego, CA

I have been working at 4G Wireless full-time (less than a year)

Pros

One of the best things about the company is they pay hourly plus commission. I've worked at other retailers that only paid commission. Here the amount of work you put in determines how much money you will make.

Cons

Serious quotas.
    Must hit quotas to get extra percentages.

Advice to Management

Maybe make work more appealing to employees. Keeping employees happy results in retaining employees.