4INFO Reviews

Reset
2.9
Zaw Thet

1. Forward thinking

Pros

4INFO was a forward thinking company in mobile

Cons

Could have done more creative ad units faster

2. Neutral

Former Employee - Account Manager in San Mateo, CA
    Former Employee - Account Manager in San Mateo, CA

I worked at 4INFO full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free parking, smart engineering team and convenient location

Cons

Product lacks key features, focus and direction.

Advice to Management

Keep focussing on making the product better

3. Great Startup Learning Experience

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Pros

4INFO has a great work-life balance. Time off is probably the highest around the valley. Great communication among peers. Regular fun activities.

Cons

At companies like 4INFO, you work on problems that may not seem like real problems worth solving. You might wonder: why I'm I doing this.

Advice to Management

Make folks(everyone) feel like the truly own a part in the company. Create clear goals for employees along with tangible reward programs for meeting those goals. Help employees build or at lease feel like they are growing their career

5. Startup culture

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Pros

Great atmosphere Work hard play hard Senior management is knowledgeable Booming start-up environment Lots of opportunity to learn in different lines of business

Cons

Workplace is dead silent Employee turnover rate has been extremely high the past 2-3 years but new people are brought in daily Slow promotions

Advice to Management

Despite the economic downtown, consider giving your employees more benefits - you might be surprised what a free meal every day for lunch would do. You are competing with places like Facebook and Google.

6. I can't believe I worked here as long as I did. Thank god I got out!

Pros

They have a good benefits package and do some fun company events together.

Cons

Really hard to get excited about working here... Morale was pretty low across the board because there are a few bad apples in the management team, making the environment pretty icky. There was no formal review process and very little incentive to get passionate about the work you're doing here. The different departments are out of touch with each other. Despite the fact that their CEO is a very fun, personable and approachable person, the general environment of the company is not fun, collaborative or supportive. I think in theory, they've hoped to create this kind of environment but have failed in execution. I was with the company for a pretty long time and was enthusiastic at first but I watched it go sour over time. A lot of my peers still at the company have some serious qualms with the way things are done and would love to find new jobs. A lot of their better employees have left for better opportunities.

Advice to Management

When a lot of your talent leaves to go on and have success at more prestigious organizations, you should take it as a cue that you are not creating an environment where good talent can thrive. Some of the people in management are not qualified to be managing others... they either don't have the training to manage or they are just naturally bad at it. This IS a big deal and has tremendous consequences for morale. The only people who feel important at this company are the managers, and that is a problem. There's a lot of talk at all-hands meetings about what an important contribution each person is making, but it really comes off as lip service.

RSS Feed </> Embed